PDA

View Full Version : Xbox downed after Jun 16th

Neil867
06-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Hi, I am a LONG time user of the site I love the achievement guides and how well it's all set up...but im a first time poster.

As you all know there was an update june 16th. When I woke up after the update I turned on my xbox and got the E 74. I went on Yahoo answers to see if it happened to anyone els or if it was just my bad luck. I turned out a few other people also got the E 74 after the update. Secondly..It tells me to go to the xbox.com/support site to fill out the repair form but the site is down and has been for two days now. I called the number and after a big deal I got them to do the registration for me but when they emailed me the shipping labled it was a link to the support site so thier was nothing I could to get it. After I called back they said they would mail me so now im waiting...

So I ask...
Did anyone els's xbox break after that update the 16th?
Can anyone get on the xbox.com/support website?

If it did happen to you and you do call make sure you tell them to mail you a copy of the shipping label.

Dukefan45
06-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Both of my 360's broke the weekend prior to the updates. One of them even came back to life for a few days after the update.

As for the support site, it is running very slow. It took me about 2 hours for all the forms to load, but I did eventually get it done and my 360 shipped.

itb72
06-19-2009, 12:20 AM
my xbox LIVE started up no problem. the only thing that was frustrating for me was that my last recent saves on my Oblivion game were not loading. i had the game downloaded to my hard drive and so i thought maybe if i deleted it, and played it from the DVD... nope, still it didn't load. yeah... after it freezing while loading like 10 times, i finally was about to bash my console to pieces when i decided to load a earlier save... and that worked. so something from the update corrupted my game saves, but luckily i didn't have to replay a hugeass quest. whew.

rocadepunk
06-19-2009, 12:55 AM
My 360 has had the E68 error code twice since the update, once when I turned it on the morning after the update and again just now. In any case, I have solved the problem for now but Microsoft will be having me call them in a very bad mood in the morning. This will more than likely result in them sending me a new hard drive, and god help the person on the other end of the phone if they decide it is my own fault and therefore try to charge me. I think it would be for the best if they didn't because I'm not very nice when I'm angry.

gamerguy69
06-19-2009, 05:17 AM
At any given time there are going to be a few 360s with the E74 error. It has nothing to do with the "update".

moshr666
06-19-2009, 06:04 AM
my xbox has been working fine since the upadate. like the man above me said you getting e74 has nothing to do with the update, just a unfortunate coincedence