PDA

View Full Version : - Diary of Despair!!!

tastefulmrship
06-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Look, I know we're all going through the same problems here & I should just shut my mouth and get a life, but I'm still gonna do it anyway!
Here's my diary of today's events... and my despair in not playing S&M yet!

06:00 - Got up and had a cup of coffee. I knew XBL was down, so caught up on 'lifestyle downloads' and emails.

08:30 - XBL and xbox.com were back up. Logged in to both. Saw the crappy new xbox.com front screen and ignored it.

09:30 - Waited for the new XBLA releases to be... well, released, I guess! Nothing as of yet!

10:30 - Still nothing... but at least I can play TF2 with pathetic little fellows/ladies who call me n00b for being better than they are... oh, well! Not long to wait now!

12:30 - S&M has finally appeared on XBLA! Hurrah!... but... what's this? I can't access it! It must be related to the maintenance thingy last night. A few more minutes of TF2 and it'll be ready.

13:30 - No... still not working. Lots of doody error codes, but no S&M!

16:30 - YAY! M$ have taken my 1600MSP and I'm downloading... another cup of coffee is in order!

16:40 - Oi? What's this? The download could not be completed. Please try again later. Any points you used for this transaction have been deducted from your balance and will not be deducted again. Status Code: 80070057

17:00 - Pure anger at M$ for taking my cash, but not giving me my game! Is this actually legal? Still getting the same error codes... even when downloading the MTG trial!

... to be continued...

btdavis22
06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Sucks that you didn't get your game but they are obviously experiencing problems. You will get your game when they work out the kinks just do the download game again option. Again that sucks and now I am going to go try to download all the arcade games.

Blacky
06-17-2009, 06:51 PM
It's 20.45 pm ( GMT +1 ) and still no Sam & Max.

The error code for the trial = 80070057 and for the full game 80070000 B.

I wanted to download the trial first to see if the problems are solved or not.

So tastefulmrship and all others, we have to wait a little longer.

[Waggly Bean]
06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I've been trying on and off for the past couple of hours, but with no luck.

We can't download any of todays releases - both Rocket Riot and Magic: the Gathering are also unavailable.

My guess is this won't be sorted until tomorrow now... :(

tastefulmrship
06-17-2009, 08:03 PM
... tiny update, albeit a boring one!

18:15 - Took time-out for munchies! Tried to download before eating, no joy! (With the download I mean, not the munchies!)

20:30 - !!12 hours waiting!! Tried to download again, but no luck... no surprise, either! ROCKET RIOT has been added, however, so it looks like the MARKETPLACE is updated every 4 hours. My next, and final, check for the day will be 00:30, but I fear this will be fruitless! [Waggly Bean] may be correct in his assessment & we (in the UK) won't get this game until tomorrow.

Murakaless
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Someone needs to fix this.

I feel like MS does not even know it has an error.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

InfernoFrY
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
;2062466']
We can't download any of todays releases - both Rocket Riot and Magic: the Gathering are also unavailable.

And today was the first day ever that 3 arcade games have appeared at once and I've wanted to download all of them.

Zee
06-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Ah man, are the downloads still broken? I haven't been on my X-box today. The other thing is that xbox.com seems to be really really slow since the update.

Jubblegum
06-18-2009, 04:11 AM
You can download it now.

artphobia
06-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Got the game downloaded now and playing. Awesome as they left it cursor controlled... too bad I cant just hook a mouse up and play. :) Have fun

tastefulmrship
06-18-2009, 08:33 AM
00:35 - Final check of the night... still buggered, however a few more COMMUNITY GAMES have appeared... maybe it'll be available from 04:30 onwards! Who knows?

00:45 - Sleep time! *snore*

05:45 - Switched on my X360 to check if S&M works! F**k me, it does! Grabbing a coffee (to wake up!) and waiting for those numbers to reach 100.

06:10 - Booting and running! CULTURE SHOCK here we come, little buddy!

08:38 - Finished! ^_^ Ok, what's next?

09:15 - Achievement walkthrough is up and edited for those who want 200GP without the hassle of using their brain! (Not that I'm moaning or flaming... it works for me, too!)

It's a shame that XBL still has problems (still getting a 8007007d error when going into the S&M MP section) even after 24 hours! However, all is good in the 'hood! (Boy do I HATE that expression!)

Happy adventuring, kids! ^_^ Time for some proper sleep, methinks!

wolvieware
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I had issues downloading this too. Managed to finally do it last night. Haven't bought it yet, but having played the trial probably will!

Firegod83
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Not sure if folks are still having troubles or not, but I bought it/set it to download directly from Xbox.com so that when I came home and turned on my console it started right away.

Worth a try if you are still having issues