PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Lag

hopesfall2win
06-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Yo has anyone else been getting this bullshit lag on your dashboard lately? I try accepting or sending invites and the f'ing dashboard just sits there and locks up for a minute. Even trying to join parties it'll lag like a bitch.

Simply SWITCHING TABS there is lag, i mean what the fuck? I can't go from the friends tab to the party tab without it freezing, and sometimes kicking me from the party or sometimes even game lobbies. :mad:

I know most of my friends have started noticing this bullshit more and more lately, any of you experience this and has anyone heard anything on patches? :mad::mad:

/rant

bapae
06-20-2009, 02:42 AM
yea i have also been having this problem. Seems like it only happens while in CoD and GoW2 matches.

Gumby™
06-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Yeah, since the NXE was installed, the guide is always really laggy for me. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to just pop open the guide and send someone an invite.

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
06-20-2009, 07:57 AM
For me all the dashboard/friends list lag was (mostly) fixed after scheduled maintenance. Although idk if the maintenance was aimed for that, it just seems like it for me.

Rowey 94
06-20-2009, 08:08 AM
This Is Freakin Annoying.
Sometimes This Freeze's My Xbox Completely :(

Behelit Outlaw
06-20-2009, 08:14 AM
I had no problem at all , mine was fluid but sinds that pointless maintenance a few days ago

PwcrLinux
06-20-2009, 08:16 AM
My xbox arcade jasper version, the NXE looks good, doesn't lag much. it's only take 1 sec lag.

J0shUK
06-20-2009, 08:16 AM
yea i have also been having this problem. Seems like it only happens while in CoD and GoW2 matches.

Hmmm thats odd. I have experienced no problems, and I've been playing COD4+5 and GoW2 :/

LoveAGramm
06-20-2009, 08:19 AM
It happens everytime I play at my friends house but not at mine.

bapae
06-20-2009, 08:36 AM
It happens everytime I play at my friends house but not at mine.

Maybe your friend's xbox is into men? Lmfao Maybe it has to do with the model of xbox being used and the hardware they have inside?

(P.S. home come when i type lmfao in the browser suggests loofma is that even a word?)

L Demonic I
06-20-2009, 08:42 AM
This Is Freakin Annoying.
Sometimes This Freeze's My Xbox Completely :(
That happens to me quite often. Whenever i play online and when i click my guide it freezes WTF:p

RagingClue
06-20-2009, 08:46 AM
itd slow to join parties and sometimes it fails to connects. and when im playing gears it sometimes freezes.

SKIBADABOMSKI
06-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Yep it's always been like that for me. I always wondered why people can leave private chat and join others and be back in say 30 seconds.
If i leave chat it's a 2 min process to get back in again. Sending a message whilst in the middle of multi-player? i always thought how do they find the time.
If i send a message whilst playing gears i may as well quit the game. Not that it makes a difference when i spawn without guns and shit. I play so bad sometimes i wouldn't be surprised if the gears of war team came knocking on my door and walked right into my room and switch of my xbox and take out the gears disk and slap me in the face for playing so shit.

Ingles
06-20-2009, 09:45 AM
This has also been occurring to me more and more. I've found myself using Xbox.com for more things like sending out friends requests, keeping track of all my messages and more... The dashboard isn't very fluid in the first place. There's too much lag going back and forth I think or at least it just seems that way.

Pond cat
06-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I get it frequently on my friends list. Im just flicking though my friends and then it will just freeze on one of them for ages, I can't do anything. I ahave to wait like 5mins :mad:

Ligerblaze
06-20-2009, 12:10 PM
I havent had any problems with mine, before and after the update everything has been the same.

Xterm1n8or
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Mine's been like this ever since the NXE was released. Locks up everytime I press the guide button. So annoying, want the old dashboard back.

pwjuggalo
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Mine has been like this for a while as well. Something I don't understand is why my whole Xbox runs like a kid with down syndrome ever since the NXE. I mean when I turn on my Xbox and wanna go straight to an Arcade game I have to wait forever while it loads my games. I hope it gets fixed soon other wise I might just go mad.

Lucent Beam
06-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Mine does this constantly and it drives me crazy.

luckyluke02
06-20-2009, 10:36 PM
me and my mates get this and are all wanting the old dashboard back but it seems to be a bit quicker (not much but noticeable) if you delete all messages that are stored and delete cache memory

roy1751
06-21-2009, 02:13 AM
I don't have the problem that bad, but the guide was supposed to be quicker with the NXE and it's still too slow. From other threads on the subject people were saying that it's related to how much DLC you have downloaded due to DRM database bloat.

Veteran
06-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Yup it's fucking terrible here, I use xbox.com for sending text messages, reading text messages, accepting/denying friend requests. Sucks you have to accept invites/party invites on the 360. :p

@above, yes that might be true. When NXE first came out I had virtually no DLC or XBLA titles and the lag wasn't really there. Now I have around 40 XBLA games and a bit of DLC the lag's unbearable. Not sure if that's just a placebo effect though.

hopesfall2win
06-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Some people are saying to delete messages..that doesn't do anything, i almost always delete them as soon as i read them so i never have any backup, and its still terrible lag. When NXE was new it was fine, it was just as quick as the old dashboard but jesus, the last month or two has been pathetic.

Why the fuck isn't there AN OPTION to switch to the old blade system..i mean fuck it can't be that hard to program..IT'S ALREADY THERE.

SiR x VeiRoN x
06-21-2009, 02:51 AM
Yo has anyone else been getting this bullshit lag on your dashboard lately? I try accepting or sending invites and the f'ing dashboard just sits there and locks up for a minute. Even trying to join parties it'll lag like a bitch.

Simply SWITCHING TABS there is lag, i mean what the fuck? I can't go from the friends tab to the party tab without it freezing, and sometimes kicking me from the party or sometimes even game lobbies. :mad:

I know most of my friends have started noticing this bullshit more and more lately, any of you experience this and has anyone heard anything on patches? :mad::mad:

/rant

Lately I'm Having the same problem,it takes me ages to send a message or join a party lol

jason86586
06-21-2009, 03:10 AM
yeh sometimes when i try to join a party it will just freeze for like half a minute before joining

TheVoidRose
06-21-2009, 08:16 AM
I thought it was just me, this has been happening since the NXE came out. Also, watching the Insider is a thing of the past.. it takes ages to load up.

Osiris11235
06-21-2009, 01:43 PM
I do get some general lag from time to time (but not always). However, the marketplace consistently lags for me, especially when displaying available content for a title, such as gamerpics.

SC Defective
06-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I get an assload of lag EVERY SINGLE TIME I do anything at all with the dashboard or marketplace.
It's a complete pain in the balls.

I wish they would do something about this.

GrUnTxSKaTeR
06-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, since the NXE was installed, the guide is always really laggy for me. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to just pop open the guide and send someone an invite.
Yeah, same here. I wish they put it back so that when a friend signs in you can hit the guide and you'll be on their page. It takes so much longer after waiting for the guide to pop up, and then waiting for my friends list to load. :(

TheVoidRose
06-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah, same here. I wish they put it back so that when a friend signs in you can hit the guide and you'll be on their page. It takes so much longer after waiting for the guide to pop up, and then waiting for my friends list to load. :(

I think they took it off because: When your friend signed in and you wanted to look at your message/achievements you went to your friends profile instead... Happened to me tons of times.

T0b3
06-21-2009, 10:44 PM
All issues regarding the Guide and the dashboard itself will be fixed in the next big update, coming this Fall.

PwcrLinux
06-22-2009, 12:05 AM
All issues regarding the Guide and the dashboard itself will be fixed in the next big update, coming this Fall.

Yea, they'll add new feature to xbox 360 dashboard;

Facebook and twitter. I guess might more features in this fall..

colt415
06-22-2009, 12:10 AM
i always get lag when i log in and when im at the marketplace

hopesfall2win
06-22-2009, 12:14 AM

1) How do you know this for fact?

2) What the fuck is the purpose of waiting until scheduled fall updates to address something that should be patched when it's clear many are frustrated with it? ;

It wouldn't be hard or take long to program an option to revert back to the old dashboard, its not like they erased the files from their systems. And if its an optimization thing to make run smoother, why wait 6 months for something so simple? :mad:

roy1751
06-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Just came across this on Neogaf

Microsoft has heard the cries of Xbox 360 owners worldwide. No, this isn’t about all the RROD issues or any of the other system malfunctions. Instead, it’s something even more irritating and it’ll finally be fixed. During the latest Major Nelson podcast, Major Nelson reveals some new tidbits of information for us.

During the podcast, Major Nelson and co-host e state that they have heard the cries of 360 owners about the slow 360 guide. Microsoft is currently working on speeding the guide up and it’ll make our guide surfing days a whole lot faster.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m6d22-Xbox-360-guide-to-get-a-speed-boost

rocadepunk
06-22-2009, 12:07 PM
The dashboard lag is extremely annoying and especially when it just hangs forever. I cant wait until this is fixed because I never had a problem with the old dash.

hopesfall2win
06-22-2009, 04:01 PM

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m6d22-Xbox-360-guide-to-get-a-speed-boost

All me! I accept paypal and cash :p

vI-Youneek-Iv
06-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I am having no problems with the new dashboard, it's been smooth sailing no lag on the dashboard.

BlamelessSoul
06-22-2009, 04:14 PM
I have been getting this as of late too, problems with caht and when i look at people's profiles it says they have 0 gamerscore logging out and back in usually helps

InkedUp
06-23-2009, 01:45 PM

That's great, but I just don't understand why its gonna take a year from the release of NXE to fix this. I thought the whole point of the NXE was that they could fix things on the fly. Why do we have to wait through this dashboard lag until the fall, fix it now.

DTwirler
06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Happens to me every day. I just try to accept it & try to remember not to access the miniblades thingy during a game.