PDA

View Full Version : release date?

moshr666
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
anyone heard when this one is coming out?

Stifler4Life
06-25-2009, 02:55 PM
:confused: I'd also like to know, but probably in a week or two.

IEvil IMonkey
07-03-2009, 07:57 AM
A quick Google search has thrown a particular date up of 30th Sept which is 3months away!!! I hope this isnt the case as im looking forward to Last Resort myself and with the summer retail games drought just around the corner this would make an ideal release. Even if a little short, i really enjoyed part 1 and will most likely get the same amount of enjoyment from part 2-4 =) If any one hears different please let me know

moshr666
07-05-2009, 07:17 PM
A quick Google search has thrown a particular date up of 30th Sept which is 3months away!!!

i hope this isn't true

IEvil IMonkey
07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I hope its out sooner as 30th sept would suck!!!! Still, MI is out in a little under 2 wks so we'll get our point and click fix with that =)

Hugh Jass
07-10-2009, 04:57 AM
so there will be 4 different episodes?

LittleBlondeTom
07-10-2009, 05:42 PM
There were planned to be 4 and they are all out now on PC. Then I think because they were so popular on PC they are making two extra ones as well, but they haven't said anything about them yet.

Also, Live Arcade is defeating the point of episodic gaming by releasing episodes 1 and 2 so far apart! I thought there would be a new one each week after the first one came out!

General Boredom
07-12-2009, 02:46 PM
It's most likely going to be sometime after the Summer of Arcade promotion which runs from July 22nd - August 19th, unless they release more than one game on any given week.

If it were up to Telltale, we'd get one episode a month like the PC version, but here we're at the mercy of Microsoft's extremely slow certification process.

Stifler4Life
07-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I waited six months for Banjo-Tooie to be released I'll wait the summer for Wallace and Gromit. :woop:

IEvil IMonkey
08-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Any more word on a release date here???
I know i googled it a while ago and it said end of Sept but i dont wanna wait THAT LONG!
Whats the point of doing episodes and then leaving SO much time inbetween them?

Royal Taco
08-09-2009, 07:29 AM
This wait is killing me, just because they didn't wan't to include it in the summer of arcade line up we have to wait until september or later, great.

AOSKINS
08-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty bummed about the wait, but what about the price? Sam and Max had all the episodes at once, while W&G is going to be mighty expensive for the whole thing, boo!

More achievements, but at what price.

Stifler4Life
08-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Sam and Max Seasons 1 & 2: 3200 MS Points (10 Episodes)

Wallace and Gromit Eps. 1, 2, 3, and 4. 3200 MS Points (4 Episodes with 4 chapters per episode)

You do the math for the more bang for your buck. :Bounce:

moshr666
09-07-2009, 06:28 AM
listening to majornelson podcast and he just said that episode 2 comes out 09.09.09 priced 800 points

IEvil IMonkey
09-07-2009, 07:04 PM
About f**kin time is all I can say!!! Might get all 4eps out by Easter at this rate!! Roll on Wednesday =)

FOX-Inc.
09-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Sam and Max Seasons 1 & 2: 3200 MS Points (10 Episodes)

Wallace and Gromit Eps. 1, 2, 3, and 4. 3200 MS Points (4 Episodes with 4 chapters per episode)

You do the math for the more bang for your buck. :Bounce:
You're forgetting the fact that the first season of Sam & Max already dates back to 2007, when it was first released on PC. Wallace & Grommit is a new franchise, so it's quite normal that it costs more really :) The upcoming (new) Monkey Island episodes will definitely not cost anything less than 800 MS Points either.

moshr666
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
majornelson has just tweeted that wallace and gromit has been cancelled and will not be released on the morrow. no ETA either

knew it was too good to be true

IEvil IMonkey
09-09-2009, 12:02 AM
What a crock of s**t!!!! This is getting WAY beyond a joke now... episodic releases my arse!!

FOX-Inc.
09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
What is is a 'future TBD date' supposed to mean anyway? I know what the abbreviation stands for, but it could take months again before we hear anything about it... :confused: Thank you, Microsoft and whoever that Major Nelson dude is, for giving us such wonderfully detailed information... :rolleyes:

WrottenSandwich
09-09-2009, 04:47 PM
That sux ~ I was looking forward to playing this today....

General Boredom
09-09-2009, 05:39 PM
It means MS would rather release garbage like Yo Ho Kablammo that nobody buys instead of quality games like Wallace and Gromit.

This whole situation is infuriating me beyond belief. I love Telltale, and I understand this release debacle is (most likely) completely out of their hands, but this is getting beyond rediculous. I'm definitely reconsidering buying any more of their XBLA releases in the future if this bullshit keeps up.

Oh yeah, I noticed the achievements for Sam & Max season 2 are up, but I'm just going to go ahead and assume that it won't come out until 2011 at the earliest.

Oh well, at least I have The Beatles: Rock Band and Sonic & Knuckles to keep me busy this week.

Royal Taco
09-09-2009, 06:54 PM
damnnn ittt!

AOSKINS
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
This really chaps my ass, I hope they don't give up on this series!

IEvil IMonkey
09-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Its gone awfully quiet on this........... think we best all just give up on seein the other 3 eps.... thanks alot MICROSHAFT!!!

F Swan
09-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Wouldn't be so bad if we knew or not if it was eventually coming out.

AOSKINS
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Any word yet, starting to get pissed!

IEvil IMonkey
09-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Latest news.......... Microshaft hate us and dont want us to enjoy ourselves with this series!!

F Swan
09-30-2009, 12:08 AM
I found this

http://www.destructoid.com/xbla-version-of-wallace-and-gromit-episode-2-delayed-148071.phtml

Posted on the 9th but I hadn't heard this before.

Update: A Telltale Games representative got back to us. "It was just a matter of miscommunication," the spokeperson told Destructoid. "We've got some special stuff in store for the game, and want to plan the timing of the launch around those initiatives. Rest assured that the game will be out on XBLA

IEvil IMonkey
10-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I'll believe it when i see it on the DASH now.... they're really takin' the biscuit with this!!

Terrin
10-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Something special...ill believe it when I see it, I mean honestlty been about 4 months, I really starting to hate all games doing episode downloads on xbla

mortenl
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Well now the achievements for W&G episode 3 have been announced.

Hopefully both will be released soon, but the non-release of episode 2 is starting to get ridiculous.

IEvil IMonkey
10-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Was just about to say Part2 isnt out yet and they have the bloody cheek to reveal the Part3 achieves!!!!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! I DEMAND PARTS 1 + 2 BE RELEASED AS A BUMPER PACK NOW FOR 800msp TO MAKE UP FOR ALL THE DELAYS etc

Wont happen tho..................

Tom Welsh
10-06-2009, 06:12 AM
the wait is beyond a joke now! but mabye the something special means avatar awards? probaly not, but i can live in hope :)

mortenl
10-06-2009, 06:28 AM
This was posted on the telltale games forum by staff member nikasaur:

"Keep an eye on our blog and when we know for sure, you'll know. Might have an announcement coming up soonish? "

IEvil IMonkey
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
They could say its out tomorrow but whats to stop them pullin it again at the 11th hour??
Thats why i'll only believe its out when i can see it dwnloading to my 360 =)

mortenl
10-06-2009, 02:34 PM
They could say its out tomorrow but whats to stop them pullin it again at the 11th hour??
Thats why i'll only believe its out when i can see it dwnloading to my 360 =)

Not that I am defending them over the delay but it was Major Nelson, not Telltale who announced a release date a couple of weeks ago.

A Telltale employee actually posted a comment just after the Major's announcement that it is not an official release date unless it is published by Telltale.

IEvil IMonkey
10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Well Nelson mustve heard it from somewhere... im sure he isnt just plucking release dates out of the air - but if he is then he's a prize pillock!! =)

Whatever the crack is i really want this (and ep3) NOW!!! =D

Tom Welsh
10-07-2009, 11:23 PM
i emailed telltale a couple of days ago and just recieved this,

Hi Tom,
I don't know personally, but I heard a rumor that it will be
announced soon.

Keep a look out for it.

Cheers,
bonnie

mortenl
10-08-2009, 08:35 AM
i emailed telltale a couple of days ago and just recieved this,

Hi Tom,
I don't know personally, but I heard a rumor that it will be
announced soon.

Keep a look out for it.

Cheers,
bonnie

The announcement will most likely be made on their blog:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs

They have been saying "soon" about this game for quite some time now, so i'm not really sure about that part of the answer.

IEvil IMonkey
10-08-2009, 11:30 PM
SOON, SOON, SOON.................... I want it now =( haha (and ep3)

mortenl
10-09-2009, 06:05 AM
SOON, SOON, SOON.................... I want it now =( haha (and ep3)

...and Sam & Max season 2

IEvil IMonkey
10-09-2009, 11:55 PM
yes please..... guess i better get 4200msp in stock now then =D

INFCTED
10-11-2009, 01:08 PM
This is becoming a joke!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry up already.........

Archer006
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Well Sam and Max Season 2 comes out Wednesday but still no word on Wallace and Gromit episode 2...bummer.

IEvil IMonkey
10-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Well S+M2 is 1600msp but you get alot for that so I really hope they do a double deal for W+G 2and3 for keeping us true fans waiting!!

mortenl
10-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Telltale games say today that more W&G episodes will be released on XBLA in November.

You can find the news on their blog in the post announcing the release of Sam&Max season 2 on XBLA.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-510

Quote from the press release: "More great Telltale episodes will join the Xbox LIVE Arcade line up in November with the release of additional Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures"

Tom Welsh
10-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Telltale games say today that more W&G episodes will be released on XBLA in November.

You can find the news on their blog in the post announcing the release of Sam&Max season 2 on XBLA.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-510

Quote from the press release: "More great Telltale episodes will join the Xbox LIVE Arcade line up in November with the release of additional Wallace & Gromitís Grand Adventures"

yeh just read this, more waiting :( oh well atleast they told us summin even if it wasn't much.

IEvil IMonkey
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Might pick them up some time then.... theyve really pissed me off over this and then decide to release them after Forza3, MW2, Assassinscreed2, LFD2 and god knows what else is out and everyone is emersed in them...
...YOU HAVE SHOT YOURSELVES IN THE FOOT AND WILL LOSE ALOT OF CUSTOMERS NOW!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!

General Boredom
10-13-2009, 11:53 PM
It would be nice if all three of the remaining W&G episodes come out next month, though I guess I'd be happy with 2&3. Either way, it's nice to finally hear something from Telltale regarding the XBLA releases.

Can't wait to grab Sam&Max season 2 tomorrow, (if it actually gets released that is).

Terrin
10-16-2009, 01:10 AM
I can't wait for these games, still can't believe sam & max season 2 came out before wallace and gromit episode 2 comes out, I want my damn w&g games.. I'll still download sam & max soon with alex and pixel as I hear that is on the3 lines of a point and click game...

EDIT: So I checked telltale game's website, and in the forums they are starting novemeber they are launching this game and another arcade game (most likely wallace and gromit episode 3)

mortenl
10-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I recieved a newsletter from Telltale today in which they write that sometime in November is the 20th anniversary of the first W&G animated short film, "A grand day out"

This is probably why they delayed the release of the rest of the episodes on XBLA.

Terrin
10-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Yea makes sense They mentioned they were waiting for the ann date of w&g

IEvil IMonkey
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Who gives a toss about an Anniversary!!! REALLY! They couldve released Ep2 as planned way back when and released Ep3 for the Anniversay... Whats the big deal?
Dont get me wrong as I love W+G put holding 1 Ep back so they can wait 2months 4 an Anniversary is stupid!!!

They can wait till new yr for my msp now... sod em! Im sick of waitin

Terrin
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
heh, well thats the new plan to release 2-3 maybe even 4 around the anniversary. but it was original meant to come out in the summer, but due to the days of summer thing it got delayed by about 2 months then they were close so they just held out even longer :p

tastefulmrship
10-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Waiting for the Grand Day Out anniversary is all very well, but why didn't they tell us this when Major Asshole (or whatever his name is) quickly, and silently, retracted the original release date just after the Summer Of Bollocks*?
TellTale could easily have said 'We're waiting for something special in a few months time' instead of a wall of silence that looked as dodgy as a KFC bucket meal. I hate to say it, but this sounds very fishy to me...

(* ok, ok! Shadow Complex was good!)

Terrin
10-24-2009, 05:20 AM
Yea, hopefully next week but one game was alreadya nnounced so odds are not looking good

tastefulmrship
10-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Yea, hopefully next week but one game was already announced so odds are not looking good

A Grand Day Out was first screened at the British Short Film Festival, mid-Autumn 1989. However, its first official UK screening (and, some may say, official release) was during Christmas of that year. Let's hope TellTale don't push the W&G Episodes back to December! (Afterall, ToMI will have finished by then and they might actually have someone to work on the W&G games!)

FYI; Inferno Pool is for NA and Asia only! No Europe, SA or Australasia release! (Another solid reason to have multiple region accounts!)

mortenl
10-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Telltale have announced that W&G episodes 2-4 will be released on November 4th.

Link to their press release:

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/pressreleases/id-97

Are the guides ready tastefulmrship?

tastefulmrship
10-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Are the guides ready tastefulmrship?

Episode 2 - 100%
Episode 3 - 95% (missing a HEAVEN'S ABOVE)
Episode 4 - 50%

I can't promise that I'll get them all 100% by Wednesday, as I've been played Ep3 for weeks now and still can't get that final HEAVEN'S ABOVE!

mortenl
10-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Episode 2 - 100%
Episode 3 - 95% (missing a HEAVEN'S ABOVE)
Episode 4 - 50%

I can't promise that I'll get them all 100% by Wednesday, as I've been played Ep3 for weeks now and still can't get that final HEAVEN'S ABOVE!

Great stuff. I got episode 2 for PC for free from Telltale on their Be a pirate day campaign, but I have not played the last two. So I'll play through those without paying attention to achievements, and use your guides for a second achievement-hunting playthrough.

Archer006
10-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Each game is going to be 800 points (10 Dollars). Wish they would do a special if you buy all three, maybe 2000 points instead? Would be nice but getting all three next Wednesday is a treat in itself.

tastefulmrship
10-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Each game is going to be 800 points (10 Dollars). Wish they would do a special if you buy all three, maybe 2000 points instead? Would be nice but getting all three next Wednesday is a treat in itself.

Indeed, or they could send out the new W&G Season 1 DVD to everyone who buys all four episodes on XBLA. OR! Even better, they could code in 3 more achievements for each episode and release them as free DLC; bringing the total GamerScore to 1000GP (250GP per episode) for 60 achievements (15 per episode), turning the season into a proper retail-esque-ish release!
All four episodes for 3200MSP is a little steep! We need a little something to soften the blow!

Please, TellTale, hear my words! ('cos I still can't post on your forums!)

IEvil IMonkey
10-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah TELLTALE you know you've done wrong so sort us real fans out!!!!

IEvil IMonkey
10-31-2009, 04:17 PM
As for the walkthroughs I'll make sure I get Ep2 1st seein as the guides ready and waiting =)

Then get Ep3 and Ep4 later on Wed as theyre 100%ed =)

Crackin news!

tastefulmrship
11-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Then get Ep3 and Ep4 later on Wed as theyre 100%ed =)

Crackin news!

I won't be the one to get these missing achievements on Wednesday (unless they've completely changed the coding to suit the achievements). I've been playing the games constantly for weeks now (and getting really bored with them!) without any success.

On a slightly diverse tangent; I think releasing all 3 Episodes in one day is a VERY bad idea (not only because I need more time for the walkthroughs). They should have released them in successive weeks, 'cos people are not going to spend 2400MSP on 3 very similar games just because they're released on a 'special day' that only a select few will actually appreciate (I never was a fan of 'A Grand Day Out'). Episode 2 will get the most sales then, eventually, the rest may see some movement, but not a lot! Even S&M#2 didn't sell very well a few weeks back, compared with S&M#1 or PAA!

This could be a catastrophic move by XBL & TTG; possibly burying the adventure genre on consoles for good! I hope someone's listening up there! STAGGER THE RELEASES! PLEASE!

IEvil IMonkey
11-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Well I'm sure I can get the majority of them on my own and come back to the guides to get any I miss... with playthru times of around 2hrs tho they are a piss-take, esp with x3 in 1 day!!! I just traded some stuff in and as there isnt anything out I want I got some MSP so maybe i'll get one of these on wed =) they still dont deserve my MSP tho haha

Terrin
11-02-2009, 04:39 AM
I won't be the one to get these missing achievements on Wednesday (unless they've completely changed the coding to suit the achievements). I've been playing the games constantly for weeks now (and getting really bored with them!) without any success.

On a slightly diverse tangent; I think releasing all 3 Episodes in one day is a VERY bad idea (not only because I need more time for the walkthroughs). They should have released them in successive weeks, 'cos people are not going to spend 2400MSP on 3 very similar games just because they're released on a 'special day' that only a select few will actually appreciate (I never was a fan of 'A Grand Day Out'). Episode 2 will get the most sales then, eventually, the rest may see some movement, but not a lot! Even S&M#2 didn't sell very well a few weeks back, compared with S&M#1 or PAA!

This could be a catastrophic move by XBL & TTG; possibly burying the adventure genre on consoles for good! I hope someone's listening up there! STAGGER THE RELEASES! PLEASE!

I agree its bad for episodic content as its soppose to be stagger releases where you pay a small amoutn get to play, a bit of a game and then when you finish that up in a extra week or two have the next episode in there. surpised this didn't happen >,<, as for S&m2 I didn't hear anything about sales figures as you can never really tell how many dls of the game there where

IEvil IMonkey
11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Atleast now we'll see them ALL on the dash - you dont need to buy them all at once... just get 1 as and when you can =) or all 3 at once if you're flash with cash haha

IEvil IMonkey
11-03-2009, 09:27 PM
This time tomorrow we'll have probably finished 2 or 3 of them already haha