PDA

View Full Version : Reviews

k_dog
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I was wondering if you (In general) were ever considering a separate section for this. I am frequently writing reviews on games the are, for the most part, unbiased, insightfull and very usfull as far as reference goes. I have recieved much positive feedback for my reviews. I realize that our members could just simply search google for this but what fun would that be? It attracts more forum poulation, makes finding a good review easier to find and gives me somewhere to post my insights.

This is just something I was contemplating today as I watch Verizon Wireless aquire a new Kiosk. hmph..

I want a new Kiosk...

Any feedback would be appriciated. Thanks.

-Brian

killerjt
02-20-2006, 06:31 PM
We have talked abought this, but there are hundres of sites out there that do reviews. We did not want to junk up the site with stuff that we could not do as well as IGN or GameSpot. This is why we have chosen to do achievement tips and not reviews. We want to do stuff with this site that the big boys are not doing. We do not want to junk up the site.

k_dog
02-20-2006, 06:54 PM
We have talked abought this, but there are hundres of sites out there that do reviews.  We did not want to junk up the site with stuff that we could not do as well as IGN or GameSpot.  This is why we have chosen to do achievement tips and not reviews.  We want to do stuff with this site that the big boys are not doing.  We do not want to junk up the site.

I don't really follow your reasoning as to how it would "junk up" the site...

You use the justification that the big boys are doing it, then you degrade the idea by saying it doesnt look right. If this is the case, are IGN and Gamespot editors "Junking up" their site?

-Brian

TheIcemanCometh
02-20-2006, 10:29 PM
This site isn't a "general" gaming site - it's specifically geared towards achievements for 360 games. We felt that there are plenty of other sites out there that people can go to for general reviews and other information that people would read in order to decide to buy a game. Because we're geared towards achievements, we felt that it was better to provide tips and reviews as they relate to achievements. If you would be willing to write articles or reviews slanted towards the collecting of achievements, we'd be more than happy to accept them - don't get us wrong. ;D

We're trying to fill a "niche" corner of the market - something that very few have done yet. We're trying to blaze some trails - not use the ones that are already there.

Hope this helps.

Minty
02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
yeah, the big sites get the games to preview- we dont yet (one day maybe lol)

like Ice says, there for the games, were for the points

scoobydiesel
02-21-2006, 02:08 AM
i like to review stuff but games are little harder to review(matter what format) but yeah right now we should stick with how to get achievements