PDA

View Full Version : Manual Search Suggestion

Shelton
06-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Every time I am online, I go to the forums, select my username then view my posts.

Sometimes, if I have been offline for awhile and was previously quite active, it can be hard finding the posts/threads I am looking for. Also, there are times when I am looking for an older thread and I have to go through page after page. Similar to looking for a needle in a haystack.

Anyway, my idea is to have a drop down tab, which allows you to sort your posts via forums. So, if I want to view the post I made on the Resident Evil forum a few days ago, I'd select the tab and scroll to RE.
It'd then show all the posts I have made in that forum.

Alternatively, an option when viewing the actual forum could lead to all your posts in that particular forum.

Now, if this is too much trouble to implement, I'll understand. I just think it'd be a nice feature.

kaleido42
06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
This is a really good idea (if i'm reading it right) but with how vbulletin is set up I think it might be a bit difficult to implement.

Shelton
06-20-2009, 01:45 AM
I have no idea about the technical side of the forums, so I cannot really comment on that. However, I know that the information is already being tracked... My suggestion is just to organise it.

If it is possible, I believe it would be a vast improvement upon the current system.

kaleido42
06-20-2009, 02:29 AM
I have no idea about the technical side of the forums, so I cannot really comment on that. However, I know that the information is already being tracked... My suggestion is just to organise it.

If it is possible, I believe it would be a vast improvement upon the current system.

Agreed, another thing that I think would be nice if in the page where you can view all of your previous posts is if you could do a search for either title or content.

Shelton
06-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Yes, that could lead on from this idea. Before getting ahead of ourselves though, we'd need to know the viability of the original suggestion. May be asking for something that is not possible.