PDA

View Full Version : Serious help needed over connection disruptancies!

henry8721
06-20-2009, 06:56 PM
As i've said before, and need help with it still....(i'm only 15!)

But everytime i;m playing Halo 3 on a very important match on Lone Wolves and i'm just about to get the win and, well you get the point.

The phone rings! and it says I won the game! But I go down exp??

I think it has to do with my setup but i'm not sure.

It's like this.

The wall with the phone jack > Splitter > Filter > Cord connects my phone
> Cord connects my router

I also have other phones around my house but im not sure if that affects it. The setup fro these phones is simply phone jack into wall.

I also have a labtop and a wireless iPhone. Also another comuter upstairs that is connected wirelessly.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Glowin Smurff
06-20-2009, 07:19 PM
so your on dialup/dsl/adsl??

henry8721
06-20-2009, 07:26 PM
What do you mean?so your on dialup/dsl/adsl??

Glowin Smurff
06-20-2009, 07:31 PM
you have to dial a connection? your connection is shared via the phoneline?

it's ASDL or DSL or ISDN?

if it is a type of shared connection like that, where it utilizes the phone line, the only way to do it would be to find a way to turn off call waiting or get a sepearte line....

i'm confused as to how your connected to live though......but hopefully someone can delve a bit deeper into detail, who's your internet provider?

henry8721
06-20-2009, 11:17 PM
1. I have figured out it is DSL
2. I have figured out I am on Telus
3. A am connected through an ethernet cord from my Xbox to router.you have to dial a connection? your connection is shared via the phoneline?

it's ASDL or DSL or ISDN?

if it is a type of shared connection like that, where it utilizes the phone line, the only way to do it would be to find a way to turn off call waiting or get a sepearte line....

i'm confused as to how your connected to live though......but hopefully someone can delve a bit deeper into detail, who's your internet provider?

Glowin Smurff
06-21-2009, 02:35 AM
dunno if this will help as apparently you can already connect to xbox live...your problem seems to just be people calling and causing a disconnect, which aside from some how disabling your incoming calls during the time your playing, you could try playing when no-one should be calling, late at night, early early morning...

but here you go, only thing i could really find concerning telus and xbox live .

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/xboxlive/getconnected/highspeedisps/Telus.aspx

martnic
06-21-2009, 08:41 AM
It could be a few things.

Try and get a new 'filter' that connects between phone line and modem/router.
it could be damaged and not filtering the right frequencies.

Not sure about your phone sockets in the Canada but over here in the UK if you take the faceplate off we have a 'Master/Test socket' if you have something similar try that.

Otherwise I'd have to say that it's your phone line.
In which case you'll have to get your parents to contact your ISP and try to sort it out.

Pheonix_Assassin
06-21-2009, 09:47 AM
One of my mates has the same problem i think its just because the Phone gets priorety over the xbox =)

APassingShadow
06-21-2009, 10:08 AM
You have a wireless iPhone???? :confused:

henry8721
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes.........You have a wireless iPhone???? :confused: