PDA

View Full Version : A button for spoiler tags?

True I Skill
06-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Im not sure if i've posted this before or if i was thinking of it, then forgot to post it.
But anyway i Always forget what to type in to make a spoiler tag, So i just Use ***Spoilers*** But then i still got in trouble for that without even knowing about spoiler tags

anyway i think alot more people incuding me will Use spoiler tags if a button was to be made Next to the quote one or somthing. Just highlight the text click the tag button, and then inset the random numbers into where they need to be put.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, Or it can already be done some how,
But it would help if it was their to make things alot quicker, instead of having to find that tread that explains it that i fail'd at doing it on after reading through twice D;

Cissnei
06-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I still don't know how do make the spoilers, which is a bummer. A button for it would be really nice.

BarbaricGoose
06-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I still don't know how do make the spoilers, which is a bummer. A button for it would be really nice.

A button would be a great!

To answer your question; to add spoiler tags, type: [ Spoiler=option ]Your message here[ /spoiler ]

Just remove the spaces between the brackets. :)

dakisbac
06-25-2009, 11:01 AM
There's a sticky in the FAQ section that covers this... there's no reason someone that's been a member here for a year still doesn't know how.

Admittedly, a button to automate the process would be grand, but so would buttons for URL tags, IMG tags, etc

Cissnei
06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
There's a sticky in the FAQ section that covers this... there's no reason someone that's been a member here for a year still doesn't know how.

Admittedly, a button to automate the process would be grand, but so would buttons for URL tags, IMG tags, etc

Those buttons are already there in the advanced reply window. The only one that misses is the spoiler tag.
And yeah, I didn't know how to do it. I might have read it some months ago, but I really can't memorize it, if it was only [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] than maybe, but I'm sure I'm going to spell this one wrong.

dakisbac
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh, haha. I always use quickpost so I wouldn't know.

The spoiler tag is like the URL tag. (spoiler=whatever)(/spoiler)

I'll use '321' as the whatever area for this:

I am awesome

Now if you were to use the same code (321) you'd also have a button open/closing my spoiler no matter what you had between the tags

Cissnei
06-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Ahh okay now I get it, that's not so confusing as I thought.

test

But yeah, a button would be easier, because I don't think I'm the only person being too stupid to understand it:(

hehe^^

AOS Puck
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM

Geez, you would think that someone who has been here for two years would know that. ;)