PDA

View Full Version : Chad Pennington: Comeback Player of the Year

Shaaady Souljah
01-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Do you think this was a good choice? OR was someone else more deserving?

"Pennington earned 27 votes in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL. He finished ahead of two other quarterbacks, Drew Brees (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5479/) of New Orleans (8 1/2 ) and Cincinnati's Carson Palmer (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6337/) (5 1/2 ). Pennington, the fifth quarterback to win the award in its nine years, is the first Jet to receive the honor."

ALSO: Tomlinson won MVP (of course) & Jason Taylor was Defensive Player of the Year.

IMportdreams95
01-05-2007, 05:27 PM
i agree with the MVP, and defensive player.

Nodogg
01-05-2007, 10:53 PM
It's a pretty good choice. Chad has all but fallen off and was on the verge of being a has been. Who would of thought he would return to the Chad of old after his injury issues? Congrats to him!

messym
01-06-2007, 04:49 AM
I'm surprised w/ Pennington winning it since Brees essentially took a team that was 4-12 last year and turned them into not only a playoff team but the 2nd seeded team in the NFC. Chad did a good job w/ the Jets in the 2nd half but I think Drew deserved it more.

DaKing240
01-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Jason Taylor... I knew he would get it... he would simply control games!

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 05:41 AM
I'm surprised w/ Pennington winning it since Brees essentially took a team that was 4-12 last year and turned them into not only a playoff team but the 2nd seeded team in the NFC. Chad did a good job w/ the Jets in the 2nd half but I think Drew deserved it more.

Comeback player! Brees was good last year too. But Pennigton had the rotator cuff issues with his shoulder and all. He was falling down hard and he came back and finished really good. I think he deserves it.

messym
01-06-2007, 07:52 AM
you're right. I was thinking about it more as how he turned the team around and not taking into account his performance in S.D. last year.

Cause
01-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I agree with the choice that chad pennington was the comeback player of the year because he brought a garbage new york jets team last year to a wildcard spot this year. Think about it hes really got no recivers and his best running back Kevin barlow been hurt all year. He's throw that jets team on this sholders and brought them to the playoff so give him some credit. I also think he got a good chance to beat the patriots (even though im from massachusetts).