PDA

View Full Version : ls it Dieing?

Smokez
01-06-2007, 05:58 AM
lve been freezing more then often on Saints Row Lately and Everytime i turn on my 360 its starting to take longer to start up. It sits on that xbox360 screen for like a minutes and then when i go to play a game it says "Unplayable Disc". l Really hope its not Dieing bc if it does die its gonna take me like 2 months to get it fixed bc i leave Tuesday.

Soo Whats the Prognosis Doc

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Have you tried other games?

Myncy
01-06-2007, 06:23 AM
1. Is your system horozontal or verticle?

2. Have you tried any other games? Without any in?

3. Do you have Xbox Live?

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 06:24 AM
1. Is your system horozontal or verticle?

2. Have you tried any other games? Without any in?

3. Do you have Xbox Live?

1. it doesn't matter

2. that's would I would like to know

3. xbox live doesn't make a difference if your console is freezing

Smokez
01-06-2007, 06:26 AM
1. Verticle

2. Yes

3. Yes

And it also did it when i froze on the guide during Nhl

Myncy
01-06-2007, 06:31 AM
I have found from personal experience that if you change the position and continue playing, it can slow down. I don't mean in the middle of the game though. Like, using it verticaly, turning it off, putting it horozontal, then playing again.

Also, since I got xbox live, it has taken longer to start up (I'm set on auto-login).

Have you tried something on the HD, like an arcade game or a trailer?

Smokez
01-06-2007, 06:32 AM
im set to auto login and set to run the dashboard instead of a game and it cant read the disc when it starts up so it says unplayable

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I have found from personal experience that if you change the position and continue playing, it can slow down. I don't mean in the middle of the game though. Like, using it verticaly, turning it off, putting it horozontal, then playing again.

Also, since I got xbox live, it has taken longer to start up (I'm set on auto-login).

Have you tried something on the HD, like an arcade game or a trailer?

If you've kept your console a certain way for too long, the gears rotate a certain way. When you change the position, it could be worse for your system then better.

Anyways, smoke if you've tried different games and it's still no working I suggest an instant repair.

PerpetualHeaven
01-06-2007, 06:48 AM
im set to auto login and set to run the dashboard instead of a game and it cant read the disc when it starts up so it says unplayable

It's probably just your drive or the laser. I'm assuming your CDs are in really good conidition, so it must be that. There's no real fix to it if it still hasn't worked for how long.

Smokez
01-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Well these 2 Discs are pretty bad. Whoever had them before me from GameFly damaged them pretty bad and im gonna report them damaged as soon as im done so i dont get charged

Myncy
01-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Hmm...I'm wondering. Can you try using a music CD or DVD on it?

PerpetualHeaven
01-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Well these 2 Discs are pretty bad. Whoever had them before me from GameFly damaged them pretty bad and im gonna report them damaged as soon as im done so i dont get charged

Have you tried any of your own games? Maybe a game that's in pretty good condition? See I have the problem with games like that. If they're really scratched (like Tiger Woods I rented the other day) my console freezes at certain loading points.

Fonkey Monkey
01-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Uh uh........:(
My 360 is now making these rattling noises, and is currently stuck at the green loadup screen for about 6 mins now...
And everytime ive played it this week its extremely loud, like as loud as when you first turn a computer on and the fans start going, its like that, but constantly.
*sigh*:(

Smokez
01-09-2007, 12:33 AM
my WWE games works perfect and my GoW thats absoluty trashed(looks like someone took it to the cemment and dragged it along) works also. But only the games that are scratched really bad mess up when i go to the guide

ALso i cant tell if my 360 is making noises bc i have mini fan that works great behind it that always on when my 360 is

ContrastElement
01-09-2007, 02:14 AM
my WWE games works perfect and my GoW thats absoluty trashed(looks like someone took it to the cemment and dragged it along) works also. But only the games that are scratched really bad mess up when i go to the guide

ALso i cant tell if my 360 is making noises bc i have mini fan that works great behind it that always on when my 360 is

ya smokez when i first got gow almost everytime i went to the guide it froze about halfway back to the game, its better now and never freezes:woop:

xXx Rubber Duck
01-09-2007, 02:26 AM
For your games that don't worked that are scratched is b/c the scratch just has to be in the right spot and it will mess up.

PerpetualHeaven
01-09-2007, 03:33 AM
If your 360 isn't plugged directly into the wall, maybe you can try that? I don't know just throwing something out there.

blum3
01-11-2007, 04:27 AM
Sucks to hear that. If it keeps acting up you should try to get ahold of support just to be safe.

o Machamp o
01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
If your going away in say a week, call MS, pray you dont get something like what i had to go thru, and get a new one. They do it fo foree.

BTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW: Micky James, is hot. And I have some pictures that may intrest you hint hint wink wink

Smokez
01-12-2007, 08:07 AM
If your going away in say a week, call MS, pray you dont get something like what i had to go thru, and get a new one. They do it fo foree.

BTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW: Micky James, is hot. And I have some pictures that may intrest you hint hint wink wink

Probly already gottem :)

o Machamp o
01-12-2007, 11:24 AM
These, probably not:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Smokez
01-12-2007, 06:47 PM
l Garuntee l do. l have almost every single Diva's Pictures. l Go toa Wrestling site and it has them all

blum3
01-15-2007, 02:53 AM
care to share the site? pm me or something..

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2007, 03:20 PM
For all the people who need to fix their 360s here is a step by step solution :

1. Open your 360 and pour water into it.
2. Find the tallest building in your area.
3. Take your 360 along with you to the roof of that building>
4. Throw the 360 off the roof and jump down after it.
5. If this doesnt work try calling customer service.
6. Problem solved.:woop:

highpass
01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I've followed all the points up until number 4. Should I be holding the 360 as I jump or should it be thrown seperately? Thanks in advance.

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2007, 11:22 PM
I've followed all the points up until number 4. Should I be holding the 360 as I jump or should it be thrown seperately? Thanks in advance.

Good question. I threw mine first and tried to catch it. It made it much more exciting. Luckly the 360 broke my fall and I only came out with minor injuries (full body cast).

But try jumping down with it, while flying down throw it ahead of you (if you can) and then try to play catch up. Fun stuff.

Edit : Also if that doesnt work try pouring some gasoline on your 360 then ignite it. It usually makes it work a lot better and gives it a sweet effect when its going really fast.

highpass
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Ok man i'll give the catch up thing a go. I was thinking about buying a second one just to test both theories out but i've hospital bills to pay before that.

Update: Happy to say it worked like a charm. I've emailed Xbox support and informed them of this fix but have yet to receive a reply.

heman38
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
have you tried holding down the A button while the box is starting up to clear the cache memory?

stfoulis007
01-18-2007, 04:18 PM
hold A when the xbox sign comes up at the begging it stops the console crashing as much it worked for me on saints row

AOS Puck
01-19-2007, 06:54 PM
have you tried holding down the A button while the box is starting up to clear the cache memory?

I'll try this on mine, but I think mine is dead.

I was playing Lost Planet last night and the screen goes black all of a sudden. Turn the system of and then back on but everytime it freezes during the XBOX Logo. When it freezes, it makes a weird sound also. So I go to unplug it, thinking that maybe the system had just overheated, and noticed some things quite weird: it sounded like something had broken loose inside the system and also it looked as if the plastic around the top three pins in the power plug-in had partially melted. Also, the metal pieces in the plastic looked as if they were disfigured by being overheated, tweaked, and then allowed to cool. The worst part about all of this is that my warranty states that I have to mail it in for repairs, I can't just take it in and exhange it.

Atleast my roommate is out of town for a week, so I'll just swap harddrives and use his while he's gone. :woop:

Jay_FNG
01-19-2007, 08:08 PM
The Xbox 360 I use at work died on the 16th (http://jayfng.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A5557A058F6EA78B!1363.entry)... it gave me no warning at all.

You'll know your xbox is dead when the 360 orb animation freezes and pixilates during boot up.... 1-800-4-My-Xbox Give them a buzz and walk through their trouble shooting tips... if that doesn't work try and speak with one of their technicians.

Both of my 360's are launch consoles, and they're fixing the dead one for free. (The one at home works perfectly still.)