PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Romo!

razzleson
01-07-2007, 04:31 AM
If anyone saw the Seahawks - Cowboys game you'll know what I'm talking about. Romo won the game for the Seahawks.

razzleson <3's Romo

(I'll edit this once a video gets put up)

AOS Puck
01-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Don't forget, Terry Glenn did his part also. :)

razzleson
01-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Don't forget, Terry Glenn did his part also. :)
Oh there were NUMEROUS other incidents on both sides of the game, but I've never seen a play like Romo's in a playoff game.

My mouth was agape after that play for at least 5 minutes.

IMportdreams95
01-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Way to go seattle, show them bitches whos boss! haha

DaKing240
01-07-2007, 04:59 AM
Best ending ever...

Smokez
01-07-2007, 05:17 AM
lm Watchin it on ESPN right Now. How about that Kick Return and Goaline Stand. TO bad they messed up the next play lol

Maka
01-07-2007, 05:19 AM
In My Opinion, The Cowboys played the better game, and the Seahawks won because of the faults of the cowboys...

Gunstar Chaos
01-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Considering I watched the game, not really caring who won. There were a lot of bad calls and missed calls in this game that made the Cowboys look like the better team.

Does anyone else notice that it looks like Romo tries to do everything himself? He is always trying to run (which he shouldn't because he can't figure out how to tuck the ball). This is also the second snap "slipup" on a field goal I've seen from him. He did the same thing last time, drop the ball and try to run in. I can't tell if he is doing it on purpose to get more recognion or what. All I do know is it pissing me off that after he fumbles or throws an INT he walks after smiling. Man I hate that.

Fonkey Monkey
01-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Man what a crazy year he has had. He goes from a bench warmer, to dating Jessica Simpson and being the story of the year, to now prolly being driven out of town.

ImmortalLeoman
01-07-2007, 07:40 AM
I love how he droped the ball

Maka
01-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Considering I watched the game, not really caring who won. There were a lot of bad calls and missed calls in this game that made the Cowboys look like the better team.

Does anyone else notice that it looks like Romo tries to do everything himself? He is always trying to run (which he shouldn't because he can't figure out how to tuck the ball). This is also the second snap "slipup" on a field goal I've seen from him. He did the same thing last time, drop the ball and try to run in. I can't tell if he is doing it on purpose to get more recognion or what. All I do know is it pissing me off that after he fumbles or throws an INT he walks after smiling. Man I hate that.

He wasnt suppose to even hold the field goal kicks. Backups do it, and he's started the last 10 games? Its his fault, but he couldnt of really done anything else once it slipped other than run.

Shaaady Souljah
01-07-2007, 04:14 PM
that was priceless. Romo has seen too many dramatic sports movies where the guy dives in at the last second and becomes the town hero...

i can't wait to see how ugly the giants-eagles game is going to be!

razzleson
01-07-2007, 05:18 PM
HERE' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-MUic4U4I)s the play in case anyone didn't see it.

Simply beautiful.

IMportdreams95
01-07-2007, 06:10 PM
yeah tough break for them. ROMO sucks IMO anyways.

ImmortalLeoman
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
He wasnt suppose to even hold the field goal kicks. Backups do it, and he's started the last 10 games? Its his fault, but he couldnt of really done anything else once it slipped other than run.

He accualy was the holder the entire season, beacuse he started the season as the backup

Shaaady Souljah
01-08-2007, 12:18 AM
He accualy was the holder the entire season, beacuse he started the season as the backup

yeah, and he actually did a good job. it's not like drew bledsoe could hold... he would find a way to get sacked, even on field goals and extra points :p

it was a lose lose situation.

Disabled Gamer
01-08-2007, 02:21 AM
yea romo did help the seahawks win the game..but what did you expect the cowboys always end the yr sometimes like that..

TsN DiVeRsIoN
01-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Yeah the Cowgirls are trash.....

Gunstar Chaos
01-08-2007, 02:30 AM

Yea that's right. However once you become starter, it makes more sense to find a new holder. The starter doesn't have a chance to practice on the sidelines during the drive.

I just can't help to think that he intended to do that, he caught the ball and drops it when he's placing it. I wouldn't think that if it wasn't for him to doing the same thing recently.

Nodogg
01-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Where'd Blum go? :eek:

IMportdreams95
01-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Where'd Blum go? :eek:

He's camping

AOS Puck
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Yea that's right. However once you become starter, it makes more sense to find a new holder. The starter doesn't have a chance to practice on the sidelines during the drive.

I just can't help to think that he intended to do that, he caught the ball and drops it when he's placing it. I wouldn't think that if it wasn't for him to doing the same thing recently.

The problem is that you can't always just find a new holder for your kicker. If you really rely on your kicker, he needs to be comfortable with his holder so all he has to do is go out thinking about the kick. If you change the holder midstream, the kicker now starts thinking about the holder (will he be able to get it down right, will he get the laces out, can he handle a bad snap, etc.). The Eagles are a perfect example; they wanted David Akers to be as comfortable as possible so they go out and sign Koy Detmer for the playoffs just to be the holder (and possibly the third quarterback). Too many people underestimate how much the holder actually does for the kicker, both physically and mentally.

Gunstar Chaos
01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
No I completely understand but I do recall after Romo got his start, Vanderjagt was released and they signed Gramatica thus no reason not to bring in a new holder. Gramatica had to already get used to a new holder so it would have made no difference. If you are the starting QB, you have no time to practice your holds. No excuse, Cowboys fault for not switching holders.

RadicalSniper99
01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Who would have thought the hold for a kick would become so important this season. After the Bronco vs. Bengals game, now this one between the Cowboys and Seahawks. You would think this would be one of the types of things people make sure they are doing right all the time. Stupid mistake by the Cowboys. Good for me though, I had the Seahawks winning that game in my playoff pool.

IMportdreams95
01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
No I completely understand but I do recall after Romo got his start, Vanderjagt was released and they signed Gramatica thus no reason not to bring in a new holder. Gramatica had to already get used to a new holder so it would have made no difference. If you are the starting QB, you have no time to practice your holds. No excuse, Cowboys fault for not switching holders.

Vanderjagt played with us for a long time before we got him outta there. He is still a GREAT kicker. Yea he fucked up a few times but who doesn't. anyways the cowboys should not have released him. Now hes getting paid 9 million to sit at home when he could at least hold the kicks.. whatever cowboys got what they deserved. eat that blum

Shaaady Souljah
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
someone (Vandejagt) who is the most accurate kicker in NFL history for almost all of his career does not just suddenly "suck". maybe Romo was the reason he was missing kicks he normally wouldn't!

;) Romo just sucks at holding....

IMportdreams95
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
someone (Vandejagt) who is the most accurate kicker in NFL history for almost all of his career does not just suddenly "suck". maybe Romo was the reason he was missing kicks he normally wouldn't!

;) Romo just sucks at holding....

that wasn't vanderjagt who was kicking. hes at home bc they fired/released him.

Shaaady Souljah
01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
yeah that's what i'm saying. they cut him because he was missing all of a sudden...and WHO was his holder? ;)

IMportdreams95
01-08-2007, 04:47 PM
yeah that's what i'm saying. they cut him because he was missing all of a sudden...and WHO was his holder? ;)

gotcha man, my bad. well they cut him because he missed 2 (i think) aganist Indy. well fuck thats his old team and was stressed out. Look adam vinatieri he missed when we played the patriots. He had so much respect for them and memorys won the super bowl for them etc. and they booed him! he got choked up. good thing we dont have idiots like the cowboys coaching staff or we would have fired the best kicker in the league! :eek:

AOS Puck
01-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Not putting it past Romo being a crappy holder, but Vanderjagt claimed that he pulled his groin during the preseason and it never healed properly and that was why he was kicking so bad.

IMportdreams95
01-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Not putting it past Romo being a crappy holder, but Vanderjagt claimed that he pulled his groin during the preseason and it never healed properly and that was why he was kicking so bad.

Thats right, man i forgot about that. Yeah hes had a bad year or two. but he is still over 80% for his career. Who wouldn't want him?

Shaaady Souljah
01-08-2007, 05:39 PM
we'll take him!!!

*vikings fan jumps for joy...er...hope*

Minty
01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
HERE' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-MUic4U4I)s the play in case anyone didn't see it.

Simply beautiful.

Makes me appreciate rugby lol

Nodogg
01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
He's camping

Bad news: Cowboys lose. Good news: Romo gets a new endorsement deal!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7df29b3127cce814d59f7076400000015109CbtGLhu3o

Wreckon Dracgon
01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
That is sweet...

I'm so glad they lost not a big fan of Dallas... living near Washington DC will do that to you.

ContrastElement
01-08-2007, 09:28 PM
lol nice nadogg

Darth Odan
01-10-2007, 01:09 AM
I didn't finish watching the game, but I heard that Romo Fumbled. I was skeptical of that, I mean what are the odds? Went to youtube, all I can say:

What a noob.