PDA

View Full Version : Can you get Multiplayer Achievements on COD3 via system link?

TheSilentAssassin
01-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't have xbox live and i was wondering if it is possible to get the multiplayer achievements through the use of a system link to someone else with an xbox360. Thanks in advance for your post.

Darth Odan
01-04-2007, 01:38 PM
They must be unlocked in RANKED matches. WHERE can you play RANKED matches? Online duh.

U2MOFO
01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Only online man.. sorry....

TheSilentAssassin
01-06-2007, 04:35 AM
They must be unlocked in RANKED matches. WHERE can you play RANKED matches? Online duh.

Jesus christ darth, why do you feel the need to be so rude? I have never played anything on xbox live, and have never seen anything on xbox live, or xbox system link so it follows that I would know NOTHING about 'Ranked Matches," or for that matter where to have them. Maybe if you chould get rid of your 'high and mighty' attitude for 5 minutes you would realise this. How would i know you can't have ranked matches via system link? Bloody hell...

DaKing240
01-06-2007, 04:39 AM

Darth, take it easy.

To answer your question, while I haven't actually tested the split-screen method, I am going to assume that the achievements have to be unlocked on Xbox Live - via a Ranked game.

Sotaco
01-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Like the king says take it easy if he is asking and telling you he doesnt have live why being so "RUDE" (like he says)

And ive tested the splitscreen and no you CANT get the achievements.

DaKing240
01-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Like the king says take it easy if he is asking and telling you he doesnt have live why being so "RUDE" (like he says)

And ive tested the splitscreen and no you CANT get the achievements.

Looks like you have a confirmed answer now. Hope that helps.

BTW - You know you can get a free month trial of Xbox Live right?

Darth Odan
01-06-2007, 06:07 PM
I did not mean to be rude, I thought of his question was rhetorical and the answer could have been reached by obvious logical thinking.

TheSilentAssassin
01-16-2007, 04:18 AM
BTW - You know you can get a free month trial of Xbox Live right?

I heard something about that, but my broadband is limited to 400mb a month, not enough to play live or do anything really.

Darth if i knew, i OBVIOUSLY wouldn't be asking.