PDA

View Full Version : Cant View Videos On Dashboard?

II RUFF II
06-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I have issues with viewing videos that come up in the inside xbox section. When i go to view the video, it just says loading and no matter how long i wait, it wont load. Ive searched the forums and i saw someone had a problem with viewing things in marketplace but i just want to know if anyone else has this problem lately and is there anything thats causing this issue?

Osiris11235
06-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't have the problem. Just wondering, have you always had it? If you have, you might want to check the port filtering settings on your router/ broadband modem against those MS claims need to be open (there's a list on XBOX.com)

Cissnei
06-21-2009, 03:01 PM
I had the same problem for a while. I tried to play some media files for which an update was needed. It seemed to be properly installed, but no media file would play. After deleting the HD cache and downloading the update again, everything was fine.

II RUFF II
06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok thanks, ill clear my cache again, see what happens!

Bearded Bugs
06-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Ok thanks, ill clear my cache again, see what happens! If the cache thing hasn't helped then try what someone above suggested regarding the individual ports.

Different port numbers for Xbox Live allow different types of information through, there might be a specific port for video/media.