PDA

View Full Version : Choose a Side Glitch

BWOzar
06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Somehow I have the Smells like Victory achievement (win a match with all 15 default characters) but not the Choose a Side achievement (win a match with a transformer from each side). Anyone else experience this problem? Anyone find a solution?

Thanks!

SinRG
06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Same problem with me.

I won a match with Sideways (Decept) and Bumblebee (Auto) and I didn't get that achievement...not sure what's up.

I would have posted sooner but for some reason I could get into x360a...

JayBeezy330
06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Well there's an option that you can turn on that wont restrict faction (you can use autobots on decepticon team and vice versa) so maybe you did that?

BWOzar
06-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Well there's an option that you can turn on that wont restrict faction (you can use autobots on decepticon team and vice versa) so maybe you did that?

Hm...I'm pretty sure I didn't play with that setting, but I'll try that out tonight -thanks!

OMOXO
06-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Same thing happened to me also and i neva messed with no options..

SinRG
06-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Nope, the only options that were touched were Private Slots, and setting rounds in Control Points to 1.

It's strange, maybe you have to do this with someone online and not offline...>.<

and yes, I tried with 3 rounds and I completed the whole match, not just the one round.

Cla55y
06-24-2009, 01:28 AM
i didnt get this when i did the 15 on my own but when i did the rest boosting with a friend it popped up. i dont think you can do on your own, unfortuanatly :(

lostmotiv
06-24-2009, 04:59 AM
ya it def didn't work for me doing it on my own, i'll have to try it online

JayBeezy330
06-24-2009, 06:09 AM
i didnt get this when i did the 15 on my own but when i did the rest boosting with a friend it popped up. i dont think you can do on your own, unfortuanatly :(

Hey Classy. Thanks for picking up the slack for me.

T 4 T T O O 3 D
06-24-2009, 06:51 AM
I played a player match with my friend, just me and him and after the first two matches which i played as autobots and decepticons i got the achievement, maybe try playin with a friend or something. If anyone needs help send me a friend request T 4 T T O O 3 D

neb86
06-24-2009, 08:00 AM
I played one online and then i later did the other 14 off and got it...

Onslaught_fei
06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I had to win in ranked matches as each to trigger the achievement, despite doing the 15 different bots achievement first.

JayBeezy330
07-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Something just occured to me for anyone this happens to. Only do it in the Control Points mode. Thats where I did mine.

bobbowski
07-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I tried doing mine to start in the control points and that capture the shard game, by myself, default settings except I selected 7 private slots. I won 1 game of each with the autobots and decepticons. The achievement didn't pop.
I played online in PLAYER matches winning at least twice with each side. But one of the decepticon games I didn't start from the lobby, I was thrown in at the beginning of the game (score was still 0-0). The second game I won as the decepticons, the factions were not locked.
I tried a few RANKED matches but wasn't so lucky with team placement:) and didn't pick up any wins.
I decided to give it a rest and went back to working on winnnig with each transformer by myself. I picked deathmatch, set it to 1 round and 1 minute time limit. Started with a decepticon and poof unlocked after the minute was up.

C Fresh
07-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, there was another thread here about the same thing, sorry I did not post in this one. It has been confirmed that for that achievement you do need to play with at least one other player on the opposite team.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=157925

I an sorry, but I updated the guide a couple of days ago. I would still use the Control Point trick, but make sure someone is playing against you.

UCB Disco
07-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not going to say my glitch was bad, but I got Choose a Side after winning with 2 Decepticons and then I got the win with all 15 defaults when I clearly didn't (I think I only won with 8 different bots).

I definitely think some achievements are glitchy, but it's unfortunate that you didn't get the one and you did it legit.

cryptah
07-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Choose a Side achievement is simple.

Win one match (Player match Offline - control points) with AUTOBOT robot on Decepticons side and DECEPTICON robot on Autobots side.

You need to switch off Restric Faction to choose enemy on your side.
After booth matches done achievement will pop.