PDA

View Full Version : Universal x360a/ps3t accounts possible?

dakisbac
06-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I was just checking out ps3t and I tried logging in. Since I wasn't able to, I'm here asking why. Is it just not possible for my account here to be shared there or was it simply not considered?

If the latter, I think it's something that should be looked into. The most obvious benefit is that it would mean less server space used between the two sites since I wouldn't have to make two different accounts.

PS: I noticed their forum awards are called trophies. I was also wondering why ours aren't called achievements.

The Pants Party
06-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Because then the stats for each site would be incorrect. ps3t is a smaller community and growing. If we linked the two, they would immediately jump from 25k to 211k+ and x360a would most likely gain a few grand as well.

dakisbac
06-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I... don't understand. Yeah, the number of members would be off, but what does that really matter?

Also, for that, couldn't you guys just keep track of who signs up from which side? I signed up here so I would count as an x360a member with ps3t privileges, and Joe Shmoe who signed up on ps3t would be the opposite.

The Pants Party
06-22-2009, 07:40 PM
It matters to advertisers and for traffic averages, stuff like that.

It takes like 30 seconds to make an account if you want to use the other site. Throwing our numbers off for the benefit of the small population who use both isn't worth it.

dakisbac
06-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Nah, I don't even have a PS3. Just thought it'd be cool to unify the sites.

Also, any insight as to why we have 'awards' instead of 'achievements'?

kaleido42
06-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Also, any insight as to why we have 'awards' instead of 'achievements'?

Legality issues:confused:

Another issue to consider if they were to merge the sites is that there might be a few usernames that are used up on both sites by different people which would not work to well.