PDA

View Full Version : Just been suspended...

The Contender X
06-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I haven't been online for 3 days, and when i just got back get a message saying That iven been suspended till the 24th June, I mean wtf.
I also get an email and this is what ive been banned for.

" This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been suspended due to inappropriate content in the profile for your gamertag. The inappropriate content was discovered in the Motto, Bio, Location, Name and/or Personal Picture.

Your profile was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service.

The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because this content is in violation, the LIVE Enforcement Team has deleted the content and issued a temporary suspension.
You have been sent a message in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period"

This aint the first time i've been suspended either, I was once playing Shadowrun and some guy called me a prick just because i wasen't that good at the game. So i told him to Fuck off, and he said something like i work for xbox and offcourse i didn't believe him. The next day i got suspended. I mean wow just fucking wow..

Has anyone else had any problems like this...

Madmax410
06-18-2009, 07:18 PM
So what will posting this do? I dunno, what did you put in your profile that you think got you banned?

And clearly if you start swearing out someone and MS finds out they will ban you. I don't see why you had to even respond to the guy that insulted you.

Edit: I haven't been banned by the way. Probably because I tend to stay in party chat, woo.

A Pip Boy 3000
06-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I havn't, but seems gay.
If that lad did work for Microsoft and got you banned for that, thats just gay.

Crimson Ridley
06-18-2009, 07:20 PM
What was the offensive thing that you had on your gamertag?

I got suspended for a day once, because I had "Send in a crazy Hindu" as my motto, which I now realise was offensive, but at the time it was an in-joke with my friend, over a video we watched on Youtube.

I guess the moral of the story is yellow car.

The Contender X
06-18-2009, 07:22 PM
So what will posting this do? I dunno, what did you put in your profile that you think got you banned?

And clearly if you start swearing out someone and MS finds out they will ban you. I don't see why you had to even respond to the guy that insulted you.

Edit: I haven't been banned by the way. Probably because I tend to stay in party chat, woo.

Eh read the bottom of my post, i wanted to see if anyone else has been banned for basically nothing.

Motto was; I am bad company
Bio was; Battlefield 2
Modern warfare 2

Edit; And i couldn't off been banned for my gamertag, well unless Microsoft are retarded and think it's offensive

Pirate
06-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Interesting....

Microsoft does make dumb decisions sometimes.

Crimson Ridley
06-18-2009, 07:25 PM
What about Name and Location? Because from what you've told us, Microsoft shouldn't have banned you.

Jiga.Puzzle.5
06-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I'v been banned for the same thing before.I also don't suggest just randomly going off on people even if they do desevre it.Cuz those fucking Xbox workers are everywhere.

Qavala
06-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Eh read the bottom of my post idiot, i wanted to see if anyone else has been banned for basically nothing.

Bio was; Battlefield 2
Modern warfare 2

Edit; And i couldn't off been banned for my gamertag, well unless Microsoft are retarded and think it's offensive

No need to call him an idiot there mate. Stop being a prick, maybe the xbox guy was right :p

However, that's a complete joke if you got banned for that as a motto and bio. Unlucky man, you'll have it back in a few days though, no worries :D

shilbo-assassin
Yeah tell the truth - what did you really have in your bio? :)

The Contender X
What about Name and Location? Because from what you've told us, Microsoft shouldn't have banned you.

I didn't have a location or Name.

@ Madmax sorry for calling you an idiot, just the heat of the moment and i've only just found out i got suspended

DarkTharen
06-18-2009, 07:29 PM
you definutly did something. every other post when somone has been banned, it goes round and round about how they didn't do anything and in the end when they contact Microsoft they all ended up doing somthing.

The Contender X
06-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah tell the truth - what did you really have in your bio? :)

I am telling the truth. Why would i want to lie about something like this.

shilbo-assassin
06-18-2009, 07:32 PM
maybe they thought 'i am bad company' was offensive. ridiculous but what else could it be??

Pirate
06-18-2009, 07:34 PM
I am telling the truth. Why would i want to lie about something like this.
Because you're pissed and you want someone to blame. :rolleyes:

The Contender X
06-18-2009, 07:40 PM

Dont be silly mate, it's thursday evening i don't think so, plus i have work tommorow so don't want a hangover

kevinbeck12713
06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Is, "Dam it feels good to be a gangster" offensive?

v SnOwMaN v
06-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Go to Xbox.com and go to the suspension area of the forums. They now have two people working in that section of the forums who will tell you why you were suspended for. Bootblackx is one of them anyways. Just go there and they will tell you why you were suspended. Please don't be shocked when they tell you, because people go on there aksing and they tell exactly what they were suspended for. I guess people think you can't get suspended for have fuck off in your you BIO well you can. People go on there asking and the person working for Xbox will come back and say "Well your MOTTO said I like to fuck chick with rubber dingalings." So if you did have something bad in your name,bio....ect. Then that is why you got suspended for.

Just go there and ask.

The Contender X
06-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Go to Xbox.com and go to the suspension area of the forums. They now have two people working in that section of the forums who will tell you why you were suspended for. Bootblackx is one of them anyways. Just go there and they will tell you why you were suspended. Please don't be shocked when they tell you, because people go on there aksing and they tell exactly what they were suspended for. I guess people think you can't get suspended for have fuck off in your you BIO well you can. People go on there asking and the person working for Xbox will come back and say "Well your MOTTO said I like to fuck chick with rubber dingalings." So if you did have something bad in your name,bio....ect. Then that is why you got suspended for.

Just go there and ask.

Ok thanks , i will go check on xbox.com.
Can i still sign in tho if i'm suspended

v SnOwMaN v
06-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok thanks , i will go check on xbox.com.
Can i still sign in tho if i'm suspended

Yes....the forums are separated from the system.

Rowey 94
06-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I Got Suspended Because My Dad Cancelled His Debit Card :/
Microsoft Fuckers

DarkTharen
06-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I am sure you are telling the truth. Call Microsoft they can tell you exactly why you were banned. After you call them post what they said.

Xx Master
06-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I got banned for same reason but for 24 hours.. All I had was my name in my motto and when I phoned up they said they coudn't tell me as they didn't know (They could only see what I could see, 'inappropriate content'). :confused::confused:

Tenacious
06-18-2009, 09:11 PM
The moral of the story is to never have anything that could be viewed as offensive in there.. tbh it's just your motto/bio space, what's the point of even putting anything in there anyway? There's no real reason, and bannings are always the result of the stupidity of the user.

Creech
06-18-2009, 10:16 PM
This aint the first time i've been suspended either, I was once playing Shadowrun and some guy called me a prick just because i wasen't that good at the game. So i told him to Fuck off, and he said something like i work for xbox and offcourse i didn't believe him. The next day i got suspended. I mean wow just fucking wow..

Cursing is against the Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct, so even in private chat it can get you suspended or banned. I find it amusing how many people don't bother to read the rules of the service they signed up for. It is essentially a VPN where everything you do can be recorded and reviewed later. Whether or not MS actually does so is another discussion, but everything CAN be. There is no such thing as "private" on Xbox Live, no freedom of speech, etc.

I havn't, but seems gay.
If that lad did work for Microsoft and got you banned for that, thats just gay.

This is considered defamatory against homosexuals, and on Xbox Live could get you suspended. Here, it just gets you an infraction. The MS employee was doing his job.

I'v been banned for the same thing before.I also don't suggest just randomly going off on people even if they do desevre it.Cuz those fucking Xbox workers are everywhere.

I suggest that you don't go randomly off on people period, especially if you want to succeed in business at some point.

Microsoft Fuckers

So you are mad at Microsoft because your dad doesn't want to pay for you to use a service? Sounds to me like you have some issues associating cause and effect, not to mention the proper use of capitalization.

I got banned for same reason but for 24 hours.. All I had was my name in my motto and when I phoned up they said they coudn't tell me as they didn't know (They could only see what I could see, 'inappropriate content'). :confused::confused:

Again, read the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct. You are not allowed to display your real name on your profile except in the Name field.

Squirrel257
06-18-2009, 11:36 PM

I was under the illusion that even true Microsoft employees aren't allowed to disclose that they work for Microsoft over xbox LIVE. Can anyone confirm this? Cause I am hearing lots of people lately saying "I work for Microsoft faggot, say goodbye to your account."

Ligerblaze
06-19-2009, 12:38 AM
They suspend people for anything i guess

N-Forced
06-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Eh read the bottom of my post, i wanted to see if anyone else has been banned for basically nothing.

Bio was; Battlefield 2
Modern warfare 2

Edit; And i couldn't off been banned for my gamertag, well unless Microsoft are retarded and think it's offensive im sure you had to have something else other then the stuff you listed because microsoft does not ban people for nothing. but if you really want to know why you were banned then i'd suggest going to xbox.com and asking there since they will be able to tell you exactly why.

Jethrow
06-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Microsoft Fuckers

what the fuck would you get suspended for that? wouldn't you just get kicked into silver membership, ??

Jethrow
06-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Cursing is against the Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct, so even in private chat it can get you suspended or banned. I find it amusing how many people don't bother to read the rules of the service they signed up for. It is essentially a VPN where everything you do can be recorded and reviewed later. Whether or not MS actually does so is another discussion, but everything CAN be. There is no such thing as "private" on Xbox Live, no freedom of speech, etc.

This is considered defamatory against homosexuals, and on Xbox Live could get you suspended. Here, it just gets you an infraction. The MS employee was doing his job.

I suggest that you don't go randomly off on people period, especially if you want to succeed in business at some point.

So you are mad at Microsoft because your dad doesn't want to pay for you to use a service? Sounds to me like you have some issues associating cause and effect, not to mention the proper use of capitalization.

Again, read the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct. You are not allowed to display your real name on your profile except in the Name field.

someone wanna tell me why you would get suspended for this? ive played with silver and gold, wtf, i dont get or have ever heard of this

dakisbac
06-19-2009, 03:32 AM
Jethrow, don't double post.

When you have an expired card on there they will continue giving you gold (assuming you have automatic renewal enabled) but not receive any money for this, and when they realise they will either bump it down to silver (like it should be) or ban you. The latter happened to my cousin and obviously to someone else in this thread. Tough luck.

SilentSpartan7
06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
i was banned i had eat s**t and die on my profile and it was there nearly 3 years then i was banned cus some1 complained, why i dunno, they really need to reasses there life

Jethrow
06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Jethrow, don't double post.

When you have an expired card on there they will continue giving you gold (assuming you have automatic renewal enabled) but not receive any money for this, and when they realise they will either bump it down to silver (like it should be) or ban you. The latter happened to my cousin and obviously to someone else in this thread. Tough luck.

so they try to take funds out, but since their isn't any in the account (lets say), its sort of like a grace period until they try to withdrawl again? Wow thats pretty stupid, i just buy the 1 year membership, no problemo

OneSweetShannon
06-19-2009, 12:39 PM

Just go there and ask.

LOL - I didn't know this forum existed. I'm nosey, so I rushed right over to check it out. Some hilarious posts there!

Br0kenAssass1n
06-19-2009, 02:32 PM

Dont be silly mate, it's thursday evening i don't think so, plus i have work tommorow so don't want a hangover

You're awesome... Way to miss the point of his post.

CaptainSpanner
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Ha. You Got Banned For Nothing.

Theres Someone On My Friends List Who Swears All Day Everyday Online, In GAME Chat. Hes Never Been Banned And Hes Been Playing Nearly a Year.

PS. Sorry For Laughing.

v SnOwMaN v
06-19-2009, 02:55 PM
LOL - I didn't know this forum existed. I'm nosey, so I rushed right over to check it out. Some hilarious posts there!

Yea it is funny. Like I said they go on there complaining about be suspended for no reason and they really did have a reason for getting suspended.

AlexUplinked
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
i was banned i had eat s**t and die on my profile and it was there nearly 3 years then i was banned cus some1 complained, why i dunno, they really need to reasses there life

You do know children play on live? And I'm sure quite a few parents don't want their kids seeing that, and not everyone is okay with swearing. Even if its censored, people still might take offence.

And at the OP, I hope you do realise that if you annoy someone in a game, quite a few of the immature players just get all their friends to go onto your GC and just vote for any reason, just because you maybe killed them.

Behelit Outlaw
06-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I got suspended for a day once, because I had "Send in a crazy Hindu" as my motto, which I now realise was offensive, but at the time it was an in-joke with my friend, over a video we watched on Youtube.

Benny Lava rocks !
YouTube - Crazy Indian Video... Buffalaxed! :Bounce:

a blind beggar
06-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Benny Lava rocks !
YouTube - Crazy Indian Video... Buffalaxed! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw) :Bounce:
that was UNBELIEVABLE...i laughed the whole time

sweatdog
06-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Am I the only one who notices that everyone posting who is complaining about being suspended uses the word fuck in their post. The original poster even admits to telling someone to fuck off.

Seems simple enough to me. If you want to play online, grow up.

w4rl0
06-19-2009, 07:08 PM
I haven't been online for 3 days, and when i just got back get a message saying That iven been suspended till the 24th June, I mean wtf.
I also get an email and this is what ive been banned for.

" This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been suspended due to inappropriate content in the profile for your gamertag. The inappropriate content was discovered in the Motto, Bio, Location, Name and/or Personal Picture.

Your profile was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service.

The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because this content is in violation, the LIVE Enforcement Team has deleted the content and issued a temporary suspension.
You have been sent a message in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period"

That sucks for you..

Creech
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I was under the illusion that even true Microsoft employees aren't allowed to disclose that they work for Microsoft over xbox LIVE. Can anyone confirm this? Cause I am hearing lots of people lately saying "I work for Microsoft faggot, say goodbye to your account."

MS employees are permitted to disclose their employer. However, I would be highly surprised if one of them called you a faggot. If they do, you can probably be safe in presuming that person is a liar.

MS does not look at your motto unless someone asks them to do so... Someone complained, MS looked, and since you were in violation of the TOU and/or COC, you were banned. Easy enough to understand.

Am I the only one who notices that everyone posting who is complaining about being suspended uses the word fuck in their post. The original poster even admits to telling someone to fuck off.

You, sir, earn a gold star.

Revolver
06-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Issues like these need to be put into a single thread because this is probably the 20th thread regarding suspension from XBL.
What's even more disapointing is that whoever posts the thread is always "wondering" why they got suspended when clearly all they should do is think for a second about the content of their profile, bio, or motto and if they figure it out then they would save us the need to uselessly read over such a cliche issues and give the same exact responses every single time.
I find that the best way to avoid being suspended for content is to simply put the x360a site on your motto and that's it as opposed to putting arrogant and degrading phrases that will undoubtedly get you in trouble.
That's what I do and I don't have any problems.

Jethrow
06-19-2009, 07:18 PM
You do know children play on live? And I'm sure quite a few parents don't want their kids seeing that, and not everyone is okay with swearing. Even if its censored, people still might take offence.

And at the OP, I hope you do realise that if you annoy someone in a game, quite a few of the immature players just get all their friends to go onto your GC and just vote for any reason, just because you maybe killed them.

exactly, for all those who complain, i just laugh and wish your suspensions would be alot longer than they are, i think, your year gold membership should be cancelled period. if you cant play online and act your age, and keep yourself from writing stupid shit in your motto, bio, you deserve what you get and more.

The Contender X
06-19-2009, 07:18 PM

I didn't know it was illegal to tell someone to fuck off.

As for that guy that worked for microsoft, I've had mulitiple multiple messages over my time on xbox when they have claimed they work for microsoft and they have all been lying, I thought this one was going to be no different. And i'm sure other people on this website have been told by someone that they work for microsoft and they can get you suspended.

I respect your opinion but i don't think i deserved to get suspended for a week, for what i don't know. I've posted on xbox.com to find out what i've been suspended for and i will let you guys know what i got suspended for.

Cheers for the help guys :)

Creech
06-19-2009, 07:36 PM

Bio was; Battlefield 2
Modern warfare 2

I love seeing stupid people get caught in their own web of lies. According to the Xbox Enforcement team, you were suspended for this:

You had multiple profanities in your profile, including "sh**bag" and "sh**".

Yeah, nothing offensive in your profile, that is for sure...

sweatdog
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I didn't know it was illegal to tell someone to fuck off.

But it violates the XBOX Live code of conduct.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the code of conduct...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeOfConduct.htm

While it doesn't specifically ban profanity other than in a person's gamertag or motto, this situation could easily be interpreted as a violation of the following rules.

Don't harass, abuse, or spam other players.

Don't impersonate or harass Microsoft employees, moderators, or staff members.

Creech
06-19-2009, 07:41 PM
But it violates the XBOX Live code of conduct.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the code of conduct...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeOfConduct.htm

While it doesn't specifically ban profanity other than in a person's gamertag or motto, this situation could easily be interpreted as a violation of the following rules.

Don't harass, abuse, or spam other players.

Don't impersonate or harass Microsoft employees, moderators, or staff members.

Fourth bullet point in the COC is profanity:

Don't distribute, post, publish, upload, disseminate or discuss defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexual or unlawful materials like child pornography or illegal drugs, including images, audio, video, or text.

The Contender X
06-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I love seeing stupid people get caught in their own web of lies. According to the Xbox Enforcement team, you were suspended for this:

Well xbox is fucked up.

I've already said what i had in my Bio/Motto and I've had these in there since i got the battlefield achievement, so Microsoft is shit and i will be taking this further..

DarkTharen
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM

Liek I posted before, the other threads like this one. People go round and round about how they did nothing wrong but in the end when they contact Microsoft then we find out they did violate the COC or TOU. Same old Same old.

It has also been stated many times, but if you act like a 12 year old trying to be older and cool, then your going to get banned. Grow Up!

sweatdog
06-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Fourth bullet point in the COC is profanity:

Good point. I didn't quite interpret it that way, but you're probably right.

No offense, Contender X, but I think you need to take responsibility for your own mistakes. If you continue to have the attitude that you were treated wrong by Microsoft, you won't learn from this experience.

Creech
06-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Well xbox is fucked up.

I've already said what i had in my Bio/Motto and I've had these in there since i got the battlefield achievement, so Microsoft is shit and i will be taking this further..

Further? Just sell your Xbox and go buy a Wii, dude. Seriously, you are just being ridiculous.

The Contender X
06-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Further? Just sell your Xbox and go buy a Wii, dude. Seriously, you are just being ridiculous.

Not really as i've been suspended for something that isn't even true

Madmax410
06-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't see why the mod on that site would lie. I also don't see why you won't stop telling us your innocent. It's not like we can do anything to help, anyway. Do the mature thing and just admit you cursed in your profile. Sheese.