PDA

View Full Version : Winningtons semi glitched?

capthorp
06-25-2009, 12:38 AM
So, I play a game of sliders and win. Hmmmm....no achievement. So I continue to play and win 7 more games. Hmmmm...still no achievement.
So I sign in with my sons GT and play a game and win....and KA-POW....achievement.
I tried this with my daughters account as well and guess what...yup...she got the achievement as well, further adding to my diappointment and frustration with this stupid achievement.
So I ask, has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how do you rectify it?I know that a couple of buddies have had this issue on other games in the Family Game Night package but never me. I thought about clearing my cache, and possibly deleting my save games, however I am not sure what to delete from the game night entry under memory on my console.
Thoughts?

T0b3
06-25-2009, 08:57 AM
There are some games for the Family Game Night have achievements which instantly unlock and then there are.. these glitchy piles of crap.

Most of the time, the achievements finally popped after I clicked around in Leaderboards/Trophies/Stats.. but sometimes it didn't. Funny thing is, one achievement actually popped when I started a completely different game in the Family Game Night.

This is so weird. And I suppose EA doesn't give a damn about it as long as everyone pays their 800 points. That makes me really angry.

porkchop547
06-25-2009, 01:34 PM
i got the same problem it wont unlock for me but when i use a different account it unlocks

capthorp
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
So thinking that maybe i'd wait until i completed the game, I just got the 20 wins in sliders and still no Winningtons achievement. The 20 wins one popped no problem....grrrrrrr....gotta save off the files and then delete from hdd and see if that makes a difference.

gamergirl11
06-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone have an update on how to fix this? I'm having the same problem...no winningtons achievment....

OneSweetShannon
06-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately these games seem to be glitchy for some. Here's how I answered this same question over on another sub-forum:

There are a couple methods have worked for others trying to unlock the achievements --

1) Simply go out to where you can view your trophies and look at your stats. Just doing this has popped some achievements others earned that weren't cooperating.

2) Delete your gamesave (back up to a memory card if you have one) and start a fresh game to re-earn them. This way has a high success rate (actually, I haven't heard it fail anyone yet) but if you don't back up your save you could lose progress and in-game trophies and items on any of the other games you've played. If you don't have a memory card, you'd just have to replay for the in-game items (if you care about them, you may not.) More detail in this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136142 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136142)

Too late for this one that's giving you problems, but for future reference...

3) If you have *just* done what you needed to earn the achievement, finished the game and it doesn't pop, immediately hit your guide button and go to view your achievements for the game -- when you exit back out, the achievement may pop. I had a couple that I was expecting to pop, wondered if I missed them so I checked on them in this manner, and they popped when I exited out. I also read several other people got them to pop this way. You just have to do it right away.

capthorp
06-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Anyone have an update on how to fix this? I'm having the same problem...no winningtons achievment....

I just copied my save data from Family Game Night from my hdd to my memory card and replayed one game and it popped up tonite.
Just copy the save data with your profile name on it to your memory card and you should be good to go.
Then once the achievement unlocks, copy the save data from the memory card back to the Hdd and continue on.

gamergirl11
06-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately these games seem to be glitchy for some. Here's how I answered this same question over on another sub-forum:

Thank you for the tips! I will try this when I get home from work tonight :)