PDA

View Full Version : What Civilization is your favorite?!?

chirush20
06-26-2009, 09:35 AM
For me i like to win cultural victories. I like to build all the wonders and see all the great people. I use the Romans alot because in the throughout the game wonders are 1/2 but on the other hand i like to use the Mongols because when you take a barbarian city it becomes your own (lol one time i had like 5 or 6 cities right next to each other because of all the barbarians). So thinking about this i was wondering what other civilizations do other people like to play with. Why do they like that civilization? is there a certian type of victory they like? So i made this thread for people to discuss what they think!

Leibrockoli
06-26-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm kind of particular to the Aztecs after playing as them for a while. They don't really have any combat benefits, but the auto-healing after a battle is an amazing power to have for domination victories, especially when you get to the point where you have bomber, tank and artillery armies, keeping those fully healed is a really good potential.

And if I'm not going for a domination, I'd probably use the Greeks just because they start with a Courthouse.

Phoenixfire1030
06-28-2009, 10:50 AM
For me it depends on the victory I'm shooting for.

Domination-Aztec or Japanese
Technology- Arab or Indian
Cultural-Greek or French
Economic-Arab or Indian

Halfang
06-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I like the germans.

The 2% interest in gold reserves is amazing, topped with the panzers, one of the best civs to go for economic victory (hell yeah, 2000gold per turn 8D)

zimzvm
06-28-2009, 02:01 PM
I like Russia the most simply for they have the nicest leader : P

chirush20
06-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I like Russia the most simply for they have the nicest leader : P

Lol indeed they do! :p

Flammy
06-29-2009, 04:30 AM
lol @ above two comments

and i LOVE the mongols... their ancient power of converting barbarian villages rather than destroying gives a HUGE benefit right at the get-go. (i played as them just to get the achievement, but ended up using there power to capture and build over 15 cities all over the world... it was so fun)

Advent
07-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Yeah, it really all depends on what win I'm going for, but love me some German tanks.

BrassBallz
07-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Aztecs purely for the Healing power right from the start. It's very easy to win when all you're units auto heal. Plus they get added gold production and start with gold so you can get a head start.