PDA

View Full Version : Code on the blackboard.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Did anyone else notice the code on the blackboard? It's in the top floor of their place, on the back wall. It has a picture of their car, and underneath (in chalk) it says up, up, down, down, left, right, A, B.

Doesn't appear to do anything though.

Shinty
06-18-2009, 10:40 PM
It's a joke to Konami's ^ ^ v v < > < > B A code I'm sure/

Bass Slapper94
06-22-2009, 04:34 AM
It's a joke to Konami's ^ ^ v v < > < > B A code I'm sure/
I've heard of this joke but what exactly does it mean? Specifically? Like is it used across all there games?

RRIKER
06-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Do a search for the Konami code on wikipedia. Some great reads.

ThrillKillBill
06-22-2009, 02:32 PM
wasn't this a actual code used in the really old ghostbusters game from back in the day? I think it is

krillgar
06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
It was the code that Konami put in ALL of their games back in the NES days (possibly SNES too). I know it was in several of their games on the Game Boy too.

Most of the time, the code provided you with 99 lives. The most well-known game that this was utilized in was Contra.

bazariah
06-23-2009, 03:25 PM
It was the code that Konami put in ALL of their games back in the NES days (possibly SNES too). I know it was in several of their games on the Game Boy too.

Most of the time, the code provided you with 99 lives. The most well-known game that this was utilized in was Contra.

it wasnt actually ALL of their games, it was mearley a few of their games

the code when inputted in the correct places on games would grant the user 30 lives (contra, lifeforce input code on title) or would grant all weapons (gradius pause game unleash the code)

they also did use it on other games for the snes and gameboy, sometimes a slight variation of the existing original code, and some of their new franchises also use the code (or the button press at least follwed by a slight change to go with current button configurations)