PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused

Gariom
06-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Ok, so the new Jasper 360's have 12.1 A (I think it's supposed to be in amps anyway) and the old Zephyr models have 16.5 A (again, I'm unsure). I recently got my Xbox back from being "repaired" but they just sent me a different one.

On the serial number it says "16.5 A/12.1V", or something like that. There is a reason for it to be Zephyr because it says 16.5 A, but there's also two reasons for it be a Jasper/Falcon. I'm using my Faclon 175W power brick with it, I don't think you can use those with the old Xbox's. Also, when I turn it on it's extremely quiet, like my friend's Red Elite. When I had my old Falcon model it was nowhere near this quiet.

So please help me solve this problem and I'm very sorry if this post was difficult to follow.

CyanideBreathMint
06-19-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry, what exactly is your question? There's a lot of writing in circles up there.

kaleido42
06-20-2009, 12:27 AM
No idea, try calling customer support and asking. Shouldn't they have a record of that somewhere?

Jethrow
06-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Ok, so the new Jasper 360's have 12.1 A (I think it's supposed to be in amps anyway) and the old Zephyr models have 16.5 A (again, I'm unsure). I recently got my Xbox back from being "repaired" but they just sent me a different one.

On the serial number it says "16.5 A/12.1V", or something like that. There is a reason for it to be Zephyr because it says 16.5 A, but there's also two reasons for it be a Jasper/Falcon. I'm using my Faclon 175W power brick with it, I don't think you can use those with the old Xbox's. Also, when I turn it on it's extremely quiet, like my friend's Red Elite. When I had my old Falcon model it was nowhere near this quiet.

So please help me solve this problem and I'm very sorry if this post was difficult to follow.

do you still have the box it came in? if so read the label and see if it says xenon or not, appearently if it is xenon its the same old type of xbox. I just had mine returned as well and even though it looked brand new and i though maybe i got a new gen 360, i didn't. :(

jukkakhan
06-20-2009, 06:55 AM
See this article to identify it:

http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2

As far as the power brick goes, you should be able to use the older bricks on the newer models (Zephyr power brick on a Jasper console) but not the other way around.

pwjuggalo
06-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Ok man I hope I have understood the question correctly and if so here goes. First off their is no way you are sending in a Xenon for repair and sending you back a Jasper, that just isn't the way MS does business. Second off what do you mean in the serial number use the web page that jukkakhan provided and locate the 12V-xx,xA;5v-1A. Also it is only the Jasper power bricks that won't connect to anything else due to a piece of plastic down the center that the old models dont have. But you can cut the plastic out of the way and use the smaller less power cosuming block on your old models just in case people were wondering.