PDA

View Full Version : 1 vs 100 Live beta

KamikazeQ
06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
So has anyone tried this out and if so what do you think? I played a couple of rounds Sunday evening and it was pretty addicting. For the most part the first 20 or so questions were nothing that a big pop culture junkie couldn't answer but then they started throwing in history questions lol. I liked it an dlooking forward to playing it out of beta when I can win avatar stuff and other possible prizes.

FYI:
*A round/game lasts for 37 questions with a minute long stat review break every 10 questions.
*The questions get progressivly harder.
*In one round I was asked a question and two rounds later I was asked the question in reverse. Basically they asked me what band's last release was the album in question then in a later round I played they asked me what was the name of the last album release for such and such band. (The same album and band was involved in both questions.)
*I only experienced the game from the mob I was never the "one".

SaintKnight
06-18-2009, 01:10 AM
1v100 is awesome. I always liked the show, but this is so much better. The only time it gets annoying is when my friends start asking me "What is the answer to this?"

OneSweetShannon
06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
The "extended play" rounds last 30 minutes, with everyone playing as the mob. How you do in the extended play can help improve your chances for being selected as the one or the mob during the full rounds. The full rounds can last any number of questions until the one loses or takes the money, and then a new one is designated, rinse and repeat for 2 hours. In the full rounds there is the one, the mob, and everyone else plays along in the crowd. When it goes live the top crowd members will have a chance to win prizes so you can still win something if you're not one of the 101 competing members.

PMILL69
06-18-2009, 01:51 AM
if you play in your crowd and do good it once said I got one xbla title and 1000 MS points

N-Forced
06-18-2009, 01:55 AM
yea i've been playing it since it came out but i guess i was playing too much since i've gotten bored of the game already

gamerguy69
06-18-2009, 02:54 AM
So has anyone tried this out and if so what do you think? I played a couple of rounds Sunday evening and it was pretty addicting. For the most part the first 20 or so questions were nothing that a big pop culture junkie couldn't answer but then they started throwing in history questions lol. I liked it an dlooking forward to playing it out of beta when I can win avatar stuff and other possible prizes.

FYI:
*A round/game lasts for 37 questions with a minute long stat review break every 10 questions.
*The questions get progressivly harder.
*In one round I was asked a question and two rounds later I was asked the question in reverse. Basically they asked me what band's last release was the album in question then in a later round I played they asked me what was the name of the last album release for such and such band. (The same album and band was involved in both questions.)
*I only experienced the game from the mob I was never the "one".

Those were EXTENDED Play sessions you were playing. They are more fast paced than the "Live" 1 vs. 100 that occur on Fridays and Saturdays (Primetime). Extended play has everyone just playing for score. "Live" sessions have the commentator and the 1 is given the option of selecting the "money" or going for another question thus 1 vs. "the remaining mob". Object of the game is to be the remaining 1 who takes down the entire mob of 100.

Madmax410
06-18-2009, 03:11 AM
You should try the live version. If you were in one big mob, then its the extended play. The live version actually feels more like a gameshow than anything else

Extended play is pretty damn fun too, though

KamikazeQ
06-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Thanks for clarifying that everyone. I didn't realize what the difference was between the extended play and live version.

Thegreatest7884
06-18-2009, 05:34 AM
I only like it when I play with friends. It gets boring when you don't know the people in your group. But I was really excited to get a chance in the mob.

Dukefan45
06-18-2009, 05:38 AM
I played it consistently with friends for the first two weeks. The competition with friends is what makes it so much fun. The live version is so much better than the extended play since the questions usually stay at a moderate difficulty instead of random, useless knowledge. I'd still be playing the beta regulary, but my 360's broke.

LadyJinx
06-18-2009, 06:07 AM
To be honest, I hated it at first, because I lost my very first game. But once I played it two more times, I racked up 100,000 points and started liking the game.

I guess the human body, history, animal and music questions I get rigtht away. But some of the questions, are kinda.. dull.

mrtrick92
06-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Am i missing something here. This may sound stupid but how do you play this beta? :S

Emo185
06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Am i missing something here. This may sound stupid but how do you play this beta? :S

i think the beta is only open to US Residents or US Xbox Live Accounts, so if you dont live in US you cant play it (i think).

gamerguy69
06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
i think the beta is only open to US Residents or US Xbox Live Accounts, so if you dont live in US you cant play it (i think).

It began as a beta for Canada in May. It now includes US and Canada since June 1 -- still beta. There are no prizes as of yet. Each correct answer earns you an entry in a sweepstakes.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/1vs100/

v SnOwMaN v
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
I know some people who are mad because they don't know the answers when they get to the hard ones. I'm like that's the point. They are suppose to get harder. They want questions where it's easy to do elimination of the answers.