PDA

View Full Version : How do you.....

Judivarious
06-20-2009, 03:46 PM
do the Flaming Angels part of the Cemetary on Professional?

I've tried about 21 times now, and everytime, I die, either due to bumrushing ghosts, or ray's failure to "revive" me.

Not only that, I can't seem to hit the gate worth of crap....

Also, can I hit any part of the gate, or do I need to hit the stone slab above it?

illuzion313
06-20-2009, 03:52 PM
u will want to slam as many stone angels on the slab above the wall as soon as they spawn. and then worry about the grave monster things on the ground, and ALWAYS stand right near ray,so when u do get downed hes right there and then focus back on the rest of the stone angels.

Judivarious
06-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Please god, tell me there is a checkpoint INSTANTLY after you break the gate open.....?

neok182
06-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Please god, tell me there is a checkpoint INSTANTLY after you break the gate open.....?

basically theres is. you have to walk a bit and do a little cutscene and then theres a check point. And yes this is the most evil section in the game. you have about a half an hour left after this lol.

AMikeA
06-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I am at the same part right now and got on here to figure this part out, guess the only thing really to do is keep trying....

OniZuka311
06-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Try using the slime tether instead of slamming them into it

neok182
06-20-2009, 07:38 PM
the silme tether is almost impossible on professional. the ONLY easy way to do this is slamming them. When they fly above (of which 3 of them constantly will hover above) just grab them with a capture stream and instantly slam them down.

OniZuka311
06-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I just beat this on professional with the slime tether. I didn't find it that hard at all. It took me 3 tries.

Rolyatkcinmai
06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I just beat this on professional with the slime tether. I didn't find it that hard at all. It took me 3 tries.

He's right, it's 100x easier with the slime tether.

Judivarious
06-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Okay, I FINALLY did it, and here is how I did it....

First, make sure you have a LOT of sleep, do not try this tired, because when you're tired, doing this 1000 times only makes you angry, with sleep, you're rested and your mind is at ease.

What I did, was stood in the middle running in a large oval from side to side, and using my capture stream on the angels, slamming them down. It takes 5 hits on professional difficulty just so you know.

When Winston says "Its almost there" or something, it means you have 3 successful hits on it.

Just keep running in an oval and revive ray when you need to. I did this without ray needing to revive me, but reviving him is important so you don't instantly fail if you do die.

hestar
06-21-2009, 03:01 AM
Okay, I FINALLY did it, and here is how I did it....

First, make sure you have a LOT of sleep, do not try this tired, because when you're tired, doing this 1000 times only makes you angry, with sleep, you're rested and your mind is at ease.

What I did, was stood in the middle running in a large oval from side to side, and using my capture stream on the angels, slamming them down. It takes 5 hits on professional difficulty just so you know.

When Winston says "Its almost there" or something, it means you have 3 successful hits on it.

Just keep running in an oval and revive ray when you need to. I did this without ray needing to revive me, but reviving him is important so you don't instantly fail if you do die.

huh whattttt??..Even with sleep I wanted to break this game earlier trying this :p.But I just said screw this,ran to the back gate and just moved left to right slime tethering the hell outta angels and somehow got it first try like that.Prolly luck,but i'll take it :drunk.

Dx2008Dx
06-21-2009, 05:16 AM
This is what i did and it work twice as better.

Load the Stone angle checkpoint beat that area on casual and then cont.... on and get to the final Boss stage and then quit out. Then Replay the checkpoint on the last boss(Final Fight when you fight a big Devil looking thing) Then Put it Back on Professional and just beat the Game and Boooom Achievements unlcoked for Completing Story on Professional and Casaul/Exp....

Note...... This Only Works for The ppl that played Most of the Game on Professional
By doing this it makes that gate part alot easier then anything. But you do need to beat last checkpoint on Professional or it wont work. I told 5 of my friends to do this trick/tip and it work everytime.

Snowdaddy
06-21-2009, 05:46 AM
This part can be frustrating. I never really used the slime tether unless it was for a puzzle up until this point of the game. It is much easier than trying to slam them into the gate with the proton beam IMO. I just kept moving and dashing side to side using the B button. This will keep the angels from doing a one hit kill on you by charging or throwing things. Keep ray alive best you can and let him handle the monsters on the ground. It don't matter if you shoot the angel or the gate first with the slime tether just do what works better for you. It will probably take about six hits with the angels before the gate breaks. just make sure you dont use the dash button when you have one part of the slime tether hooked up or it will break so you gotta be quick.

Also I found it easier to shoot the angels lower to the ground.

wizzard_of_tha_hood
06-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Luckily this part didnt prove to be to difficult on my Pro playthrough got it on my 3rd try. I made sure I didnt stop moving and I never doubled back to where I had just been. I also tethered the gate before the angels.

ClubStew
06-22-2009, 05:11 AM
This is what i did and it work twice as better.

Load the Stone angle checkpoint beat that area on casual and then cont.... on and get to the final Boss stage and then quit out. Then Replay the checkpoint on the last boss(Final Fight when you fight a big Devil looking thing) Then Put it Back on Professional and just beat the Game and Boooom Achievements unlcoked for Completing Story on Professional and Casaul/Exp....

Note...... This Only Works for The ppl that played Most of the Game on Professional
By doing this it makes that gate part alot easier then anything. But you do need to beat last checkpoint on Professional or it wont work. I told 5 of my friends to do this trick/tip and it work everytime.
Has anyone else here tried this? I'm not about to f* up my hard-earned progress thus far on Pro difficulty but am just getting really pissed off on this section. The rest of the game hasn't been too bad on Pro. I've thus only "died" a few times - even made it through all the boss battles without dying once - as well as the rest of the cemetary.

Dx2008Dx
06-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Has anyone else here tried this? I'm not about to f* up my hard-earned progress thus far on Pro difficulty but am just getting really pissed off on this section. The rest of the game hasn't been too bad on Pro. I've thus only "died" a few times - even made it through all the boss battles without dying once - as well as the rest of the cemetary.

try it works found me and 3 friends did it 3 time and it works. Just try its not going to hurt you. doesnt deleted and thing because you can start from that checkpiont anyways on easy then play until end boss then quit out then put back on professional and load the last checkpoint for the last boss. Just try it not going to hurt you.

I try this easy trick because o know ppl that had a hard time on this part im just making it easy

KrAzY LuSo88
06-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Luckily this part didnt prove to be to difficult on my Pro playthrough got it on my 3rd try. I made sure I didnt stop moving and I never doubled back to where I had just been. I also tethered the gate before the angels.

yeah me too.....i slime tethered them and it work on my second or third try.....