PDA

View Full Version : NTSC----> PAL? possible issues?

BurnYourEyes44
06-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Ok so i just purchased a copy of US Ghostbusters from play-asia.com so i can play it in the UK 4 months before release due to them nasty nasty people at sony....

1) will i be able to play with uk people when they get it?

2) what about any updates? do i or don't i get?

3) DLC? whats the deal because obviously its a NTSC disk?

any answers would be much appriciated

Crimson Ridley
06-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Well I bought Guitar Hero: Metallica a month before the UK release, from Canada, so I had an NTSC copy like you.

And if Ghostbusters is like GH: M (In terms of how it'll work, not how it'll play), which it no doubt should be, then the answers would be;

1) Yes
2) Yes, I recieved an update when I first put my NTSC copy into my PAL console
3) Yes. My DLC for GH: M was downloaded on a PAL console for a UK account, and the content plays on my NTSC copy of the game.

EDIT: One question though, did you make sure that the game will play on your console? Some NTSC games are region locked and will not work on a PAL/NTSC-J console.

Unless of course, you are using a NTSC console to play the game anyway.

Iregore
06-19-2009, 11:30 PM
nasty nasty people at sony....

Um... Sony? Are you talking about the PS3 release of the game by some chance? If so this doesn't belong in the General Xbox 360 section and you are likely to get lots of responses referring to the 360 version which will be of little help.

1. Usually the online works across regions in most games, on both 360 and PS3, so this should also be the case here. (I don't know any games that don't, but I guess it is possible).
2. As long as the game runs, you will get the game updates. I believe all PS3 games are meant to be region free, but not all 360 games are, so check this first.
3. I assume it would work whether you are asking for PS3 or 360, after all, being able to play the game from another region but not be able to get the DLC would be a huge kick in the nuts.

Shelton
06-20-2009, 02:07 AM
1. Usually the online works across regions in most games, on both 360 and PS3, so this should also be the case here. (I don't know any games that don't, but I guess it is possible).
Army of Two springs to mind. Online is region locked.
2. As long as the game runs, you will get the game updates. I believe all PS3 games are meant to be region free, but not all 360 games are, so check this first.
Correct. It's not like the update is installing onto the disk... There is no issue.
3. I assume it would work whether you are asking for PS3 or 360, after all, being able to play the game from another region but not be able to get the DLC would be a huge kick in the nuts. Yes, again, it works. The update installs on your HDD. Has little to do with the disk, other than recognising what game it is.

Sorry for the crazy red. My mistake.:p I have a few NTSC games, and everything is fine.

Veteran
06-20-2009, 02:13 AM
It's region free, end of. (Your copy from NTSC-J, NTSC-U and PAL territories will all be identical.) No need to have any fears.

BurnYourEyes44
06-20-2009, 06:54 AM
Cool, thanks for the good replies guys. I have full confidence now!

HMFC_Riley
06-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Um... Sony? Are you talking about the PS3 release of the game by some chance? If so this doesn't belong in the General Xbox 360 section and you are likely to get lots of responses referring to the 360 version which will be of little help.

He is talking about the 360 version. UK isn't getting the game for another 4 months on the 360 because Sony bought exclusitivity for a few months in Europe.

radar616
06-20-2009, 04:31 PM
He is talking about the 360 version. UK isn't getting the game for another 4 months on the 360 because Sony bought exclusitivity for a few months in Europe.

Actually sony own the rights to the Ghostbusters name. I guess we have to wait like the ps3 owners did when MS bought exclusive rights for others games.