PDA

View Full Version : COD 3 Vet Mode - Chapter 8 (the Forest)

suarvvve
01-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi all,

Working my way through COD 3 on vet mode and have hit a brick wall. I'm at what i believe to be the last part of chapter 8. I cross a road, go through a bit of a forest and take a bunker - loads and loads of enemies but its doable in about 10 mins. Anyway, i do all this and go through the bunker and reach a mortar. I have to blow up a road block. This sounds easy but its near impossible as germans run up to you whilst using the mortar. Your allies are not help as they just run into eachother. If i die i start all the way on the other side of the road :(

Any advice here?

Thanks.

Sebastian55
01-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I understand the part in which you mention because I died about 3 times during this part also. I found that by using the mortar to destroy the vehicles and enemies closest and then working my way to the other targets worked really well. Also if you get rushed and the mortar that hits the target closest to you doesn't have a great affect on the enemies around it, try pressing X so you aren't on the mortar again and gunning a few of them down adn then going back to the mortar when you feel it's safe to get in another shot or two. Try that and see if it works. Hope this helps.

suarvvve
01-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I have hit a brick wall here. Why on earth do you have to go back so freaking far if you die during the mortar bit? Also, where should i be aiming to hit on the blockade, as 3 mortars later the germans still keep coming. :/

phatspade
01-05-2007, 06:30 PM
hit the vehicles that have the red flare on them. i only had the problem on how i took my route to the bunker in the forest. it was the only level that was a pain in the rear for me. like seb said...just demount from the mortar and kill the enemies. just take your time. the controls are a pain to aim the mortar, but you will get it done.