PDA

View Full Version : The unborn advert! ergh!

TOBY DA THUG
06-24-2009, 11:46 AM
anyone else having the problem of the advert taking over the whole page, and some links when u click on them taking you to play.com to buy the dvd? its doing my head in!

The Pants Party
06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Provide a screenshot or URL so we can have it removed from our ad package.

Genesis x360a
06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I have to agree it is pretty big and here's a screen shot of it,

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4684/unbornadd.jpg

Magic Coletrain
06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh yeah that just happened to me this like black smoke came across my page i was like "wtf?" so it's an advert fair enough

yeah it is kinda annoying

Deadly Moves
06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
WTH?! thats huge?! i havent seen it though.

Alfman1
06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I was just about to complain about this :P

I literally click it everytime its up just because its SO freaking big..

TOBY DA THUG
06-24-2009, 09:23 PM
haha genisis, dont think you could of caught that any better lol

Barry619
07-03-2009, 04:52 AM
I don't use the forum much but always use this site for the news, and yes i was just coming to complain about this advert aswell, i understand not alot will get done as it's how you make your revenue, but seriously this ad is way over the top, if you a move your cursor over the small ad, which must take up nearly 1/4 of your browser, then the thing opens too full screen and is just damn annoying and intrusive! Also this is a 18 rated horror film, while i don't care because it just looks like some awful CGI, to a little kid wanting innocently looking up some Xbox information the advert could actually be quiet terrifying!

To see the add just go on your homepage, i must litually have had it about 50% of the time i've been on this website in the last week or so.

X monkfish69 X
07-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Ok, it's a big advert, but adverts are designed to grab your attention and it certainly has grabbed peoples attention. I accidentally clicked on it once and yes it did take me to Play.com. I soon rectified that though by hitting the back button...

All you have to do to avoid the advert appearing is to not put your mouse pointer over the advert and it will leave you alone.

I agree though that certain parts of the trailer could be scary for kids, but if it says 18 certificate on it, most kids would leave well alone wouldn't they ?

Just my opinion....

x 19 Luke 87 x
07-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Im sure it took me to play without me even clicking it. Weird.

Rickt
07-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Im sure it took me to play without me even clicking it. Weird.

Has happened to me, three or four times. Then again I hate them Gamernook adverts, I still prefer this one over them.