PDA

View Full Version : A little addition to the roadmap to make your journey easier

KIDDRAGON67
06-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Well what i'm saying here is with the roadmap they should add "Does DLC help with the origanal 1000gs?"

e.g Fallout 3
Nuka Cola Challenge: Collect 30 nuka cola quantums
For all thos people who have attempted this you know how long it takes to get them all right but with the Broken Steel DLC their is a perk which

*SPOILER*
Converts every 10 nuka cola into 1 quantum
*SPOILER OVER*

who likes the little idea to help with roadmaps? i know this wont help EVERY game but it will help some.

p.s sorry i don't know how to do a spoiler tag, if someone could show me it will be greatly appreciated

Ingles
06-25-2009, 04:01 PM
That sounds cool and all but what I'm most curious about is, what happens when a game gets DLC? Will we need to update the original roadmap with strategy and tips for acquiring the achievements the quickest, only with DLC now taken into account? I'll ask Method.

Maybe add "Does game have DLC content? Yes/No" or something as simple along those lines.

KIDDRAGON67
06-25-2009, 04:10 PM
That sounds cool and all but what I'm most curious about is, what happens when a game gets DLC? Will we need to update the original roadmap with strategy and tips for acquiring the achievements the quickest, only with DLC now taken into account? I'll ask Method.

Maybe add "Does game have DLC content? Yes/No" or something as simple along those lines.

i see what you mean, i'd say add a DLC roadmap to it which says "while doing this DLC you can obatin the "insertachievment" with this method before writing the roadmap.

dakisbac
06-25-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm kind of in the middle. While there are games like that- off the top of my head I can think of Mirror's Edge and Fable 2- you've got to remember that most games don't even have any DLC at all. And most of the ones that do have their own separate achievements

kaleido42
06-25-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm kind of in the middle. While there are games like that- off the top of my head I can think of Mirror's Edge and Fable 2- you've got to remember that most games don't even have any DLC at all. And most of the ones that do have their own separate achievements

Agreed. What I imagine the initial response will be (as it is with most things:p) is that if this is relevant to each game in question then it should be included into the bulk of the roadmap anyways (sorry for wording it bad, I'm sure someone else will do a better job of it).

The Pants Party
06-25-2009, 06:05 PM
I'd say little tidbits like that would be better suited for the body of the achievement guide, inside the relative achievement. Just mention that if you have "XXX" piece of DLC, using it will make the achievement easier. Unless the DLC completely changes the way the game is played (like if there were a God Mode DLC or something), it shouldn't affect the road maps.

As for updating road maps, we can always include DLC in them and people can find the best way to incorporate it for each game.

colmotoole2
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I did that with my Rock Band 2 road map. I put that the DLC unlocks new challenges so you can get the Challenge Savant achievement easier. Check it out