PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

xX MaslaN Xx
01-06-2007, 05:22 AM
OK I just wanted to know how is this powered?

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Now is a good time to check out the other components of the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel, besides the wheel and pedal set, as I’m all about saving the best for last (thanks for the inspiration V. Williams). The power supply is of top-notch quality. It includes a separate power cable (easily replaceable if need be), and the boxed transformer is designed to sit on the floor, which means no big chunk taking up your precious power strip real estate. You’ll also find what looks to be a regular phone cable (the cool kids call it an RJ-11) which connects the wheel and foot pedal unit together, and two AA batteries. Energizer - not the barely-alkaline pieces of dung that come with most electronics.

So, some of you may be wondering what all of these cables are about if the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel has the word “wireless” in its title. The "force" of force feedback needs the juice of a 110 outlet; not the power contained in two AA or a small ni-mh pack. If you could care less about feedback, then you can disconnect the power supply and game where you please, but the foot pedals will still be tethered to the wheel no matter what. The good news in all of this is that there are options for just about everybody. If you always game with force feedback, the unit will run off of AC power and there’s no need for batteries or a rechargeable pack. If you go wireless and choose to use a 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack, simply plugging in the AC adapter will charge the pack (and charging doesn’t interfere with force feedback). And if you just want to use the batteries, well, they’re Energizers, and they keep going, and going, and going ad infinitum.

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/xbox-360/69/Xbox-360-Wireless-Racing-Wheel/p2/

xX MaslaN Xx
01-06-2007, 05:32 AM
yea thanks....

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Do you get it now or... would you like me to find you something better?

slowpantz
01-06-2007, 04:36 PM
I have the racing wheel and it is powered by the same battery pack as the controllers or you can plug it in. :)
Hope this helped.

xX MaslaN Xx
01-06-2007, 08:50 PM
I have the racing wheel and it is powered by the same battery pack as the controllers or you can plug it in. :)
Hope this helped.
Thats what I was looking for thanks :D