PDA

View Full Version : help

Darkmech360
06-19-2009, 11:45 PM
i just got a new xbox 4 months ago and it freeze all the time on some games like fallout 3,fable 2, and left 4 dead can anybody tell me whats wrong and how to fix the problem

CyanideBreathMint
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
If it's only those games, it could be simply that; those games might have scratches on them that need fixing.

Try some other game discs and see if those work fine. If they too are acting up by freezing your entire console, that's an indicator of an upcoming RRoD (red ring of death). You could try clearing your cache too as well to see if that fixes any issues.

Clearing your cache off uToob:

YouTube - How to Xbox 360 Clear Cache After Newest Update (Newer Than NXE) - Xbox Time

kaleido42
06-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Now my question before I can answer. Has it started suddenly for what appears to be without reason? Does it happen approximately at the same amount of time after you turned it on? Is it increasing in frequency even if just by little bits at a time? Is it increasing in how quickly its happening even if just by little bits at a time? If you can answer those for me I may be able to answer your question.

EDIT: *GASP* You beat me, oh well. Pretty much what he said. If it is yes to the majority of what I posted above it has a high chance of getting ring of death. Weird though if it is considering you have not had your xbox very long.

Darkmech360
06-20-2009, 02:00 AM
well fable 2 freezes two mins after i load a game even after i made a new game,left 4 dead freezes random but always happens when i play it and fallout 3 happens random and rarely

Ligerblaze
06-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Are these the only games you tried? Are they all new, pre-owned, or?

Darkmech360
06-20-2009, 03:48 AM
all the games were brand new i even returned the xbox and the other new one that they gave still did it

Ligerblaze
06-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Did they replace all of your cords as well?

pwjuggalo
06-20-2009, 02:56 PM
It is possible that it is the discs, even though they are new. I had 2 copies in a row of NFS: Carbon that was crap, went to a different Wal-Mart and that copy worked fine. So if you have had the same problem with to diffenerent boxes I would say it is time to look into the one constant, the discs.