PDA

View Full Version : An Achievement Leaflet Would Be Cool

Virtual Terror
06-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Would it not be cool if with every Xbox360 title if they included a leaflet with the list of all the achievements for the game. Of course the secret ones remain secret but listed as secret and the art work for the achievements would not be shown.

It would make an easy quick reference.

It would also be cool if they brought out maybe achievement guides for each game. Like strategy guides in shops maybe even a complete annual for a year.

Crimson Ridley
06-21-2009, 12:24 AM
X360a did bring out a guide in book form. Also, most strategy guides have an achievement guide in them.

As for the leaflet, I suppose that could be quite good for people without the internet, as otherwise this site shows every achievement anyway.

Shelton
06-21-2009, 12:29 AM
A rare few have a section in the instuction manual discussing the achievements. It's nice to see. Crackdown also had a "leaflet" which showcased 5 or so of the achievements.

Most devs unfortuntely, couldn't care less about the achievements. I'd like to see what you suggested put into action. Highly unlikely though.

Virtual Terror
06-21-2009, 12:35 AM
A rare few have a section in the instuction manual discussing the achievements. It's nice to see. Crackdown also had a "leaflet" which showcased 5 or so of the achievements.

Most devs unfortuntely, couldn't care less about the achievements. I'd like to see what you suggested put into action. Highly unlikely though.

That's cause a lot of ppl on Xbox are 10 year old idiots. Gamers used to be smart back when i was that age now there just spoilt brats who ruin your on-line experience.

Any way back on topic.

Crimson Ridley
06-21-2009, 12:37 AM
That's cause a lot of ppl on Xbox are 10 year old idiots. Gamers used to be smart back when i was that age now there just spoilt brats who ruin your on-line experience.

Any way back on topic.

What does that have to do with anything?

And I think a lot of devs do care about achievements, as they know that they are basically the selling point to a game nowadays.

bapae
06-21-2009, 12:42 AM
I think it would pretty much be pointless since you can just open the dashboard in 20 seconds and look at them or go to www.xbox360achievements.org (Witch also shows the secrets). And doesn't x360a have some guide book out with all the achievements in it or something like that?

jason86586
06-21-2009, 01:10 AM
would be a very good idea and i hope that devs start to do that

Shelton
06-21-2009, 01:14 AM

Any way back on topic. Colour me confused.

Was this message even meant for me?:confused:

And I think a lot of devs do care about achievements, as they know that they are basically the selling point to a game nowadays.

I can name two developers who geniunely care, and produce good lists consistently. Rare and Valve.

If the developers do care, why do they keep putting out such BS achievement lists? A gamerscore whore does not want to play GoW2 for 1000 hours for one achievement. That achievement alone, puts me off buying the game!

I believe they like to exploit us. Especially when it comes to DLC. So much DLC nowadays, 100GS or less per expansion in most cases. Lame!

Virtual Terror
06-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Colour me confused.

Was this message even meant for me?:confused:

Probably not it's my assbugers coming in to play. I was just venting some frustration. I was trying to get a decent game of Nazi zombies today and there's nothing but little twats online.

There's like over 100,000 ppl online and every time your stuck with one of them or even more.

Realy puts me off online gaming.

Wish they all just burn in hell.

Any way back on topic you.

Shelton
06-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Why did you quote me? lol.

It's ok. When on LIVE, you take the good with the bad. I've met some top guys/girls online. Better off playing with people you know/friends, rather than playing with randoms.

GR1N_REAP3R
06-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Would it not be cool if with every Xbox360 title if they included a leaflet with the list of all the achievements for the game. Of course the secret ones remain secret but listed as secret and the art work for the achievements would not be shown.

It would make an easy quick reference.

It would also be cool if they brought out maybe achievement guides for each game. Like strategy guides in shops maybe even a complete annual for a year.
I don't see the point when (offline/online) you can hit the Xbox Guide and pull up your achievements from there. And most games have achievement link on the main menu. An games coming out with DLC with Achievements, So they won't be listed. Since the game comes out before the DLC.

GR1N_REAP3R
06-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Colour me confused.

If the developers do care, why do they keep putting out such BS achievement lists? A gamerscore whore does not want to play GoW2 for 1000 hours for one achievement. That achievement alone, puts me off buying the game!

And don't forget the play for 100 day achievement and play on a exacted day achievement

GrUnTxSKaTeR
06-21-2009, 04:24 AM
Crackdown seemed to care a lot more about achievements then most other games. It was a nice change.

jimi_stephen
06-21-2009, 04:43 AM
this book?
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/34720000/34722331.jpg

I don't think a leaflet is necessary because of the guide button telling you all of them. It's a hell of a lot easier that looking for a leaflet and thumbing through it.

Coadster1
06-21-2009, 04:46 AM
I have this one thing and it lists the achievements for most of the games: It's pretty helpful, especially if you're on the road. Oh, and just wanted this cleared up, I don't cheat, don't even boost, I just picked this up cause it listed achieves. It's not really even a cheat guide. ???

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/ultimatexbox360cheatguide.jpg

Waggaz
06-21-2009, 04:47 AM
a leaflet would be pretty cool. A quick reference.

ApochWeiss
06-21-2009, 04:50 AM
If it came with a checklist, that would kick ass. I would check all the ones I did off and leave it int here when I trade it in so I feel like the next personw ill open it and see it as if it's staring at them going "Oh yeah...he beat me...he beat me good..." and then I lol and move onto the next game with hopes of 1000 points so I can do this all over again because I really have nothing better to do with my miserable existence :D

KFZ Scrubs
06-21-2009, 05:10 AM
That'd be cool.
I'd just have to look at the leaflet instead of always pressing the center button to check or going online

LoveAGramm
06-21-2009, 05:20 AM
A leaflet would be awesome, but who needs that anyway. We all have eachother and x360a!

agentplatypus
06-21-2009, 05:22 AM
WTF is a leaflet? I must be stupid. :(

Th33Troop33r
06-21-2009, 05:52 AM
WTF is a leaflet? I must be stupid. :( it tells you information.. its like a brochure

jimi_stephen
06-21-2009, 06:04 AM
like this
http://www.creation.uk.com/images/services/print/%5B13%5D_leaflet.jpg

Nightbeam
06-21-2009, 06:25 AM
I know this is like, blasphemy and all, but honestly, I wish DLC didn't have achievements, when games are bought/rented and DLC is purchased simply for 100% completion I just lose faith in people.

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-21-2009, 06:32 AM
i could care less as my xbox is in the same room as comp. I sit on comp chair n play xbox... so doesn't effect me either way

KSizzle
06-21-2009, 06:36 AM
i could care less as my xbox is in the same room as comp. I sit on comp chair n play xbox... so doesn't effect me either way

This is exactly what I do when viewing some guides on this site.