No link to x360a in forum

razzleson

This has been bugging me for a while now, why isn't there a link on the navbar that directs us back to the main page (x360a)?

I hate having to go to the address bar and deleting /forum/ just to see what's new.

The giant power button would make a great link, so would teh eject button on teh nav.

EDIT: I just noticed there's a link at the VERY bottom of the page, but there should really be one in the nav.

There's a link that takes you back to the main page in the bottom bar of every forum page.

Just go on the bottom right-hand side of the screen. There should be a http://www.xbox360achievements.org/ link.

I applaud you both for trying to help, but if you would have read my initial post you would have seen that I knew that.

EDIT: I just noticed there's a link at the VERY bottom of the page, but there should really be one in the nav.

This isn't just a feature I want because I'm too lazy to scroll down, I was thinking of others also. Some people might have JUST the forum bookmarked, and not the main site. A link on the top of the screen would make a lot of sense for those who want to see the main site.

Or what about someone who Googles for a game guide and they end up in the forum. Without them having any knowledge of scrolling to the bottom to find the link, they might not be able to find the main site with it's plethora of guides and news.

Just an idea to make the site more user friendly.

Or what about someone who Googles for a game guide and they end up in the forum. Without them having any knowledge of scrolling to the bottom to find the link, they might not be able to find the main site with it's plethora of guides and news.

Just an idea to make the site more user friendly.

Exactly. I agree 100% Razzleson (and from Routine's response it sounds like it will happen soon). I found this site through a search, and I didn't know the main site existed until a couple of weeks ago. :p

Please don't Use the Giant Banner at the top of the screen. I don't know about others, but that's what I use to get back to the main page of the forums.. :)

It should be the main banner on the page. If you want to go to main forum page there is a link right under the banner that you can go back to any of the folders you've clicked down through. It's actually impossible (if you're browser window is maxed) to have the banner clickable and not have the link to the exact same place on the screen at the same time because the banner is only 130 pixels high and the shortest you can make your screen is 480.

The link at the bottom meanwhile is practically hidden, particularly if you are on the main page. We have dozens of forums and it's ridiculous that you'd have to scroll down to the bottom and search for a link to what is supposed to be the MAIN page. It's poor design. What it does is make the forums and the main page seem like two entirely different entities and I doubt that's the intent.

I've made this complaint elsewhere though, so I already know everyone's aware of it.