PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbuster Q&A

ImpendIn_Agony
06-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Hello members I have been answering questions for people in many different threads and thought it might be a good idea to put all the knowledge in one place. If you are having trouble with something in the game I will make an effort to answer your questions here.... And after a short while put them into a roadmap or regular guide for the community.
Simply post your question in this thread:)
Also if you happen to know the answer to a question feel free to post as well.

darthmushu
06-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Since I haven't beaten it yet...do upgrades and purchases carry over to a new game, say, a higher difficulty

xRogue 5x
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Stuff doesn not carry over into your new playthrough.

TLOR FETT
06-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I have 7/10 Ghosts Scanned for Level 2 but when I go to that level or any level and manually go through the list of ghosts I have all 10 listed for that level.

ImpendIn_Agony
06-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Just because you have the ghost's picture does not mean you have scanned the ghost 100% with your PKE meter. Look through your ghosts and you will most likely find some info missing from their bio. Go back and scan these ghost again to fill out the missing ones.

The Nerevarine
06-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Why do I keep dying???

Let me elaborate: I'm at the part after the first hotel level in the street with Stay Puft. He throws a car and three ghosts come out. I immediately begin shooting one and work on depleting his energy and getting him sucked into the car thinger. At about that point, the CPU players have run far away and into danger, usually one or two on the ground in a place I can't get to. Then one of the ghosts comes charging over to me almost immediately every time, shoots me with what appears to be fire, and I die instantly and it says "Mission Failed." I can't even take cover from it, the fire seems to pass through cars and trucks with no problems.

Sooooo... WTF? I thought your teammates could revive you? Can't I take at least two hits? Is this game for real? Is there any rhyme or reason to this or is it just some ghosts can kill you dead with no revive time?

And more importantly, is it like this for the rest of the game or is this just some crap level?

And yes, I'm playing on hard (I refuse to play games on normal, too boring) and everything to this point was cake.

ImpendIn_Agony
06-19-2009, 01:37 PM
The area you are taking about can be quite a pain and your first real challenge(especially on Profession difficulty) in the game. Make sure you upgrade your proton pack with the ability to dodge when using the stream this makes you faster and more agile when firing. Keep on the move at all times ,even when wrangling a ghost. Also make sure to revive your allies as quick as possible at all times even if you have to let go of a ghost.

Ekasra
06-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Does going back and getting all the ghosts in mission select work? If so, do we have to wait for a save for it to register?

TLOR FETT
06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Does going back and getting all the ghosts in mission select work? If so, do we have to wait for a save for it to register?

You can go back, I am pretty sure it auto saves like the fountains and artifacts I am finishing up scans now.

I have a question where is best spot to get 100% scans on Crusto?

Ekasra
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM
You can go back, I am pretty sure it auto saves like the fountains and artifacts I am finishing up scans now.

I have a question where is best spot to get 100% scans on Crusto?

Fountains are confirmed not to be auto saved. Tried it myself, didn't work. That's why I'm asking about the ghosts.

ImpendIn_Agony
06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
The best place for the scans you need is in the library chapter "Sorted Out".

ImpendIn_Agony
06-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Fountains are confirmed not to be auto saved. Tried it myself, didn't work. That's why I'm asking about the ghosts. You should always just go on to the checkpoint just in case. I missed two and did that to the first one i missed like that, just to be on the safe side.

GonzoPoopsmith
06-22-2009, 06:57 PM
You should always just go on to the checkpoint just in case. I missed two and did that to the first one i missed like that, just to be on the safe side.

The ghost scans auto save. If you die, you don't need to rescan. :-)

xXJAILOFFICERXx
06-23-2009, 01:07 AM
So to clarify, you can load a chapter and drink from a fountain...then quit out and go for the next. Or you have to drink from it and then go on to an auto save first?

ImpendIn_Agony
06-23-2009, 01:29 AM
No you have to go to the next chapter for drinking fountains, they will not auto save.

ddrlenz
06-23-2009, 04:07 AM
How do I change costumes in Multiplayer after I've unlocked new ones? I know it does it automatically, but what if I want to swap to an older one?

xXJAILOFFICERXx
06-23-2009, 04:11 AM
No you have to go to the next chapter for drinking fountains, they will not auto save.

Well I appreciated your help, but I can confirm you don't have to beat the chapter just get to an autosave. Atleast, it worked for me. Thanks again!

ImpendIn_Agony
06-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Well I appreciated your help, but I can confirm you don't have to beat the chapter just get to an autosave. Atleast, it worked for me. Thanks again!
What do think we were talking about the whole time? That is exactly what we were telling you to do. Sorry if there was some miscommunication. When you said auto-save I assumed you meant grab it and quit out immediately.

Midnight Malice
06-23-2009, 12:47 PM
For Ghost Scans and Artifacts you can quit out immediately after you grab it. I finished up the last of what I needed yeaterday and unlocked everything no problem. For Water Fountians, I'm almost positive you have to at least get to another checkpoint. I was jumping around a lot, I know I hit all the waterfountians, but did not get the achievement at the end, cause I know I quit out before getting to the next checkpoint.

For changing your uniform online, sadly, you cannot. It is a sign of rank, and can't be changed.

For the scans, even a part scan will show up in Tobin's, if it has all info filled out, then it is a complete scan. As far as having 7/10 on a level, but having all 10 scanned for that level. If you happen to scan a ghost in a future level that you should have scanned earlier, it seems to not show up in the past level count. I don't think this affects the achievement, but it will hurt when trying to see what level you need to go to to scan a certian ghost. The reverse is not true however, if you scan a ghost early that counts for a future level, it will count the correct way.