PDA

View Full Version : This is the worst war game ever.

powerslayer67
01-06-2007, 02:44 AM
After all my sweating bullets of playing this game on veteran, with terrible physics and poor AI. i finally beat the game. And I didn't get my grizzled veteran achievement. Words cannot describe how pissed off I am right now. I should sell this piece of shit and I swear to never buy another call of duty game. EVER.

Shaaady Souljah
01-06-2007, 04:16 AM
can you name a better war game? just curious... cuz i personally thought the COD series was the best i played.

getting screwed on achievements sucks, but i wouldn't call the game terrible or the worst ever. it felt very much like real war to me--but i have never actually experienced it in person, so i wouldn't know for sure.

maybe someone can offer advice on how to get your achievement??? or try reloading a past save or mission...

Darth Odan
01-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Ugh, this game is the WORST World War Two game. It cannot even reach the mere level of attempting to be Historically accurate. Are you to tell me, a man can survive a Bolt Action Riffle [Kar 98 and Sniper] to the chest? You are to tell me, that the American Army had the big Stielhandgrenete? Or that the German Wehrmach had the puny small grenades? Again, you are to tell me a Sherman tank could match a Tiger tank? [Yes the German tank looks like a Tiger, not a Panzer.]

Treyarch should die for this game. Infinity Ward did a Fantastic Job on Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. Their concern was historical accuracy and to show the players a good and educational time. Treyarch on the other hand, wanted to do a Battlefield type of game where they can screw up the facts and later blame the people's connections for any problem that happens online.

Shaaady Souljah
01-06-2007, 04:33 AM
the historical accuracy would be a nice touch, but i do not think it hinders the gameplay at all. personally, i don't mind if i am using the wrong weapons...maybe i found it on the ground ;)

graphics, gameplay, FUN. that what matters to me... but i can see where you are coming from...

Day of Reckoning
01-06-2007, 08:59 AM
I understand the bitterness about the historical part being messed up. But this is just a video game that is based off World War II 'style' fighting.

As far as the Grizzled Veteran award, you must start a new single player game from the beginning on veteran and continue on that game until you are done. You can't play each one individually. I'm not saying you did this, just a bit of info for you in case that's what happened.

Secret Turtle
01-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I can name a WW2 game better than this: Brothers in Arms. The new one probably will blow everything out of the water.

zebatov
01-10-2007, 01:12 PM
can you name a better war game? just curious... cuz i personally thought the COD series was the best i played.

getting screwed on achievements sucks, but i wouldn't call the game terrible or the worst ever. it felt very much like real war to me--but i have never actually experienced it in person, so i wouldn't know for sure.

maybe someone can offer advice on how to get your achievement??? or try reloading a past save or mission...

This game DID suck ass. Treyarch did a horrible job. It definitely made it harder to beat veteran when your dude humps every second tree/tire/object you run by. On top of that, they REALLY need to change the fact that when there are 40000000000 guys in front of you, you're the one getting shot. Fuck Treyarch for making such a shitty game. For the love of Christ, turn it back to Infinity Ward.

dnut24
01-10-2007, 01:23 PM
i can name a better one, well WW2, didnt take place though. Resistance fall of Man.

i havent played COD#, but after COD3 thats all i could take in that genre.

Darth Odan
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Call of Duty, the original was awesome, the best World War Two game to date. Infinity Ward should be the ONLY company to make Call of Duty. End of story.

coolwhitedeluxe
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
infinity ward > treyarch

COD3 is a giant letdown after COD2, this game could've been so much better. and so many people were looking forward to it! it had huge potential but, in the end, it's total rubbish. i'll probably still try to hammer out most of the achievements though...

I N64 I MaRiO
01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Call of Duty, the original was awesome, the best World War Two game to date. Infinity Ward should be the ONLY company to make Call of Duty. End of story.
Brothers in arms.... i do like call of duty but i think BiA is slightly better.. cause you get to play american the whole time...(not being racist against all the other nations but im just saying... i dont have to remember anyone elses names:) )

Secret Turtle
01-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Haha I agree... I hate having to remember like 5 guys names.

Norad45
01-11-2007, 04:52 AM
I like the COD series. Online for 3 seams much better then 2, except for ranked matches. Its a pain in the ass to even get into a match. But player matches are still fun as hell. I liked the single player, but Veterin is pretty dam gay when your getting shot through walls and trees. But I still think its an alright game. Cant wait till MOH:Airborne though

ghostman14
01-11-2007, 05:00 AM
I agree, I had it for PS3 and returned it in a matter of days......wasted my money!

Enter Name Here
01-12-2007, 11:19 PM
C'mon, the PS3 isn't *that* bad. Granted, the online play isn't very good, and there's not much of a game selection at the moment, and it's not worth $600 (or even $500), but it's not awful or anything. Someday, prolly late this year, it'll be worth owning. I hope. 'Cause otherwise I wasted $600 last month. :P

wackysplash
01-13-2007, 06:45 AM
C'mon, the PS3 isn't *that* bad. Granted, the online play isn't very good, and there's not much of a game selection at the moment, and it's not worth $600 (or even $500), but it's not awful or anything. Someday, prolly late this year, it'll be worth owning. I hope. 'Cause otherwise I wasted $600 last month. :P
he isn't saying that he returned his PS3, he is saying that he returned the game......

Gixah
01-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't even know where to begin with Call of Duty 3. Treyarch should just put out a press release saying that they only worked on the game for one week, tops.

What's the point of Aiming Down the Sight if your bullet doesn't even make a German flinch, let alone kill him? For some reason, even if your shot is dead in center, you're bound to miss him. I guess Hitler had the case of Super Soldier Serum after all.

Ally AI is a joke, end of story. I can't count how many times the "sarge" has charged down a valley and aimed his rifle directly at a firing enemy without firing a round himself! WTF?

This is just a personal pet peeve, but I play Call of Duty for the battlefield scenarios, the huge campaigns, etc. I don't need any of that French Resistance crap. Medal of Honor: Underground was terrible enough.

None of that sums up my biggest complaint about CoD3: the game seems to depict all soldiers as whiny idiots who find the war to be one big practical joke. How do you turn the biggest war in history into a Saturday morning cartoon? Treyarch certainly found a way. The moronic voice acting doesn't help.

That's why I really liked CoD2. Albeit the subject matter, it treated it as respectfully as the videogame medium could. There was characterization, yet masked in the soldiers' anonymity. I actually marveled that these ment went through these campaigns in real life. How could I care watching the soldiers of CoD3? I can't.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Band of Brothers marathon I just had. I've always meant to check those Brothers in Arms games out, too. I would honestly stop playing, but the Achievements are easy enough to unlock; afterwards this sucker is collecting dust until Infinity Ward get off their asses again.

coolwhitedeluxe
01-23-2007, 02:40 AM
wow, i'm pretty sure i agree with every single word in the last post. well said.

NevEP
01-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Agreed. As of right now I'm contemplating turning this game in for Battle for Middle Earth II. I'm slowly starting to realize that no patch can fix all the problems of this game, let alone the fact that it is the 5th cousin of the bastard child of COD2.

Fonkey Monkey
01-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Alright between this and the tomb raider thread, the topic creators make me sick.
What are you guys going to do when you actually play a crappy game?:rolleyes:

I N64 I MaRiO
01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Alright between this and the tomb raider thread, the topic creators make me sick.
*sigh* complain about how bad the crap game is....
i dont know why but some people LIKE me enjoy this game.. and some dont.. we shouldnt really complain lifes a girl, F*** it ( my motto wanted to say it in real life but never get the chance so imma here:) )

invincible rob
01-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Probably say It's the best game ever
Like "OMG have you played King Kong its like so the most Pwnage on the 360"

Wooden Foot
01-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Should I get this game? i really didnt like Call of Duty 2 that much but W/E...

I N64 I MaRiO
01-26-2007, 09:19 PM
hells yea i like it.. but i woodent ( haha get it wood? ) suggest it over games like Rainbow 6 or others..... but its a nice try and partially easy 400-500 gs

|oneyedNewb|
01-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Call of duty 3 isn't as good as COD2 as the acheivements are somewhat impossible. but the game i think is still fantastic with the atmosphere...
:uzi: It's one of (what i think) the best WW2 games of all time. :drunk

Sgt GK
01-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I can name a WW2 game better than this: Brothers in Arms. The new one probably will blow everything out of the water.

I agree. The new Brother's in Arms looks a lot better and seems like it has a better storyline.

Layser
01-29-2007, 11:57 PM
First off how can you say a game is crap because of it's achievements? And second yes COD2 was a brilliant game but it is a game... Therefor using a german rifle may not be accurate but it is in a game. You all seem to have the same problem.. You find COD3 too hard therefor the game is crap? Personally COD2 Was hard, COD3 is really easy mainly cause you don't have loads of grenades thrown at you at every corner and if you do get a grenade at your feet... you just pick it up and throw it back.

As with the aiming again you wanted realism? You pick up a rifle, line up the sights and see if you hit something 200 yards away. You might but alot of factors determine it... And you will never hit anything with a machine gun... They were never meant to be accurate.

If you find the game hard then practise, aiming is stupidly easy in this one, just treat your enemy with some respect... if your stood infront of him then yes you may die... you have a much better chance if you just stay back and try take them out at range. And your team mates might suck ass but so what? You want to stay behind that rock and let them do all the fighting?

The trick is speed... take down those few germans and push forward before they re-inforce, your team mates will follow you and it helps rather than sitting somewhere for ages hoping the germans will get bored.

If you want historical accuracy read a book, If you wanted to play a game then play a game... It's a 'Game'. Games are meant to be fun and playable.

It's not perfect and not as good as COD2 but it's still a good game.

/Rant over

Shankmasterflex
02-01-2007, 12:51 AM
so basically my idea is that the first player is fun the first time but when your trying to get achievements and the veteran is like retarded because all your AI do is wait for you "break the ice" and then get shot alot is just annoying.

also, the cutscenes are HORRIFIC!! there too long, unskippable, pointless, and have bad voice acting!

also you cant possibly get all the achievements cause ranked matches? "whats that" says treyarch!!!

CryingHero
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Ugh, this game is the WORST World War Two game. It cannot even reach the mere level of attempting to be Historically accurate. Are you to tell me, a man can survive a Bolt Action Riffle [Kar 98 and Sniper] to the chest? You are to tell me, that the American Army had the big Stielhandgrenete? Or that the German Wehrmach had the puny small grenades? Again, you are to tell me a Sherman tank could match a Tiger tank? [Yes the German tank looks like a Tiger, not a Panzer.]

Treyarch should die for this game. Infinity Ward did a Fantastic Job on Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. Their concern was historical accuracy and to show the players a good and educational time. Treyarch on the other hand, wanted to do a Battlefield type of game where they can screw up the facts and later blame the people's connections for any problem that happens online.

Yes a man can survive a shot to the chest from a Kar98, The American Army had the small "pineapple" grenades and the Germans the Stielhandgrenates not the other way around, and yes a Sherman can match a Tiger depending on hows the fight is being played.

Other than that I think that Treyarch did a great job on this game, stuck true to most of Infinity's original aspects and introduced alot of what fans were looking for.

CoD3 is by no means the best in the series but by no means the worst. All of the games have their good and bad points, just some more than others.

CryingHero
02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I agree. The new Brother's in Arms looks a lot better and seems like it has a better storyline.

Sorry for the bad double post but storyline?!!! Come on their based on real life events......WWII. Events in CoD 2 and CoD3 are from veteran accounts of what happened not some made up bull..

Felagund
04-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Worst game ever? Clearly, you've not played Nightcaster ;)

badgerodoom
04-29-2007, 08:21 PM
I understand the bitterness about the historical part being messed up. But this is just a video game that is based off World War II 'style' fighting.

As far as the Grizzled Veteran award, you must start a new single player game from the beginning on veteran and continue on that game until you are done. You can't play each one individually. I'm not saying you did this, just a bit of info for you in case that's what happened.

this happened to me too... so i have to play through it again if i didnt get it? that is complete bs if you ask me...

|oneyedNewb|
05-06-2007, 03:49 PM
after playing this game last night! i have got to say i take back everything i said bout the game! the gameplay is great! the graphics and i also like the story behind it! still a great WW2 game! not as good as COD 2 but is very close!

angry
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I think the game is awsome i like the COD games and i cannot wait for COD4 to be rlsed. ;)

sixfootshark
06-10-2007, 06:11 PM
this happened to me too... so i have to play through it again if i didnt get it? that is complete bs if you ask me...

Same here - just completed Veteran Single-Player campaign and no satisfying *bloop* "Achievement Unlocked".

Royally p1ssed off. Especially since some of the levels were fvcking ridiculously frustrating! (iron ore factory with the furnaces anyone?)

I started the campaign as veteran and played through to the end by selecting "Continue from last.." every time I played.

At first I thought it was because I wasn't connected to Live when I finished it. So I loaded from the last checkpoint and replayed the stupid final act (home invasion, snipe the mortar crews, attack armored cars with PaK43, shoot tanks until air support arrives) while connected to Live.

Still no joy.

I won't buy a Treyarch game again. I only bought this one because I enjoyed the COD and COD2. Fvcktards.

Sticking with the theme of WWII shooters: Does anyone know if the Medal of Honor games are better? I've played the PC versions and liked them.

UNDERWALLY
06-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Agree.. STORYLINES? Obviously is based on real events. Or you havent heard abount WWII?

Spades12321
06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Call of Duty 3 > Call of Duty 2.

Call of Duty 2 was the biggest let down for me personally, I cant believe I actually completed that game.

Roflcoptered
06-17-2007, 10:48 PM
give it time or get another achievement on it. this is how it is with achievements sometimes. i know someone who had to get 10300 kills b4 his GoW achievement appeared. plus just blame treyarch because CoD 3 is a piece of crap game CoD 4 will be good though

CoolioDude
06-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Seriously, what's so bad about this game? I play it every day, and I still think it's great! Sure the achievements suck, but otherwise the gameplay is great and realistic!

Can't wait for Call of Duty 4, though...

BurgerNipples
06-18-2007, 05:43 PM
COD 3 is not better then Cod 2

I think in Cod 3 there is a lack of weapon choice, Axis are rubbish and the game lags to much.

Not to sure about Cod 4 think they have lost there way a bit.

Still best ar game on 360