PDA

View Full Version : high gamer scores??

GREENM0BSTA
06-18-2009, 05:51 AM
I see some people on here with over 100K gamer scores, and I can't help but thing these scores were had by cheating and either glitching or boosting. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers because I'm the new guy, but I would like someone explain how they get em so high.

Thegreatest7884
06-18-2009, 05:54 AM
It's not hard to get a high score as long as you have the money, skill, and patience. I unfortunately have neither the wallet or the time to get a high score, but some people do. Stallion83 has a legit 300,000+ gamerscore because he has all of the things needed to support his gaming.

Andrew x360a
06-18-2009, 05:57 AM
The highest legit score is Stallion83 and his is well over 300,000, so 100,000 really isn't all that high. The Xbox 360 has been out for a number of years now, so a little dedication and willingness to play crappy games can net you 100K without too much sweat.

Jdm
06-18-2009, 06:05 AM
I see some people on here with over 100K gamer scores, and I can't help but thing these scores were had by cheating and either glitching or boosting. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers because I'm the new guy, but I would like someone explain how they get em so high.

Technically there's nothing wrong with boosting/trading online achievements. It's a personal preference and not everyone likes to obtain their achievements that way.

I crossed the 100K mark a few months back and I can tell you that I'm legit.;)

MattDB87
06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
you would be surprised how normal 100k actually is now, im at 90k atm and ive only been trying since the dashboard update, so its very possible.

KFZ Scrubs
06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Technically there's nothing wrong with boosting/trading online achievements. It's a personal preference and not everyone likes to obtain their achievements that way.

I crossed the 100K mark a few months back and I can tell you that I'm legit.;)
Yea, thats what i was thinking. I don't don't that there are people in the world who got 100k without using cheats, boosting or glitching... but i think a majority of people here must have used them to get 100k.

Emo185
06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
2 friends on XBL (not close or anything) have got over 100k (or close to it) - both used to be on par with me (i.e. 20k, then 30k etc) - but then they both decided to buy (or maybe not?) every game that ever comes out (including the absolute terrible ones and XBLA) - whats funny is that they dont even get 60% of the achievements, only seen about 4 games on their list that have full 1000k completition.

id rather have more compeltion (or overall higher achievement completition) than have lots of crap games on my list.

Boiled Frogs
06-18-2009, 11:24 AM
some games you just need to boost, like the COD 3 online achievements nowadays.

There's no big secret to a high gamerscore, you just play lots of games, there's so many terrible games released by companies who don't know how achievements work, just because a film of the same name came out first and its something to make money on. These types of games are usually an astonishingly easy 1000.

Having good access to rental shops or even just good use of ebay can supply you with easy games while you get rid of them as you complete them at the same time

Waggaz
06-18-2009, 11:47 AM
all u need is lots of games and lots of time ;)

Z3R0 S1X
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
All you need to reach 100k+ is a way of paying for a Gamefly account and plenty of time to play. There's a list of easy/quick 1000s on this site that you can rent; if you've got the time and dedication, you should be able to hit 100k in about a year (if starting from zero).

DarkTharen
06-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Like everyone has stated it is fairly easy. Especially with the amount of games where it is easy to get cheevos

SengIV
06-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Its called playing games for achievements. My first year of gaming I played nothing online and played only Oblivion or Halo 2. Then when I had 3,000 gamerscore I got dogged by all my friends with 10,000. Now 2 years later since I started on gamerscore I have broken 100K (Legit mind you, check my card and see for yourself). They are still at 20K.

So if you play games for gamerscore it goes up fast.

And Gamefly. I jumped up 20,000 in two months from Gamefly.

Ry Fryy
06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
It's called getting a head start.

I took a quick look at your Achievement dates and most of the early ones are from late 2008 and early 2009. That's probably why 100,000 seems like a lot to you. Now if you had Achievements from 2005 and you were asking this.. then I might have to :confused:.

Midnight Malice
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Cheating is a loose term, so is glitching and boosting... If you define cheating as gamesaving and hacking, then yeah, that is wrong. But if you define it as using in-game cheats, then yeah, a lot of people do it. Thats the reason there are even codes for cheats in the first place.

Most people see using in-game glitches as OK to obtain achievements, as long as they don't screw over other people online to obtain... some even wipe out game updates to delete the patches that have fixed glitches to get achievements. Said glitches would be like the Forza 2 buying/selling part or RE5 Rotten egg glitch. These don't really hurt anyone, and actually have guides on how to do on this site.

Boosting is probably the least looked down upon, and is actually almost nessassary to get some achievements. Godlike from Shadowrun comes to mind. And on top of that, a lot of games require online achievements but the online community is DEAD. No way to get some of the older games without boosting.

If you choose not to do it this way, o.k. you'll go up slower, but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you got it legit.

Basically, as long as you don't screw over others, or violate the terms of use on Live. Do what you gotta do.

Madmax410
06-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Honestly, it's called rental services.

Ever since I got Gamefly a couple of months ago my gamerscore went up a lot. Some of the games I've played I would have never gotten to be honest.

Then again, I do respect people who actually bother to get 1000s or close to it, unlike the people who get all the easy achievements, get close to 500, then send it back. If I see someone with 100k, I usually look to see if they have a ton of 100%s and say "Wow, he really worked for that" or if they have a ton of games and say "Wow, he must really go through games fast"

roy1751
06-19-2009, 04:37 AM
Since you can't imagine it, it must mean that it's impossible.

LoveAGramm
06-19-2009, 04:51 AM
Since you can't imagine it, it must mean that it's impossible. I lol'd but honestly...some people just really are dedicated to gaming. :drunk

DDcup x
06-19-2009, 07:25 AM
LoveFilm, GameFly, or a woad of cash is needed :P

jackanape
06-19-2009, 07:56 AM
100k is no longer that great (in terms of a high score) as 200k seems to be the new goal. Maybe that's just me but it seems that as more and more people hit 100k the goal posts have started to move ever higher.

As for hitting 100k at all - it's fairly easy if you just pick a load of quick and easy games. You could probably rack up 50-60k in a couple of months if you did nothing but play games. If you played games just for the easy points (rather then 100% completion) then you could make that number even higher as there are plenty of games that let you pick up hundreds of points for very little effort.

Evo Kazz
06-19-2009, 08:20 AM
100k is a score to be proud of, unless your a gamesaver lol.

I have just over 80,000 now, and I know first hand the dedication I put into getting that, it's an addiction. I have had my 360 close to 2 years, if I had got it on release, I would no doubt be into the 150,000 region now.

Getting a high score requires just a few things, namely:

1) Money/Good Rental Service/DLC
2) Time/Patience
3) A Target/Aim

We all play kids games time to time to nudge it up a bit, and IMO thats fine, as this is still gaming, and a lot of kids games still require basic skill, and patience to collect everything, I try to play games I like, but unfortunately games we prefer dont always come with easy cheevies, but sometimes you need to let go in the name of fun.

Anything over 30,000 is impressive in my eyes, I have casual gamer friends who have had since release and not even hit 10,000 yet. They play everyday.

Boosting is fine aswell, your still meeting the games requirments, and to be honest some of the boosting techniques are pure genius, I have seen people work out mathmatical ways to effectively boost, jot things on paper, have excellent memory, and some awesome teamwork/organisation skills.

ImpendIn_Agony
06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't say they cheated there way to 100,000. There are plenty of games to get your score up that high. Hell if I wanted to I could probably add as much as over 10,000 to my own in as little as 4/5 days.
As for 100,000 not being a good high score I would have to respectfully disagree with Jackanape, and go with Evokazz. Just to use myself as an example, look at a site like MYGamerCard where there are currently 3,066,310 live gamers. My gamerscore of 55,540 is ranked 15,544 worldwide. That puts me in the in the top 1/2%( 0.5069285232086775%to be exact)of all gamers that compare scores. Jack at over 152,000, and Evo at over 81,000 are even higher than that. Someone with a score around 33,000 still ends up at around 2% . So overall it is still something impressive to be over 100K.

Cheezbrgr
06-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Im halfway there and I borrow lots of games from friends...ive played 80 and I only own about 16 + 5 arcade games...

I do gamerscore because it makes me do stuff in games that I normally wouldnt and gives me more from a game...I don't bother for long/hard grinding ones unless it's fun and I dont do games I don't like (i.e Lost Odyssey, Oblivion)

NunyaBuziness
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
By playing every game I can get my hands on. My husband and I often get ignorant messages from random people calling us boosters and cheaters. If you notice on the whole if it's a versus game there few achievements had for myself or hubby for the versus cheevos (unless its a game we ab so lute ly LOVE) as we are not boosters. Our business is seasonal, and that means like last winter, hubby was home nearly 5 months. If you know much about Ohio, it has NOTHING to do here, so we play alot in the winter.

Knocking out points if pretty easy if you don't hang on to one game. Like L4D, that killed 4 months of point increase for me as that was basically all I played. But since April I went from around 115K to my present score. If all you play is H3, GoW or COD versus and nothing else, your scores are not going to increase by much.

Just depends on if you want to play with online people and enjoy that enviroment more than points. Me, L4D left me sour to playing with randoms on LIVE as they IMHO are poor sports on the whole and to be spiteful will put in false feedback. Lost a star due to the lousy feedback system that allows people who are really bad players put in something that is not true just to get back at you the only way they can.

NunyaBuziness
06-19-2009, 11:58 AM
LoveFilm, GameFly, or a woad of cash is needed :P
At one point we had GameFly x2 getting 4 out at a time = 8 games out at a time. Along with hitting Family Video that only costs 3.50USD for 5 nights if there was a game we wanted to try before we bought and had not arrived from GameFly. Now down to just 4 out at a time and using Family Video. 8 out was just insane.:p

Points are easy to gain, you are correct in that it does cost money. Fortunately for us, (and for our son) we are parents/adults who game and can afford to play.....ALOT.;) Heck we even have Business Class Roadrunner (90 USD a month) so our upload is better than average. (we get 14mbps download and 2mbps upload) Really hate playing with people who have less than average internet and their guy zips from one spot to another...lagging so badly. :(

An Amish Woman
06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Time and money. Thats all it takes.

jackanape
06-19-2009, 12:32 PM
As for 100,000 not being a good high score I would have to respectfully disagree with Jackanape, and go with Evokazz. Just to use myself as an example, look at a site like MYGamerCard where there are current 3,066,310 live gamers. My gamerscore of 55,540 is ranked 15,544 worldwide. That puts me in the in the top 1/2%( 0.5069285232086775%to be exact)of all gamers that compare scores. Jack at over 152,000, and Evo at over 81,000 are even higher than that. Some one with a score around 33,000 still ends up at around 2% . So overall it is still something impressive to be over 100K.

Ha ha, well you are probably right but I never think of it like that. I think the problem is the fact I hang around this site too much where high scores are common place and I probably have 20-30 people on my friends list with 100k+ so for me it is kind of a normal score.

ImpendIn_Agony
06-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Ha ha, well you are probably right but I never think of it like that. I think the problem is the fact I hang around this site too much where high scores are common place and I probaly have 20-30 people on my friends list with 100k+ so for me it is kind of a normal score.

LOL Fair enough, after all it boils down to a matter of perspective. It's true that if you stick around here long enough and you begin to think 100K as common place.

Z3R0 S1X
06-19-2009, 01:49 PM
As for 100,000 not being a good high score I would have to respectfully disagree with Jackanape, and go with Evokazz. Just to use myself as an example, look at a site like MYGamerCard where there are currently 3,066,310 live gamers. My gamerscore of 55,540 is ranked 15,544 worldwide. That puts me in the in the top 1/2%( 0.5069285232086775%to be exact)of all gamers that compare scores. Jack at over 152,000, and Evo at over 81,000 are even higher than that. Someone with a score around 33,000 still ends up at around 2% . So overall it is still something impressive to be over 100K.
You hit that guess of the top two percent right on the head as I'm in the top 50,000 or so on there. That works out to the top 1.6 percent of 360 users worldwide. :) Not bad, but I'd like to get in the range of 50k plus on GS.

KFZ Scrubs
06-19-2009, 02:15 PM
100k is no longer that great (in terms of a high score) as 200k seems to be the new goal. Maybe that's just me but it seems that as more and more people hit 100k the goal posts have started to move ever higher.

As for hitting 100k at all - it's fairly easy if you just pick a load of quick and easy games. You could probably rack up 50-60k in a couple of months if you did nothing but play games. If you played games just for the easy points (rather then 100% completion) then you could make that number even higher as there are plenty of games that let you pick up hundreds of points for very little effort.
Now when i hit 100k.... i won't feel as great.
DAMN!

L0cke89
06-19-2009, 02:17 PM
We don't have Gamefly in Germany and Lovefilm only sends DVD's Bluerays (which is great, too xD) here. But there are other ways.

You can get a 1k in about 20 games in one day (each one day not compined) so they cost me around 1,2 (getting them saturday 10am, bringing back 9pm) and a lot of other are completed over the weekend for 3,60. And that is something everyone can effort every weekend.

Also, use all the gamestops. I worked at one and if you always go to another one (the same shop every month) you can always bring them back after a week.

Then you can rent stuff from your friends and buy a ton used cheap games at amazon marketplaze or if your from europe at amazon.uk.co, play.com or dvd.co.uk (all very cheap)

I got over 150 360 games and paid about 25 bucks for each of them. even the new releases I get for 30-40 Thanks to the weak pound ;p

TIME: well, it depends. Even if you have a job, a wife and a family, you can still play 4-5 hours each day. Just do the other stuff untill 9-10pm and then play till 3-4am. There are people that need 8 hours of sleep, but many that don't and it's ok, if you have a least one day each week you can sleep about 8-10 hours.

Even if you work 8 hours, plus 1 hour break plus 1 hour getting there and back home, sleeping 4 hours, you still have 10 hours left. So justtake some time for you friends, wife and kids for a few hours and then you can play. It's really all about managing your time. So that's to all who think people with high scores have no life.

Jabbawocky
06-19-2009, 03:16 PM
If I had the time and money my score would be ober 100,00 but as it stands I only just have 24% of that amount.

GREENM0BSTA
06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Well I don't want stupid games like Bolt and other easy games on my list of games. I have Avatar, and it's only because my son wanted to rent it and play it, so I said what the hell, these achievements are easy so I'll get them while I have the game. Other than the lego games (which I enjoy), i dont want other dumb games on there just for Gamerscore.

L0cke89
06-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Well I don't want stupid games like Bolt and other easy games on my list of games. I have Avatar, and it's only because my son wanted to rent it and play it, so I said what the hell, these achievements are easy so I'll get them while I have the game. Other than the lego games (which I enjoy), i dont want other dumb games on there just for Gamerscore.

Well, Bolt ist actually a really fun kids game to rent. same as the lego games and Kung Fu Panda

Painkiller Q8
06-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I paly since 2007 ... I will reach 100k this week :P

SengIV
06-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Congrats. That is you. But some of us want those games for gamerscore. But because I hit 100K with those games doesnt mean anything but 100K. No gamesaving, no cheating.

And they arent dumb to some people, like me.

Blue Radium
06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
You need a lot of dedication, along with some sort of game rental service. In the U.S., most people with 100k+ have Gamefly, or they rent from their local store. That way, you hardly pay anything for all of those games that take 4 hours to max out. Still, you have to remember to not just look at score. If someone has 1000/1000 (legitimate) gamerscore in Chrome Hounds, for example, that is a far greater achievement than reaching 100k gamerscore in my opinion. A high score is nice, but you can't let gamerscore make you forget what it means to be a gamer.

FoxTenson
06-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Boosting is hardly a bad thing, it's the only option for most games with online achievements, as they lack bots, and nobody else plays them online. You still play the game and fulfill the requirements, so it's hardly cheating. As for the kid games, or easy games...just because they are for kids, or easy doesn't mean they are crappy games. A lot of the easy and/or kids games are pretty fun to play, as they aren't all focused on being hardcore and flashy, they are just about gameplay. King Kong was fun, Kung Fu panda was fun, I found surf's up fun as well. In fact...most of the games I find annoying and bad, tend to be a lot of the mainstream games. Not to mention some kids games are not exactly easy to 1000 without effort.

Quarantane
06-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Most people see using in-game glitches as OK to obtain achievements, as long as they don't screw over other people online to obtain...

Boosting is probably the least looked down upon, and is actually almost nessassary to get some achievements. Godlike from Shadowrun comes to mind. And on top of that, a lot of games require online achievements but the online community is DEAD. No way to get some of the older games without boosting. I agree with you here.

Especially with games like Left 4 Dead where the entire game is based on teamwork. Any glitches that would help one person can easily be used to help everyone.

There is a glitch in Death Toll for L4D to get the Untouchable achievement much easier. I did not mind using that glitch because everyone got the achievement at the same time, so it in fact helped all players.

So like everyone said, having time+games+patience/dedication= higher gamerscore.

I don't care to much about having a high score, I'm trying to get a higher completion %. But right now there are some games I rented, played once and had to return so my completion is being brought down as a result.

I'm thinking I may want to try Gamefly and see how that works out, but I'm not sure I have the money for it, plus I'm not so sure about the safety of the mail in my area.

Quarantane
06-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Boosting is hardly a bad thing, it's the only option for most games with online achievements, as they lack bots, and nobody else plays them online. You still play the game and fulfill the requirements, so it's hardly cheating. As for the kid games, or easy games...just because they are for kids, or easy doesn't mean they are crappy games. A lot of the easy and/or kids games are pretty fun to play, as they aren't all focused on being hardcore and flashy, they are just about gameplay. King Kong was fun, Kung Fu panda was fun, I found surf's up fun as well. In fact...most of the games I find annoying and bad, tend to be a lot of the mainstream games. Not to mention some kids games are not exactly easy to 1000 without effort. I have to agree here.

I got Kung Fu Panda free with the X-Box and just kept looking at it thinking "Why would I ever play this?" Well then Live went down on the 16th and I decided to give it a chance. While the game was incredibly easy to beat, and the achievements are also pretty easy I have to say I did enjoy playing the game.

Quarantane
06-20-2009, 11:58 PM
A high score is nice, but you can't let gamerscore make you forget what it means to be a gamer.
I find that alot of people have let this happen, and I'm concerned that it may happen to me.

I find myself looking at achievements more as a "guide" than as what they were intended to be, an award. (At least that's my opinion). I also see alot of people looking at these high gamerscores and saying "Wow he has 50k+ he must be really good" but they have no achievements that take any skill.

Take my brother, he has about 11k+ and I only have 7k+ and he thinks he's better than me because of it. But when I look at games both of us have played, he has MUCH less in every game I've completed. Take Bioshock, him-600 me-950 (damn unachievable notebook making play through again D< hate that). Not to mention that he got his 11k over 1-2 years, while I got my 7k in maybe 7 months.

Anyways, to me a higher completion % means a better (or more skilled) gamer. It doesn't take alot of skill to get 10% of 600 ames to get to 6000 points, but if you can get those 6000 points with only 6 games it shows more skill (in my opinion anyways)

KFZ Scrubs
06-21-2009, 04:39 AM
My friends were bugging me about this yesterday. Saying you get nothing from getting gs or achievements, so whats the point in doing it?
I told them because i see it as a hobby getting achievements.
You don't usually get anything from doing a hobby, but you still do it anyway.
Like stamp collecting, if you get all the stamps in a certain area you don't get a reward.

ApochWeiss
06-21-2009, 04:48 AM
I have a 65,000+ score. It would be about 100k but I work full time and have for the past year and some odd months now. I get bored with games easily, only certain ones like Dead Space have managed to hold my attention (on my 3rd runthrough with that game, yay! go pathetic Apoch!) so I'm always buying new games, which means new easy achievements are being added.

I've stopped that now though, the only two new retail games I picked up were Ghostbusters and I pre-ordered Overlord II. yes I grabbed the Sonic Vintage Collection II games and Magic The Gathering as well.

All my scores are legit, no cheating, and the only time I boost is when the on-line play is dead, such as in Prey, Dark Sector and Blacksite (the latter two I am STILL trying to boost haha). I'm about to break down and boost Magic on-line though, out of I don't know how manymatches, I lost 4, won 2, and everyone else quit when I was winning, so all that time is wasted time, and i'm tired of wasting it.

So, 100k is perfectly understandable. It's the 300k's I give shifty glances... :grab :wtf

ImpendIn_Agony
06-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Yeah it's very much like a hobby, but most other collectibles have a monetary value attached to them.e.g.stamps, coins, models, comics,etc..

LoveAGramm
06-21-2009, 04:54 AM
My friends were bugging me about this yesterday. Saying you get nothing from getting gs or achievements, so whats the point in doing it?
Like stamp collecting, if you get all the stamps in a certain area you don't get a reward. I don't think I could've said it better myself. Its really is just a hobby to keep it interesting.

KFZ Scrubs
06-21-2009, 05:04 AM
Yeah it's very much like a hobby, but most other collectibles have a monetary value attached to them.e.g.stamps, coins, models, comics,etc..
Yes that is true i suppose.
I don't know, i guess that's kind of like achievements too.
Like when you have an achievement hat few others have or when you 1k a game that's incredibly hard.

dakrkplayer2
06-21-2009, 05:48 AM
Honestly, it's called rental services.

Ever since I got Gamefly a couple of months ago my gamerscore went up a lot. Some of the games I've played I would have never gotten to be honest.

Then again, I do respect people who actually bother to get 1000s or close to it, unlike the people who get all the easy achievements, get close to 500, then send it back. If I see someone with 100k, I usually look to see if they have a ton of 100%s and say "Wow, he really worked for that" or if they have a ton of games and say "Wow, he must really go through games fast"
I got a lost games I am closes to it. But it beyound my skill levle of a gamer.

ApochWeiss
06-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Like stamp collecting, if you get all the stamps in a certain area you don't get a reward.

...I just do it because, when that little achievement thing pops up on the screen, it makes me feel like I did something right, and I get as giddy as a teen seeing his first set of hooters all over again.