PDA

View Full Version : Intresting thought about an xbox portable.

Coldgears
06-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Have you guys noticed some PC games allows achievements? I have halo 2 (PC) and got achievements for my 360 all I had to do was download my profile. Now, while I doubt their will be an xbox portable, the ability to get achievements would defiantly make me want to buy it. Although, this system would have to be good, no game has/ever will be bought just for achievements, same for any console/handheld.

What are your thoughts on achievements linked to you 360 profile IF their was a handheld...

ZundayXx
06-20-2009, 04:22 PM
I personally hate handhelds... damned things ALWAYS break on me.

Annyway: I won't buy it. But it sounds nice.

jimi_stephen
06-20-2009, 04:34 PM
They would pretty much have to do the achievements now. That was what got the 360 selling so well that sony had to follow suit with trophies. They would like the thing to xbox.com so when you were in a wi-fi area your achievements would update. It would be great if the could get away you wouldn't have to recover you gamertag on it all the time. Start putting a wi-fi card in the 360, hook the portable up to live.
I would like to disagree with you thought. There have been alot of games bought for the achievements(Jumper, Avatar, TMNT, NBA 2k6) but they would have to make it a good hand held as there are already 2 extremely good handhelds on the market.

Pure Efficiency
06-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Having achievements on a handheld would make me take a good hard look at it. However, the only handhelds that I've loved in the past have been the original DS and DS Lite. Bottom line: MS would have to do a damn good job on the hardware to make me buy it. I don't want some ugly brick with four hours of battery life that I have to play on.

InkedUp
06-20-2009, 05:44 PM
For me, it would have to be a given that an Xbox handheld has achievements. Otherwise it would be pointless

progman32
06-20-2009, 06:17 PM
:confused: Yeah, I don't think I would buy a Zune HD, even if they somehow added achievements to its games. Like others, I don't buy too many arcade games, especially just for the achievements.

TheVoidRose
06-20-2009, 06:45 PM
One good idea for a xbox portable:

Make Arcade games its game library. I figured it would mean the portable would be freakin expensive.. but I can dream.

henry8721
06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
A portable Xbox would be sick!!

And with online and forever battery life and achievements and chatting......

I can only dream. T_T

KRIS DETH
06-20-2009, 07:03 PM
It would be quite cool, or just have it so you have the arcade games on it? it wouldn't have to go out of it's way then for graphics and you wouldnt be like :( damn COD is better on a 42 inch HDTV haha

Would be cool though

Tatanko
06-20-2009, 11:05 PM
One good idea for a xbox portable:

Make Arcade games its game library. I figured it would mean the portable would be freakin expensive.. but I can dream.
That actually sounds like a great idea. They could find a way to link your 360 and the portable using one of the USB ports or something and you could download the arcade games straight to your portable. They wouldn't need to develop all new games that way, either. Many arcade games I could easily see myself playing on a small screen while waiting around to catch a plane, sitting in the back seat of a car, etc.