PDA

View Full Version : Why so many adds?

True I Skill
06-23-2009, 03:02 AM
I didnt notice it before because on my old computer it did not show them, But now i've changed to a laptop, These adds are so annoying! Like 3 or 4 on page most of them moving ones too, i can hardly navigate arround the site or type properly without it Freezing up loads, any ways to sort it out? So maybe its less of a annoyance?

dakisbac
06-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Firefox + Adblock add-on or Firefox + Aardvark add-on

Glowin Smurff
06-23-2009, 03:27 AM
the reason as to why, is to pay the bills.

True I Skill
06-23-2009, 03:59 AM
Any way to make the internet easyer without Firefox?! D; Thats all people ever suggest anymore Lol,

Hmm i know they have to pay bills and all, But like i dont know about anyone else but it sorta makes me want to not visit the site with all the slowness of things

Glowin Smurff
06-23-2009, 04:42 AM
there may be some sort of IE add-on or something, but i dunno....i didn't know anybody still used that.....

and if your using Opera/Safari or something, i dunno there might be a add-on for those as well....

perhaps try searching google for "Your Browser" Ad Block or something.

Jappe XBA
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Just change to Firefox, it's a lot more easier and faster to use than IE. And safer too.

Smashing Impact
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
If everyone is saying that Firefox is the better browser, why don't you take their advice and download it? ;)

Personally, I use IE and have no problems.

True I Skill
06-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I'l switch to firefox then,
But will it get rid of the 2 adds on the left and top of the screen which follow the scrolling and all that? They are the ones that get annoying, when they switch and it unclicks from what im typing, and then has some spazzy sign shake about for 5mins -.-

AOS Puck
06-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I'l switch to firefox then,
But will it get rid of the 2 adds on the left and top of the screen which follow the scrolling and all that? They are the ones that get annoying, when they switch and it unclicks from what im typing, and then has some spazzy sign shake about for 5mins -.-

I would assume so, I use Firefox + the add-on and I've never seen an ad on this site.

Rainith
06-23-2009, 04:11 PM
While I think the suggestion to use Firefox + Adblock is the best solution, another idea would be to do a Google search on "NoAdHosts" and install that (or if you know how, just edit your hosts file to block them). Note that this doesn't work for all ads and since I installed Adblock quite a while ago, I have no idea how well NoAdHosts is doing nowadays.

Captain Ashton
06-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Well Ad's = Money

Bearded Bugs
06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
I would assume so, I use Firefox + the add-on and I've never seen an ad on this site. Yeah same, I didn't even know there were ads on this site!

I think I use Adblock Plus 1.0.2 - so I recommend that.