PDA

View Full Version : Is X360a sexist???

colmotoole2
06-27-2009, 11:33 PM
First, let me say I love the site but why is there an award for being a female member to the site and not a male member? I mean, sure females are slightly less common to see around the gaming world but Im just sayin.

Cyrex
06-27-2009, 11:35 PM
less common is a huge understatement. If you look at our community you will see we have 138 female gamers. We have around 213k members if my memory serves me correctly. Plus they are only awards who really cares, because that's the only thing the females gamers are getting extra

0.0006478873%

that's the percentage of female gamers we have here, i think it is something special

Awards are not really a big deal, they are just kind of there so that people can see what you have accomplished while being a member of this "webb"site, the female gamer one is there just as a marker...

Skillet
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM
less common is a huge understatement. If you look at our community you will see that around 100 if not less are female gamers. We have around 300k members if my memory serves me correctly. Plus they are only awards who really cares, because that's the only thing the females gamers are getting extra

Actually, there are about 130. :p

But statistically, the gaming population has been dominated by males since Pong. It's fact... there simply aren't very many girl gamers. So I guess they do deserve an award since it's still surprising to see female gamers.

The award is really only there to seperate the user base, I think. Obviously... if you don't have the gamerchick award, you're either a guy or you haven't told anyone that you're a girl.

Besides, giving out awards to the 200 thousand guys on the side would be a huge waste of time.

And no, x360a is not sexist.

kaleido42
06-27-2009, 11:42 PM
In addition consider this, happens alot and can sometimes get annoying.

person 1 "blah, blah, blah"
person 2 "oh really, blah, blah"
person 3 "omg person 1, how could you blah"
person 2 "you got it wrong person 3, he mearly meant blah blah"
person 1 "person 2, I'm a she"

That happens far to often, this (usually) solves that.

colmotoole2
06-27-2009, 11:42 PM
k dudes. Just wonderin y. I was just jokin about x360a bein sexist.

Skillet
06-27-2009, 11:44 PM
k dudes. Just wonderin y. I was just jokin about x360a bein sexist.

And we were just explaining why. ;)

colmotoole2
06-27-2009, 11:48 PM
And we were just explaining why. ;)
k thnx dude