PDA

View Full Version : Freezing up... What's going on?

staticz
06-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Recently I acquired a free 360 because it was freezing. Well I didn't think much about it and figured I'd just send it off to MS and be done with it. However the warranty has expired and now I would like to just fix it on my own or trash it.

However I am sort of lost. The 360 just freezes, no red lights, no squares all over the screen, and no weird noises. Sometimes it happen as soon as I turn it on, others about 5 minutes in.

I read through the 360 calling for help thread but didn't see anything similar to what I am describing. Does anyone have experience with this? Could you point me in the right direction.

Ligerblaze
06-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Well since you got it for free i suppose you wouldnt worry too much about having to crack it open and fiddle around with it. A friend of mine had that problem but just sent it in with the warranty.

Try checking wikipedia... google... youtube for some ways to fix it maybe?

Sounds like something just might not be connected proporly inside the box.

(Also, dont trash it. Some people on eBay buy broken xbox'x for a penny or two, and ive also heard of GameStop buying them.)

Veteran
06-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Sounds like RRoD's coming.

If you want to ACTUALLY fix then you'll need to perform the "HYBRID X-CLAMP" fix. Not an "X-CLAMP" fix, they don't work.

Osiris11235
06-21-2009, 01:51 PM
If the freezing happens only in the main menus/when the XBOX guide pops up, that's not uncommon (especially after all the "improvements" MS has been doing in the background for LIVE)