PDA

View Full Version : How The Hell Did This Game Pass Testing?

CashlessGecko
06-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Okay, this post is gonna be a massive rant. I'm fed up with the countless amount of Glitches/Issues that this game contains. How could Sega release this with the amount of Bugs/Glitches that it contains? Did they put this game through testing, you really have to wonder. And if the answer is yeah they did actually test this game but found none of the Bugs/Glitches then surely whoever did the testing did an unbelievably terrible job and should maybe consider a new job.

Even some aspects of the game that aren't buggy, and are just plain annoying. For example, Winning a tournament in both doubles and singles moves you up FOUR places. It's ridiculous!!
Winning a 1000 Tournament should give you 1000 ranking points, THAT MOVES YOU MORE THAN TWO PLACES SEGA. If you're not gonna relate the 1000, 250 to the Rankings, WHY WOULD YOU INCLUDE THEM?

Whilst on the topic of the World Tour. I'm pretty sure everybody has now heard of this ' Stuck On 146 ' Issue? How on earth can that happen, surely Sega must have noticed this. It meant that Myself, along with many many others wasted a good 5-10 hours progressing through Amateur just to get effed up the a-hole buy Sega. Also, what is with this issue when you play online, come back onto the World Tour and your guy isn't your guy, he's someone completely different. HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY HAPPEN? WHO IS THIS MAN? IS HE WHAT SEGA WANTS ALL OUR PLAYERS TO LOOK LIKE?

Ahh, Online Play. A place where you can chill, and have a nice friendly game with someone from a different country. NO! Online Play is where you want to go if you like hitting a shot about 40 metres past the opponent only for the ball to somehow STOP in midair. Wait for about 456 seconds so your opponent can casually stroll over to the ball and hit it back. But does the ball wait for you? NO OF COURSE IT DOESN'T. Also, quitting a game doesn't even affect your record? Why on earth would Sega decide to NOT punish people who don't even have the decency to finish a game?

Also, what happened to this ' Savior Patch ' that was to come to the Xbox and fix all these issues? I got a 3 second update and the only thing that saved was Sweet F-A. Did the Ps3 not receive this patch? Why are we Xbox users being ignored, did we P*** Sega Off by NOTICING these glitches. HURRY UP AND SORT IT SEGA.

Now people, good people of these forums. I invite you all to use this thread as an oppertunity to post all your problems/glitches that you've encountered, because Sega don't deserve good people like us playing games like this in the condition that they are in.

Thankyou all for listening/reading. =D

Green Day Rock
06-21-2009, 07:37 PM
agreed this game is full of glitches
i spent 6-8 hours on the amateur ranking
i finally get to rank 1 amateur and am rewarded with no achievement

bakum4tsu
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Tottaly agree and i just have the game for two days yet. The thing about going up just four places winning singles and double tournamente its tottaly ridiculous for sure.

Green Day Rock, you cannot accept going pro if you dont have the amateur achievement. That is not a glitch. I read this in other achievements site.

Become #1 on the amateur tour. At the end of the season, the top 8 players play in a paris tournament. At the end of the tournament you will be asked if you want to turn Pro. Do not say yes unless the achievement has popped, if you do you turn pro and that 30G is lost unless you start again. Ideally try and become #1 earlier in the season and then just skip weeks until the final tournament.

Anyway, i might give a shot to top spin 3 since its cheaper now lol

elfobuono
06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Even some aspects of the game that aren't buggy, and are just plain annoying. For example, Winning a tournament in both doubles and singles moves you up FOUR places. It's ridiculous!!
Winning a 1000 Tournament should give you 1000 ranking points, THAT MOVES YOU MORE THAN TWO PLACES SEGA. If you're not gonna relate the 1000, 250 to the Rankings, WHY WOULD YOU INCLUDE THEM?

Whilst on the topic of the World Tour. I'm pretty sure everybody has now heard of this ' Stuck On 146 ' Issue? How on earth can that happen, surely Sega must have noticed this. It meant that Myself, along with many many others wasted a good 5-10 hours progressing through Amateur just to get effed up the a-hole buy Sega. Also, what is with this issue when you play online, come back onto the World Tour and your guy isn't your guy, he's someone completely different. HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY HAPPEN? WHO IS THIS MAN? IS HE WHAT SEGA WANTS ALL OUR PLAYERS TO LOOK LIKE?

Also, what happened to this ' Savior Patch ' that was to come to the Xbox and fix all these issues? I got a 3 second update and the only thing that saved was Sweet F-A. Did the Ps3 not receive this patch? Why are we Xbox users being ignored, did we P*** Sega Off by NOTICING these glitches. HURRY UP AND SORT IT SEGA.

Great post...
4 season to be a pro, when i became a pro, i reach 146 position and now i can't play because there is a ghost player that takes my points...
Only 5-10 hours to be a pro???
I've finished a lot of training game and a lot of syle...
i need 15-20 hours to have the same player....

P.s.Sorry for my bad english ;)

Edit: after a search on sega forum i found a thread with a lot of pepole with 146 problem.
On ps3 with patch 1.01 nothing change the bug isn't fixed.
The last post left by administrator is this

06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
RubyEclipse
Administrator

Just wanted to repost that I've taken note of this and have listed it as a high priority for my reporting upwards. Hoping to have more news soon, I'll let you guys know asap!

Green Day Rock
06-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Tottaly agree and i just have the game for two days yet. The thing about going up just four places winning singles and double tournamente its tottaly ridiculous for sure.

Green Day Rock, you cannot accept going pro if you dont have the amateur achievement. That is not a glitch. I read this in other achievements site.

Anyway, i might give a shot to top spin 3 since its cheaper now lol

i got the go pro achievement but didn't get no1 amateur ach even though i was ranked 1

bakum4tsu
06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
You should have not accepted the offer until you got the amateur ach. Now ur only chance is to star over.

DanAmlwch
06-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Ye I totally agree, I haven’t come across any of the bigger, game ruining glitches myself *Touches Wood*, but I can tell they really didn’t put any effort into this game. I mean one thing I noticed is when a replay is playing, the scoreboard shows the new score and not the score it would have been at the time of the replay. I know it’s just a small thing but it shows me that they didn’t really take the time to add the final layer of polish to this game that it so desperately needed. By the looks and sounds of it they might have even neglected the last few layers entirely.

CLB Left 4 Dead
06-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Amen to that.

yellams
06-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm yet to experience any bigger problems like the 146 glitch (and have now finished World Tour) but some things in this game are a joke.
I was playing in a rank 20-1 tournament in the Pro tour, got to the final to play Murray, who was rank 11. I won this game and moved up a place, so Murray lost...but moved up to rank 8 http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk//images/smilies/blank.gif
I don't mind moving up slowly, but I don't see why they made it so stupid, same happened with some other guy, played a tournament and beat him in the first round (he was ranked below me) and I won, I then skipped a few weeks worth of 150-1 and 100-1 tournaments as they don't change anything, yet all of a sudden he's ahead of me, thats not even possible.
Why are my opponents better in the 50-1 tournaments better than they are in the 20-1?!
In 20-1, Roddick, Fedderer, Nadal, Murray and the like are all easily beatable dropping only a point or two, wheras in a 50-1, they seem to be able to play and give me a bit more of a challenge.
The "KING of Players Tournament" featured 3 or 4 females...now I don't know about you, but KINGS are generally males...
And I agree with a point above about the polish, why would the scoreboard not revert back during the replay, same goes with the clock in replays, I think it just stays still...

Shambles11
07-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but the Mrs got to rank 1 on the amateur tour early on in her 6th season, no acheev, she plays every tourny for that season and wins them all, incl the fancy dress rubbish and the sponsorship match. Goes into the final tourny ranked 1st and wins it and at the end of it gets nothing, no mention of turning pro, no amateur acheev, nothing. It just went onto week 1 of the 7th amateur season. She was gutted, i'm more gutted that i've watched her play this junk for what feels like months and nothing. Any ideas anyone??

RogueTrombonist
07-04-2009, 09:52 AM
"Also, what is with this issue when you play online, come back onto the World Tour and your guy isn't your guy, he's someone completely different. HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY HAPPEN? WHO IS THIS MAN? IS HE WHAT SEGA WANTS ALL OUR PLAYERS TO LOOK LIKE?"

Just happened to me, played online and came back with a completely different character.:mad:

How do you change it? I haven't played another tournament since the one where my character changed. Does it do it automatically or do I have to do something?

Jissi
07-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Damned progress became even slower now.

I am at the mid 80's place as a pro. For winning the 100-1 single tournaments, I move up 1 place. I lost 1 final accidentaly and dropped back 3 places... I dont even play doubles anymore, because the gameplay became so f'd up being a pro. It is impossible to score any other way than volleying and smashing at the net, I have never succeeded with a baseline stroke or a lob, but it can be my error as well.

Achievements (even the non-glitched ones) are nonsense. For the Pro #1, assuming average 2 places per tournaments won (which is not the case), you have to win 125 tournaments, that is 375 matches. For the Gold medallist, you need 100 ranked and 100 player wins, assuming you are an average player it is further 400 matches. As most of the matches are on artificial, for the Clay court medal you need like 50 more. Add the multiple Davis cup win needs, and we are approaching 900... Which still will followed up with boosting, as no way that one can win 1,000 points with slicing, which is also a must for the gold medallist.

The most annoying however, is the lack of patch. On the sega forum their rep commented many times, giving the usual corporate BS - appreciating the feedback, promosing follow-up, etc. How come that they claim to have their patch issued, but cannot give a list of the fixed bugs for more than a month? The answer is simple, they did not fix anything and they do not seem to care either.

C0lourmegrey
07-04-2009, 02:25 PM
1000 slicing etc should only take you at most an hour to boost with 2 controllers. grand slam rules (games/sets) & just slice every point will give you 72 per match & should only take a couple of minutes then just repeat until done

SLAIFER
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM
I have received this:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

An update to Virtua Tennis 2009 that should address a number of outstanding issues is currently in testing and while we hope to release this month, we unfortunately do not have a set date.

For further information and new updates please keep checking back on the SEGA Europe Support site; http://help.sega.com

Thanks for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience. If you have any further queries, do not hesitate in contacting us again.

Best regards,

Sebastien
Product Support
SEGA Europe
www.sega.co.uk

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: DOH-662916
Department: Gameplay / Technical
Priority: --

ncfcgee
07-05-2009, 03:32 PM
The 1st ranked amateur bug just happened to me also, i let myself drop to 3rd in the amateur rankings then tried for 1st again and got it, not ideal i know but a work around maybe for now?