PDA

View Full Version : Library Final Boss (spoilers)

Anemic Solitude
06-23-2009, 12:58 PM
I am at the large boss at the end of the library level on professional. I can get the slime/mask off no problem, but for the life of me I can't beat this guy. I got him down to one square left on my second try, and since then I can't repeat those results. The AI is absolutely retarded, they do nothing but stand in the same two corners and die. I can't spend enough time shooting his eye because I am too busy reviving the two useless tits that are with me.

Anybody got a good strategy with this boss? Gamespot guide doesn't help much, they say to use your dash, but it never gets me out of the way in time. I have been stuck on this asshole for a while now, and I'm getting a little frustrated.

ViRaLuNdEaD
06-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Try using the portals in the room to help move around. I hung out near one of those and would dash out of the way of attacks or jump into a portal.

Anemic Solitude
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
I've only recently been trying that, I can't express how utterly useless the other two guys are. If I die, it's mission failed, because they NEVER leave their two respective corners, and always die coming to save me. I'm gonna try staying near a portal...

Mattism
06-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I did this on professional and I used the portal in the corners and did not worry about my teammates. Basically I would shot him will he go close then I will back through the portal turn around and shoot him again till he got close and back throught the portal again. Just keep doing this and you should be able to defeat him.

Norman Coxwell
06-23-2009, 03:19 PM
^That may be your safest bet.

I used the portals a hell of a lot but I was on Experienced. Actually found this boss pretty hard. Took me like 7 tries, but 5 of those was without portals.

Ya the AIs were the biggest problem for me too. Still reviving them is crucial. Its alway good having a life-line.