PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Profile on a flash drive

Mancerelectro
06-20-2009, 07:07 AM
I wanted to take my gamer profile, and hopefully one of my arcade games, to a friend's house. I figured it would be the easy way, since I would rather not lose out on possible achievement points. :P

Anyway, went to the store and they didn't have one of the memory cards. An associate suggested I buy a flash drive and use that. He didn't give me any sort of instruction on how to do it, though. Plug in the flash drive, start up the console, and it doesn't recognize anything there. It does under the music and video options, but not anywhere else. So I'm wondering, was I duped? The guy showed me his flash drive which he claimed to have his gamer profile on. I just wanna see if anyone knows a way to do this before I take this back and just order a regular card off the internet.

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
06-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Yeahhhh that definently doesn't work... You got juped. Just take it back and order one off of eBay or Amazon and you could probably find some pretty cheap used ones. Good luck!

PwcrLinux
06-20-2009, 07:47 AM
I wanted to take my gamer profile, and hopefully one of my arcade games, to a friend's house. I figured it would be the easy way, since I would rather not lose out on possible achievement points. :P

Anyway, went to the store and they didn't have one of the memory cards. An associate suggested I buy a flash drive and use that. He didn't give me any sort of instruction on how to do it, though. Plug in the flash drive, start up the console, and it doesn't recognize anything there. It does under the music and video options, but not anywhere else. So I'm wondering, was I duped? The guy showed me his flash drive which he claimed to have his gamer profile on. I just wanna see if anyone knows a way to do this before I take this back and just order a regular card off the internet.

flashdrives doesn't work on consoles. You can find at GameStop or EBGame store for cheap used 256 MB memory card for $19.99.

LoveAGramm
06-20-2009, 07:51 AM
The 512 mb is aweomse. Its the one use and I steal DLC from riend's xboxes all the time. :-P

bapae
06-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Well someone got ripped off :( What you should have done was not buy it ask us then if it worked go and buy it!

Also thanks to whoever posted about the 256 memory units being $20 used at gamestop Ive been trying to find them cheap wonder why i didn't look at gamestop yet well I'm stupid that's probably why.

Rowey 94
06-20-2009, 08:41 AM
You Can Only Hold Pictures & Music On A Memory Stick
Unlucky Mate.

You Got Hustled
:p

xXChiddyXx
06-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I always check on the internet to see if things like that work, unlucky see if you can get your money back

bapae
06-20-2009, 08:48 AM
I always check on the internet to see if things like that work, unlucky see if you can get your money back If i was you id go in there get my money back and kick that man right in the junk for that.

Iregore
06-20-2009, 10:04 AM
You Can Only Hold Pictures & Music On A Memory Stick

and Videos.

Cheezbrgr
06-20-2009, 10:18 AM
You have to use an xSata kit (but don't, because that's what gamesavers do), have a modded xbox to allow the use of USB devices, or have an official memory unit. Better yet, just take your HDD!

bapae
06-20-2009, 10:33 AM
You have to use an xSata kit (but don't, because that's what gamesavers do), have a modded xbox to allow the use of USB devices, or have an official memory unit. Better yet, just take your HDD! Just because gamesavers use them doesn't mean he cant to take his profile places. But there ARE better choices like... Recover profile, Take HDD, or go get that memory unit you wanted to get.

J0shUK
06-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Why did you not just recover your profile over live when you were at his house? Would save money. Unless he does not have internet access that is.

Mancerelectro
06-20-2009, 01:21 PM
So, are there any negative effects to recover profile? Does it keep it on my 360, or does it remove it next time i log in and I have to recover on my home unit again?

Part of the reason I wanted to carry it on a memory card is because I want them to be able to use theirs still too. Otherwise I would just take the hdd. Actually, I'd just take the entire unit, it would be easier.

Oh and thanks for helping me out there. I decided I am not going to take it back, I only paid 14 bucks for a 4gig, so I can do other things with it. Like music and videos and such.

pwjuggalo
06-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mancerelectro
So, are there any negative effects to recover profile? Does it keep it on my 360, or does it remove it next time i log in and I have to recover on my home unit again?
Recovering it at your friends house will cause you to have to recover it on your home system. And that gets old real quick the bigger you gamerscore gets, as well as you only have the saved game on their profile. With the memory card you can switch you profile arcade games and saved games back and forth with no problem over and over again.