PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win SUPER BOWL XLI?

Shaaady Souljah
01-05-2007, 05:19 PM
It is possibly the most clouded and confusing playoff race ever... Just curious who everyone thinks will take it all this year?

NFC
1. Chicago Bears
2. New Orleans Saints
3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Seattle Seahawks
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. New York Giants

AFC
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. New England Patriots
5. New York Jets
6. Kansas City Chiefs

It's a toss-up, but my pick is the Baltimore Ravens. They have a very similar team to the 2001 team that won it all--except now they have a better, more balanced Offense to go with the best Defense. I think they are the only team that could somewhat stop L.T.

Please Note: Polls only allow for 10 spots, so if you think the K.C. Chiefs or N.Y. Giants are going to win, just say so in a post. They were the two I thought least likely to win it all and I had to leave off 2 somewhere.

IMportdreams95
01-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Indianapolis Colts :(

Shaaady Souljah
01-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Indianapolis Colts :(

the Poll is up. lock your vote in. :)

IMportdreams95
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
fa shizzle i picked who i thought would win the super bowlizzle!

GO COLTS!

hey a man can dream cant he!

Shaaady Souljah
01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
they make the playoffs every year... they HAVE TO win at some point! right? ;) good luck with that D.

Wreckon Dracgon
01-05-2007, 06:21 PM
First I must say you know I love you Import man :) In an I love my brother type way for all you sickos.

Indianapolis Colts vs Kansas City Chiefs
I loved the Colts up until their defensive problems became too much for the offensive to overcome. I think the Colts will be able to pull it out at home though but just barely.

Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts (if this happens Import we should do all we can to try and go to this game)
Baltimore's defensive unlike Kansas City will be able to keep it close and the Indy defense will get a heavy dose of Jamal Lewis and crack in the end. Baltimore wins.

New England Patriots - New York Jets
Tough game to call New England is weak, but the Jets aren’t that great and I think experience counts more so I give the nod to New England. Which makes me want to throw up.

San Diego Chargers vs New England Patriots
LT goes wild and the Chargers light up the Pats hurt and weak defense.

So that means you Superbowl XLI will be between...

San Diego Chargers vs Baltimore Ravens
In a great game the Baltimore Ravens come out ahead 27-17.
and there you have it your 2007 World Champions of Football

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/images/r06/headerSubpage_3_1227.jpg

Shaaady Souljah
01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
i love your breakdown, but you have no love for the NFC? i know the AFC is superior and all, and the best teams are over there.... but you can not count out the Bears or Saints just yet.

I think a Bears/Ravens Super Bowl would be interesting. 7-0, final score. With Rex Grossman's dumbass (or Griese if he is in) throwing an INT for a TD.

****and I am sure you know this, but the Ravens and Chargers would NOT play before the Super Bowl, cuz they are both in the AFC. So technically, Super Bowl XLI would not be between them.***

Wreckon Dracgon
01-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah I do know... and I'm sure you knew what I was getting at with my "lack of love for the NFC".

For all intent and purpose your AFC Title game is your Superbowl.

There is no way in hell...(checks his shoes to make sure he's not standing in a pit of fire and brimstone... yup I'm good)... there is no way in hell any team from the NFC will beat one of the AFC teams unless somehow Kansas City makes it to the Superbowl. I could see New Orleans or Da Bears possibly beating them.

RadicalSniper99
01-05-2007, 07:08 PM
My office is doing a pool for the playoffs, and I picked the Chargers to win it all. I know it's going to be tough, but I think it is highly likely. Of course, they will be playing the Saints in my pool. Who knows?

This first round is killer for a few of the games. With the last few years, home teams haven't had the best of luck in the first round. They went 1-3 the last 2 years.

I have 2 home teams this week. Eagles and Patriots. We'll see how it turns out.

Gunstar Chaos
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I say the Philadelphia Eagles because its my favorite team. Anyway everyone is always counting them out and the got in the playoffs. Then they took the Division title. Now its playoff time and they still have it. They should be able to be the Gaints again. They can beat the Saints as they proven earlier this year if it wasn't for them not running the clock out (which they improved prior McNabb injury.) Only thing that can stop them in my opinion is the Bears, but I don't think the Bears can win a shootout. AFC is overated. They are better than 80% of NFC but not all. No reason to count the NFC out.

NFC should have had the Championship last year if it wasn't for Bettis retiring at the Superbowl in his hometown. Yea you all know its true.

TheMollywhopper
01-05-2007, 10:00 PM
With my Rams sucking ass, I've got to jump on a bandwagon for the postseason, and that bandwagon is: The New Orleans Saints. IMO there is so much parity in the NFL that unless you can put together a truly great team on all 3 sides of the ball (No one is even CLOSE to that except Chicago this year), it all comes down to big plays. And I think big plays come from the bottom of a man's soul. I think the Saints are playing with the most soul right now, therefore will make the most big plays in their games, hence I pick them to win it all.

Fonkey Monkey
01-05-2007, 10:05 PM
No one in the NFC has a chance...
So I'd say it's the winner of the AFC championship game. ravens VS Chargers.
imo chargers come out on top.
chargers win the superbowl.

IMportdreams95
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
First I must say you know I love you Import man :) In an I love my brother type way for all you sickos.

Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts (if this happens Import we should do all we can to try and go to this game)
Baltimore's defensive unlike Kansas City will be able to keep it close and the Indy defense will get a heavy dose of Jamal Lewis and crack in the end. Baltimore wins.

Would be nice, im sure Nodogg would be down. (if it did happen, where would it be?)

Nodogg
01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Here’s my take...

A lot of people are looking past Indy. That's a BIG, BIG mistake. Indy has a lethal offense and most are back and healthy. We are still missing Stokley but if Dallas Clark plays well we can put 30 on anyone, anytime, anywhere.

That said there is cause for concern due to Indy's defensive woes. However my opinion is if we can limit the TD as we did against most teams this season we will be ok. I could care less if someone rushes for 500 yards in a game, if they are stopped in the red zone and kick field goals all day it does them no good! Now if we give up 3 or 4 TD's then we will have an issue. I honestly believe if we make it through the KC game with a win and barring injuries we can make a strong run for the Super Bowl!

The only teams that are any cause for concern would be Baltimore, San Diego & the Bears!

Baltimore we can beat the defense is good but they don't have enough to men to cover all of our offensive weapons. Our D is well suited to stop a team like Baltimore; while Jamal Lewis is a pretty good back he has no help. The passing game is garbage and if McNair tries to run he's going to get a healthy dose of Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis in his face!

San Diego is the only team I fear. They've got it all. A strong offense with the MVP non-human-possibly-android-or-maybe-monster LT and even more worrisome is the 3-4 defense and the possibility of having no answer for Merriman. If we play SD it will be a shoot out and the key to the game will be blocking. If we can use a TE or Klecko to block out Merriman the game goes to the Colts. If Merriman is allowed to run wild unchecked, well we’d be screwed.

If we are able to make it to the Super Bowl only one team, The Bears concern me. The Bears have a very physical defense and could cause us a lot of problems. I'm not sure offensively they have a lot of weapons but by the time the Super Bowl arrives we will be tired and worn down from facing the 2 best backs in the league along with fighting against one of the leagues best defenses in Baltimore. We could win this but it'll be a dog fight, we'll have to wait and see...

There is no team in the NFL that is a walk in the park. Remember any given Sunday…

GO COLTS!

Nodogg
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Would be nice, im sure Nodogg would be down. (if it did happen, where would it be?)

Baltimore is the #2 seed so Indy would be traveling to B-More. I'm down. I'll call in sick if I have too. I've got the truck and gasoline, who's buying tickets? :confused: lmao!

Shaaady Souljah
01-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I would have no problem with the Colts winning it all--Manning is very deserving of one, and his chance will slowly run out as Harrison and others age. Plus, they are probably the most entertaining team to watch play in my opinion... But, there are so many IF's that I just do not see it happening.

"We are still missing Stokley but if Dallas Clark plays well we can put 30 on anyone, anytime, anywhere." --- I did not know Clark was the spark on offense ;) Utecht gets more looks out of the TE spot I think. (Go Gophers!) I think regardless, the Colts enter any game with the chance of scoring 40.

"The only teams that are any cause for concern would be Baltimore, San Diego & the Bears!" --- Basically, every single team they would face after the 1st round...all on the road. The Colts were 8-0 at home; that leaves a 4-4 record on the road.

"Baltimore we can beat the defense is good but they don't have enough to men to cover all of our offensive weapons." --- I think if anyone can matchup with enough players to stop the Colts, it would be the Ravens. McCallister and Reed would TRY and shut down the WR's & Lewis would terrorize the TE's and RB's. I hope this matchup happens and I think it will...would be an amazing game. And then you guys can go! I don't think Jamal Lewis will be a factor at all. The Colts suck against the run, but the Ravens suck at running the ball.

For San Diego, I don't think Merriman will be that big of an issue if that matchup happens. He will not be lining up against Harrison or Wayne, which will be the keys to the game for the Colts because the Chargers are so solid against the run. He is a monster though, and you are right, it would be a shoot out if it happened.

If the Colts make it to the Big One and it is against the Bears, I think it will be a very good game. It reminds me of the Tampa Bay defense against the Oakland offense Super Bowl XXXVII from a few years ago. That was a great one, but the defense won.

"There is no team in the NFL that is a walk in the park. Remember any given Sunday…" CORRECT. THANKS FOR THE INPUT; I ENJOY DEBATING THINGS LIKE THIS WAY TOO MUCH. IT SHOULD BE A GREAT MONTH OF FOOTBALL!!! with the way things are going, do not be surprised to see a New York Giants vs. Kansas City Chiefs S.B.

Wreckon Dracgon
01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
I checked their website and called to double check. Here is the scoop.
Once the games are over on Saturday/Sunday they'll start selling Raven's tickets soon thereafter. Should be tickets available with preference to season ticket holders. My company has season tickets but I'm probably better off going through my uncle who lives in Columbia and has had season tickets since Imports Colts were here in town.

I'm definitely game to go... of course that's easy for me to say when I'm only an hour and a half away from the stadium. We'll see how things go this weekend and talk during/after the games.

Nodogg
01-06-2007, 12:30 AM
"We are still missing Stokley but if Dallas Clark plays well we can put 30 on anyone, anytime, anywhere." --- I did not know Clark was the spark on offense ;) Utecht gets more looks out of the TE spot I think. (Go Gophers!) I think regardless, the Colts enter any game with the chance of scoring 40.

Utecht, better then Clark, now that's funny. I think you misunderstood the reason I think Clark is important. Clark isn't the spark. He is a distraction a diversion per say. My point is our 3rd option Stokley is out. If Dallas shows up and plays well that opens Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison up. While Utech is a good classic TE, Clark is a better route runner and put points on the board. Here are some stats for ya and remember Clark missed 4 games (I believe) this season.

NAME NO YDS AVG LG TD
B.Utecht 37 377 10.2 26 0
D.Clark 30 367 12.2 40 4

Utecht has 7 more receptions but only 10 more yards and the big stat is the goose egg in the TD column.

You are right though Indy is dangerous and can put the points on the board. Right now I feel good about our chances; I'm a realistic fan though, if the Colts can get out to an early lead and the Indy defense play to an average level and not a horrible level we will win. If the defense makes mistake and allows teams to put up a lot of yards AND a lot of points that will eat the clock and our offense won't have time to work. That is the key to all of our games. We'll see.

GO COLTS!!!

Fonkey Monkey
01-06-2007, 12:49 AM
In my mind, the colts are going out in the 1st round.
If jones-drew is any indication of what could happen,just wait till LJ steps on the field.

Nodogg
01-06-2007, 01:11 AM
I checked their website and called to double check. Here is the scoop.
Once the games are over on Saturday/Sunday they'll start selling Raven's tickets soon thereafter. Should be tickets available with preference to season ticket holders. My company has season tickets but I'm probably better off going through my uncle who lives in Columbia and has had season tickets since Imports Colts were here in town.

I'm definitely game to go... of course that's easy for me to say when I'm only an hour and a half away from the stadium. We'll see how things go this weekend and talk during/after the games.

Hey Wreckon,

Not sure we've met but I'm Imports older, cooler, sexier and as Legion likes to point out LOUDER older brother. I'd love to go, I double checked it's about 600 miles, so 8.5 hrs drive or so. That's nothing. Import and I have drove Indy - Seattle in less then 2 days. :woop:

bdg7884
01-06-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm sayin Chargers and Saints. With Chargers winning...

Cause
01-06-2007, 02:56 AM
I say the chargers and seahawks superbowl. Chargers will win

messym
01-06-2007, 04:58 AM
I'm going to be a homer and say my Pats but, if I wasn't a Pats fan I think Baltimore has most balanced team in the AFC. They are very strong on D and just good enough on offense to not make the big mistakes a.k.a. turnovers that will cost most of these teams the game. The NFC is more of a toss up. Most of these NFC teams have not shown enough consistency to win against a very strong AFC. I hope that N.O. makes it. They need it given the franchise's horrible playoff record.

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 05:46 AM
I picked Indy. They lost last year because of Vanderjagt and now they have the best clutch kicker in the L and I think they'll be alright.
Indy manages to always keep it close but always loses it close. Let's hope no one chokes out on Manning like the last 2 bowls.

Rebel_INS
01-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Chargers probably

Nodogg
01-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Maybe you should restart the poll after this afternoon! :drunk

Fonkey Monkey
01-07-2007, 12:16 AM
thats a good idea.
then another one next weekend.:woop:

IMportdreams95
01-07-2007, 12:59 AM
well see how many people just on the ban wagon after tonights game.

PerpetualHeaven
01-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Addai is amazing....

Tripl299
01-07-2007, 02:09 AM
I could see it being Baltimore Ravens vs Chicago Bears with the Ravens winning like 5 to 3 with the ravens getting a field goal and saftey and the bears only getting a field goal.

Or the ravens picking off Grossman like 3 times and running 2 of them back for touchdowns, but grossman won't have to much time to throw with all of those blitzes.

I'm a dolphin fan myself, it's kinda hard for me to root for baltimore, but my wife is a raven fan because she is from baltimore.

IMportdreams95
01-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Addai is amazing....

its about time everyone see's the real Joseph Addai. He's going to take the starting position and squash it next year.

Cause
01-07-2007, 06:35 AM
I say the chargers and seahawks superbowl. Chargers will win
LOL I'm still in the game. Go seahawks. Hard to say because I'm a 49ers fan but i hate Dallas cowgirls more then any team so

ImmortalLeoman
01-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Bears are the best team, so they will win

Fonkey Monkey
01-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Bears are the best team, so they will win

looking at their QB tells me otherwise.

ImmortalLeoman
01-07-2007, 07:38 AM
We can still hope he plays like he did in the first 5 games

Nodogg
01-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Rex Grossman is a bum!! I can't anyone puts faith in him. Chicago's D is the only chance they have. :eek:

ImmortalLeoman
01-07-2007, 11:59 PM
If only Lovie Smith would listen, then we wouldnt have a qb that needs to see a psycologest before every game.

RadicalSniper99
01-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I was impressed by their performance against the Chiefs. Quite the surprise to see Larry Johnson get completely shut down by the Colt D. I like the way they are playing right now, but it worries me to see what is going to happen against the Ravens. This team is a lot more complete than the Chiefs were.

Even though he was traded, I can still say Steve McNair is born leader who has what it takes to win a Super Bowl. I don't want the Ravens to win the Super Bowl this year, but it wouldn't be a surprise if it actually happened. Should be an interesting playoff coming up now.

Shaaady Souljah
01-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Maybe you should restart the poll after this afternoon! :drunk

looks like everything happened how it was expected to. meaning, the higher seed won each game...so i think we can wait on another poll for one more week :woop:

no one voted for the cowboys or jets...and the giants and chiefs were not on the ballot. so its all good for now.

BlaZiN cdn
01-09-2007, 12:37 AM
i dont follow NFL football 2 much and dont know 2 much about any teams but the eagles are my favourite:p

:woop: GO EAGLES :woop:

eggnog
01-09-2007, 01:08 AM
I vote the Steelers.

Shaaady Souljah
01-09-2007, 01:21 AM
I vote the Steelers.

good call. :p

i would put $1 million on them to win Super Bowl XL. ;) if only i had a delorian from back to the future...

PerpetualHeaven
01-09-2007, 02:20 AM
looking at their QB tells me otherwise.

Whattttt!! Better then Leftwich! :D :P

babyfarmer
01-11-2007, 03:41 PM
I think the Patriots will take the chargers out this weekend for a few reasons:

1) The chargers have a rookie QB and we have all seen how rookie QBs do in the playoffs.
2) Marty Schottenheimer has blown too many big games in his career.
3) Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck. Never count them out.

For the SB, as much as it pains me as a Steelers fan, I think the Ravens are gonna win it all.

Shaaady Souljah
01-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Rivers isn't a Rookie QB. Granted he has only seen about as much playing time as a Rookie, but he has been in the league for quite a while now and will not be as succeptible to fallling under pressure as a typical rookie. He has been a part of big games before, even though he did not play in a lot of them--it will make him a little better.

And everyone keeps saying how the Pats will "take L.T. out of the game" and make Rivers make all the plays. almost no one has been able to do that this year...L.T. is going to shine, whether it be with runs or catches or maybe even throws.

But, yes, the Patriots are a playoff team every year, and Belicheck is the greatest active coach in the league...and one of the best of all time as well. So they are never out of a game by any means.

It will be a good game, but I think the Chargers have more stars on both sides of the ball than the Patriots and will pull it off by any means. And nice call on the Ravens, babyfarmer ;) but i wonder if we will be right???

StylinLancer
01-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Gooo EAGLES!

I think they'll get by the Saints, since 1 of there 3 heartbreaking losses was a last second field goal from the Saints. So I'll roll the dice and say the Eagles get to the Super Bowl along with the Ravens.

To pick the winner, the Ravens and their defense will dominate and be victorious.

babyfarmer
01-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Rivers isn't a Rookie QB. Granted he has only seen about as much playing time as a Rookie, but he has been in the league for quite a while now and will not be as succeptible to fallling under pressure as a typical rookie. He has been a part of big games before, even though he did not play in a lot of them--it will make him a little better.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Technically, Rivers isn't a rookie, but in reality he has only played one full season and hasn't had the pressure of a playoff game yet. QBs that haven't played in the playoffs before have a horrible track record in their first playoff game, and I think the experience of the Pats will be too much in the end. The Pats have been flying under the radar all season this year, they quietly have been one of the best and most consistent teams in the league. I'm sure they like it that no one really noticed and takes them for granted.t in the playoffs, I wouldn't bet against Brady and Belicheck.

Secret Turtle
01-12-2007, 02:57 AM
E-a-g-l-e-s!!!

Ki23lla
01-12-2007, 02:59 AM
I think San Diego or Baltimore

Buttcheeks
01-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I still gotta believe in my Bears. As long as Grossman plays mistake free and the defense plays like it has for 90% of the year they could do it. Now the big question mark is Grossman, will he be the piece of garbage Grossman or the Hero good game managing Grossman.

If it's not the Bears then i definately have to believe it will be the Chargers.

IMportdreams95
01-14-2007, 12:38 AM
OK want to go ahead and scratch off the Ravens now! yes sir. AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME HERE WE COME!

Shaaady Souljah
01-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Congrats to Manning & the Colts.

I did not see them defying so many odds like that, but the Colts D stepped up and shutdown the Ravens and Manning did not make any costly mistakes... that was a great game like i hoped.

PerpetualHeaven
01-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Indeed. I'm one of the 5 who voted for the Colts for the bowl and I think their defense has surpassed everyones beliefs. Shutting down Lewis and Johnson while having a season standing of 32nd in run defense is quite amazing.

Big step for the colts and hopefully they make it to the super bowl.

Nodogg
01-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Yep, we are one win shy of a dream, two wins shy of solidifying the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS dynasty!!

Darth Odan
01-14-2007, 04:36 AM
I was going for the Eagles, even though everyone thought Garcia wouldn't lead them to the Playoffs. He did, but sadly Eagles lost by three a few minutes ago. All my bets are for: COLTS!!! XD

Shaaady Souljah
01-14-2007, 05:18 AM
the AFC championship is going to be great, whether it be the Chargers or the Pats agains Indy.

Hopefully, the Bears or Saints (or Seahawks??!!) will provide a good Super Bowl against one of these teams...

Keep your eyes out for a new poll on Monday! ;)

bammargera5
01-14-2007, 05:33 AM
the guy above me is most likely retarded

Chi-gti 97
01-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Ok, im stuck.
1. Rooting for Patriots because i was born in New England. Portland Maine to be exact.
2. Rooting for the Seahawks because i served military time in Bremington Washington and took a bus from Seattle to
3. My home town of Chicago. So naturaly I am a Bears fan.

My ultimate dream is a 20 or so re-match of the 85-86 season.

The Chicago Bears vs. The New England Patriots.

Where the Bears will win again.

Ps. todays games were awesome. I give props to New Orleans for their victory over the Eagles:bow: .

graemelunn
01-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Being a Brit and therefore having limited NFL knowledge, I probably shouldn't comment, but I thought the New Orleans QB was awesome. Shame the Mrs wont let me watch tonights games... BOO!

IMportdreams95
01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
well well well... Looks like we have a few more upset fans. Looks like Indy has home field against the pats. Should be fun.

COLTS FTW!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/dr_z/11/09/ranks.week10.part1/tx_coltspats.jpg

Nodogg
01-15-2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.violetsportscards.com/brady%20sacked.jpg

THIS IS HOW WE IT!!!! TAKE THAT, TAKE THAT, TAKE THAT!!!

L3giOn
01-15-2007, 02:24 AM
As much as I want the Colts to win, I think the Chargers have the best team this year. I'm definitely pulling for the Colts all the way though.

Shaaady Souljah
01-15-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm not a Colts fan so to speak, but I do not like the Pats... so here ya go ;)

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1650/bestworkinpathetics8rc.png

Nodogg
01-15-2007, 02:26 AM
http://www.cowboysplus.com/images/11-06/1118coltsdef.jpg
Indianapolis Defense!!

Nodogg
01-15-2007, 02:27 AM
I'm not a Colts fan so to speak, but I do not like the Pats... so here ya go ;)

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/1650/bestworkinpathetics8rc.png

That's awesome!! I love it!!

IMportdreams95
01-15-2007, 04:00 AM
As much as I want the Colts to win, I think the Chargers have the best team this year. I'm definitely pulling for the Colts all the way though.

Best team doesn't always win the bowl. Colts have been the best team for the last 2-3 years ( as far as records, winning streak etc. just like the chargers.)

it seems its never the best team stat wise to win the bowl.

lets go blue.

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Ahh well too bad for the chargers. I just want the colts to get some sweet revenge on the pats.

Anyways, colts vs pats I think i'm going 24-14. Manning 2 TDs and Addai one also with a field goal. The Colts always lost to Patriots because Manning performs a lot better inside then outside. Now that Indy has homefield advantage, Manning is going to play on his turf for once and he's going to get sweet revenge. I see Addai having a fielding day for sure. LT is amazing yes and the patriots were weak against the run against the chargers. Also, the patriots can't seem to produce any running game at all and that's key to beating the Colts. Colts have been defending the run really well, but that'll always be the key to beating the colts.. rushing and the pats have none of it.

Alrighty then.. can't wait to see that game.

messym
01-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I see Addai having a fielding day for sure. LT is amazing yes and the patriots were weak against the run against the chargers. Also, the patriots can't seem to produce any running game at all and that's key to beating the Colts. Colts have been defending the run really well, but that'll always be the key to beating the colts.. rushing and the pats have none of it.

No one can stop LT. The guy is monster. The Patriots had the 5th best D against the rush this year. They were number 2 until week 17. Addai will due well if he runs to the outside. Many of LT's big gains were set up by the pass or to the outside. To beat the Pats you have to run to the outside. You can't run straight ahead against them. Any how this is the way that it should be Indy vs. Pats. It should be a good week. Congrats on the win. I think you guys did a hell of a job against the Ravens. Adam did it again! Best of luck and I think whoever wins will rep the AFC to the title again

Nodogg
01-15-2007, 09:16 PM
No one can stop LT. The guy is monster. The Patriots had the 5th best D against the rush this year. They were number 2 until week 17. Addai will due well if he runs to the outside. Many of LT's big gains were set up by the pass or to the outside. To beat the Pats you have to run to the outside. You can't run straight ahead against them. Any how this is the way that it should be Indy vs. Pats. It should be a good week. Congrats on the win. I think you guys did a hell of a job against the Ravens. Adam did it again! Best of luck and I think whoever wins will rep the AFC to the title again

So it pretty good that we use a lot of draws, screens and the outside strech plays. That coupled with our play action passes to our receiveing corps, I'm feeling pretty comfortable that Manning & company will be able to confuse the defense. The Pats have a good squad and are always dangerous in the playoffs, but heres the problem, the Colts 12th man is going to be so freaking loud your defense won't have a clue whats going on! Oh yea! Here we come baby!

messym
01-15-2007, 09:42 PM
We'll have to see. I doubt Indy will confuse the D. What I think you guys will do is stretch the field to open up the running game. As for home field advantage, the pats are 9-1 on the road this year and SD was 8-0 at home until yesterday.

Fonkey Monkey
01-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I got my money on the saints.

Nodogg
01-15-2007, 09:58 PM
We'll have to see. I doubt Indy will confuse the D. What I think you guys will do is stretch the field to open up the running game. As for home field advantage, the pats are 9-1 on the road this year and SD was 8-0 at home until yesterday.

I'd be willing to bet we confuse the D', it's not just about streching the field, it's about what you expect to get and what you actually get thrown at you. I can pretty much guess at this point there will be 2-3 big plays being set up in the first half and in the 3rd quarter you'll see a breakout play with either Reggie Wayne or Harrison going to the house with the long ball. :woop:

All of that said, I agree with you, I wouldn't want to get to the Super Bowl without having to go thru NE. It just doesn't seem right, I can't wait to send 'em home and move on to the big dance!!

babyfarmer
01-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Pats Saints Super Bowl.

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2007, 11:29 PM

Yeah the pats are awesome on the road, but Manning plays the best at home. If the game was in New England, I would be saying the pats would win but it isn't and that's why i'm 100% positive that the colts will win.

Brady is a clutch wonderboy so that's why i'm hoping the D does really well and keeps manning on the field. The longer you keep manning and his offense off the field, the easier it is to keep them from gaining a lot of momentum. The pats running was poor vs the chargers so hopefully they utilize the run more against the colts.