PDA

View Full Version : 20 online matches played Achievement question

Rodney
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I've been trying for hours to get this achievement. Currently I have 25 matches won and 22 lost. This is spread across Pro Face-Off, Face-Off, Band vs Band and Battles, and spread across guitar and drums. I have also been playing on both hard and expert.

Does anyone know if rounds you play against the same person without quitting in between are counted as seperate matches, or as one single match? Also, does it matter what instrument and difficulty I play on? Anyone have a surefire way to get this achievement?

Dazz
06-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Only counts as one match when it says one person won, multiple goes of a certain song don't count as separate battles (be awesome if it did though, playing Machine Head nonstop for at least 30 minutes with the speed getting faster and faster until the other guy lost was awesome).

How many people quit on ya though? Cause I was surprised at how quickly I got this one due to that mostly so might be just a couple off getting it anyway.

Rodney
06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. It shouldn't matter whether it's battles or Face-Off, right?

I understand multiple parts of one battle don't count, but I actually meant to ask whether it counts as a finished match when you return to the menu after a song and can select 'continue to setlist' or 'quit match'. If you select continue, the 'match' technically is not yet over since no one quit. I kinda thought that might be the problem cause I played like 8 songs in a row against the same guy without quitting.

I guess I'll just keep on playing battles since that's how most people seem to have unlocked it.

Dazz
06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah battles, Face Off, all counts as an online match so you could do 10 of one, 10 of the other and achievement unlocked.

Second part, yeah it still counts, only time I played 2 songs in a row with one person was when I first got online before I realised I could quit and play someone else so yeah, whether you continue to setlist or quit once a song's over, doesnt matter, long as you win/lose 20 matches it counts man.

wolvieware
06-28-2009, 10:10 PM
I've played over 20 matches of this online now, but still not achievement. I've been doing pro face off, and continuing to set list when a song is over, mostly. I don't reckon the continues count, if they did, I should have it by now. Next time I play, I'll try quitting after every song.

bakum4tsu
06-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Just keep playing and it should pop up. Aparently, is more than 20 games. Mine did after a while.

wolvieware
06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah, its really starting to hack me off now. Did another 15 tonight, and still nothing. Did I read it right above that if you repeat a song, it doesn't count towards the 20? It has to be 20 DIFFERENT songs? Maybe I'll try that next time. I tend to shuffle through my few favourite songs.

bakum4tsu
06-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Try different songs, it might work.

wolvieware
06-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I give up. Did another 10 matches tonight, battles, different songs - still nothing.

I've never known GH to have a glitched achievement. Very disappointed with it.

I like playing the game online, but I'm not going to keep going indefinitely, I've got other things to be playing.

Cissnei
06-30-2009, 10:40 PM
I unlocked it yesterday without any problems exactly after 20 played battles. You have to make sure you play only 1 song per opponent and then quit the match. It seems multiple songs per person don't count for it.

Oh and pretty much every single GH game has glitchy achievements, with GH 3 being the worst ;).

wolvieware
07-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I've never had an achievement not pop in GH when I should have got one. (But then GH3 was so rock hard, I probably never could have got them anyway!)

This is the first time one hasn't - I've done all permutations - 20 different matches, 20 different people, 20 different songs. As I say, though, I give up. I'm fed up with playing this game online. It's great, but some of the songs go on forever - and when playing a battle, you sometimes have to play the same song more than once!!! :D

Cissnei
07-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Well, what stats does community.guitarhero.com show?

KewlBrettC
07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
i've done more then 50 myself, and still NO achievement. I think some are having issues with it

KIDDRAGON67
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
i swaer it's glitched, check your GH Metallica Win/loss ratio at www.guitarhero.com

heres mine and i don't have it http://community.guitarhero.com/accounts/search?slot_search=1&game=metallica&query=a+fus1on+coil&commit=SEARCH

Cissnei
07-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, that's really strange. Maybe try to contact them? It's obvious you should have unlocked it.
I guess I really got lucky to unlock it exactly after 20 games.