PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems

james5894
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I do not post much.

I have had xbox live for about 1 year and 2 months now. I have been experiencing connection problems since about 4-5 months ago. I have no idea whats causing it, I have looked for solutions on the internet and cant find any.

It is not non-stop. Some days its incredibly bad and some days there is nothing wrong with it. The last 3 days it has been unplayble as when i start a match on any online game it kicks me out within 5 minutes, it also kicks me out of my party.

I was just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same problems and if so, are there any solutions?

Regards, James5894

ViRaLuNdEaD
06-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Need more info:

1. Wireless?
2. ISP?
3. Configuration (router, other devices sharing the connection, etc.)

james5894
06-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Need more info:

1. Wireless?
2. ISP?
3. Configuration (router, other devices sharing the connection, etc.)

1. Yea its wireless, my xbox is in the room above the router.
2. The ISP is AOL.
3. I have the laptop which is usually on which shares the connection and i have a main computer which is sometimes turned on but not usually, this also shares the connection.

Sorry if that doesn't help, not very good with all the technical stuff. :)

Thanks.

Frostylongcat
06-19-2009, 10:32 PM
4chan in raidin yo internets. Run and hide.

Pure Efficiency
06-19-2009, 11:02 PM
2. The ISP is AOL.
3. I have the laptop which is usually on which shares the connection and i have a main computer which is sometimes turned on but not usually, this also shares the connection.

Thanks.
AOL? *Shudders* I feel sorry for you man.

Ligerblaze
06-19-2009, 11:13 PM
I tried wireless for a while which my xbox didnt like. Try using wires for a day or two and see if it makes a difference?

ViRaLuNdEaD
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
2. The ISP is AOL.

Thanks.

It could just be that you are getting a really bad signal from the router. I'd also suggest trying a hard connection for a while and see if that changes anything. Another thing you might want to try is configuring your router for port forwarding for your XBox. It could be that it's partially blocked or not getting full bandwidth. Find out what type of router you have and go to the manufacturer's website and see if it supports port forwarding. The site will also tell you how to access the router's config so you can do what needs to be done.

Other suggestions would be to turn off all of the other equipment that is sharing the connection, especially the printer (which are notorious for sending constant traffic).

Good luck!