PDA

View Full Version : To put it Simply, Is this a Decent Game?

CunningFox
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I watched the movie today and I thought it was so damn good.

Can anyone who managed to get this game early recommend it because if so I'll probably preorder it.

silentb0b
06-19-2009, 09:48 PM
its a rental.

Veteran
06-19-2009, 11:38 PM
The game's crap IMO, the first one was better and the first one wasn't good either.

goothgone
06-20-2009, 12:12 AM
its average....

ONI5
06-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Average game. It has it's ups and downs. I don't like the sectioned off areas though.

E++
06-20-2009, 10:32 AM
It's just plain bad if you ask me. The controls are horrible and the camera spazzes around. Definitely not worth the purchase, perhaps a rental, if you're dead set on the achieves.

CunningFox
06-20-2009, 11:01 AM
It's just plain bad if you ask me. The controls are horrible and the camera spazzes around. Definitely not worth the purchase, perhaps a rental, if you're dead set on the achieves.

But i never rent games....
I'm good at getting new games in sales and trading them in a week later for a profit.

As long as it's at least worth a rental then that's fine.

Kai Freefall
06-20-2009, 11:03 AM
anyone comment on the mulitplayer??? Or a list full list of the default playable characters and any unlockables ;)

CunningFox
06-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Playable characters include:
AUTOBOTS:
Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Breakaway
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Aerialbot (Multiplayer-exclusive)
Protectobot (Multiplayer-exclusive)
DECEPTICONS:
Starscream
Sideways
Grindor
Long Haul
Megatron
Seeker (Multiplayer-exclusive)

Well, Sideways is the Audi R8 and that's good enough for me!

W. Samuel Jones III
06-20-2009, 05:10 PM
anyone comment on the mulitplayer??? Or a list full list of the default playable characters and any unlockables ;)

I have played a few mp matches and my comments follow:

No lag...
Nice graphics...
If you are G1 Transformers fan you will enjoy the game.

Much better than the first Movie to Video installment.

CunningFox
06-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Great news then, I've already preordered the game anyway and I'll see you on the MP on Thursday!

Kai Freefall
06-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Playable characters include:
AUTOBOTS:
Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Breakaway
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Aerialbot (Multiplayer-exclusive)
Protectobot (Multiplayer-exclusive)
DECEPTICONS:
Starscream
Sideways
Grindor
Long Haul
Megatron
Seeker (Multiplayer-exclusive)

Well, Sideways is the Audi R8 and that's good enough for me!

Only problem with that list is there is only 13 transformers (and im not sure if breakaway and the aerialbot are separate characters), and one of the achievements says win a game as the 15 default, so, who are the other 2????

Hoping there are some unlockable multi characters though, otherwise we will have to wait for some DLC.

EDIT: just saw nemesis primes list in the achievement discussion thread total comes to like 15-16 so that clears that up, was hoping for some more constructicons in multi or even the fallen, oh well, heres hoping for DLC :P

The Unprettier
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Who the hell are breakaway and Grindor?

Spawnus
06-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Breakaway is a Autobot that transforms into a Jet, he was a Toy which seems to have been made into charactor for the game.

Grindor is the RotF verison of Blackout, the one Prime fights in the movie.

ScuzzyBunny FTN
06-23-2009, 11:52 PM
One great part of this game, that NO OTHER GAME has done to date, is the inclusion of FULL episodes of the G1 cartoon as unlockable bonus content...there are 6 episodes total, 3 for Autobots, 3 for Decepticons. The episodes are
1."S.O.S. Dinobots"
2."War of The Dinobots"
3."Fire in the Sky"
4."The Ultimate Doom Part I: Brainwash"
5."The Ultimate Doom Part II: Search"
6."The Ultimate Doom Part III: Revival"

mellowknight
06-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I just rented this game and finished the Decepticon campaign on my "guest" profile. I thought it was decent and I'm about to start my achievement hunt (Offline Achievements only) on my gamertag.

SNAKEBEAVER
06-25-2009, 01:46 AM
I like it better than the first, do not buy, just rent. I like the jump ability and you actually get to use your guns on this one.

SCA KAZUMA
06-25-2009, 07:40 PM
I have to disagree with most responses in one way: If you are a fan of the Transformers franchise and/or a fan of G1, then this game is a buy. It's a good game, and it's got enough to keep you busy for more than the time a rental will take up. It's much better than the first one, and being able to upgrade your abilities and whatnot is a nice touch. However, I would wait until the price drops. If you want the achievement for the 1k on leaderboards, rent it for that. When the price drops, it's a no-questions buy.
P.S. I also like how they started to put MP in movie games. Disney-Pixar's Up and this game could be the start of a lengthened replay factor in movie games.

UCB Disco
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
It really is a fun game, and definitely better than the last one. However, the campaign is a bit boring, especially since it's so linear.

The multiplayer, though, is fantastic! I didn't think it was going to be that fun, but it's by far the only replayable, rewarding factor about the game. If you are a Transformers fan in general, you'll love this game. If you are just a gamer interested in playing this, I would wait until it's either cheaper or just rent it.

CunningFox
06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
It really is a fun game, and definitely better than the last one. However, the campaign is a bit boring, especially since it's so linear.

The multiplayer, though, is fantastic! I didn't think it was going to be that fun, but it's by far the only replayable, rewarding factor about the game. If you are a Transformers fan in general, you'll love this game. If you are just a gamer interested in playing this, I would wait until it's either cheaper or just rent it.

I have the game now and I completely agree with that!

I can't believe half the people in this thread said it wasn't good.

CutmanMike
06-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I think it's great. Better than the movie by far, simply because skids and mudflap aren't in it and it isn't focused on childish humour.

Multiplayer also kicks ass

Edit: Crap apparently they ARE in it. At least they aren't playable.

SCA KAZUMA
07-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Edit: Crap apparently they ARE in it. At least they aren't playable.

Really? Where? I don't remember seeing them.

CutmanMike
07-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Nevermind, they aren't Thank God. I got the info from wikipedia, so yeah :p

T9XKR3W
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
What? The twins were like the best part of the movie. At first I thought I would hate them because they were bright dumb looking cars but they were hecka funny!

Spawnus
07-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I have the game now and I completely agree with that!

I can't believe half the people in this thread said it wasn't good.

You sir speak the truth

Epilogue of Euphoria
07-04-2009, 12:57 AM
In ways it's better and in ways it's not. The missions are rather boring after a while, but controlling the characters and moving around the environment are much fun. If it had be done in an exciting way, had more enemy types, and maybe a combo system it would have been pretty darn good. The small things hold it back big time.

ODD 1 0UT
07-06-2009, 12:36 AM
It a good game, but with one problem. They whole thing with having to hold down RT to stay in vehicle form is very annoying. Thats the only thing the first game has on this one.

CunningFox
07-06-2009, 07:42 AM
It a good game, but with one problem. They whole thing with having to hold down RT to stay in vehicle form is very annoying. Thats the only thing the first game has on this one.

But then RT wouls still be to accelerate and there isn't much point being in vehicle form if you are not accelerating.

T9XKR3W
07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
yeah i really do not understand what peoples problem with the whole RT thing. It takes like 5 seconds to get used to and it makes you way more mobile. In the first game you couldn't jump off a building as a robot and then transform into a car and drive. No you had to land and then you could transform:mad: