PDA

View Full Version : Minion sweeping is 100% fail

shinobigarth
06-28-2009, 04:42 AM
seriously i didnt realize as much in the first game but i do now that the sweeping mechanic is completely HORRIBLE.

im trying to do that beyond ridiculous part in the long ass elevator shaft right after killing the spider queen where you have to sweep Green minions riding on spiders on the walls to hit the switches so the elevator keeps going and im on the 3rd section and i cant do it! there are entirely too many effing obstacles on the wall you have to navigate around and the floor rises too quickly that by the time you navigate the Green dude (i only use 1 to preserve sanity) to the next plate the floor has already caught up with him and he jumps off.

any tips because this part is driving me nuts!!

Compton Snapper
06-28-2009, 04:58 AM
i kno that pissed me off, but just try really hard and do it really quick and i got it randomly, after that 3rd section thats all and...well thats i can really say :P :S
but yea, it is a really big piss off tho

trystenblack
06-28-2009, 05:16 AM
This part was absolutely the worst moment in the game thus far. I remember thinking how could this even make it past beta. I ended up making it through, also at random, by using 90 degree angle turns. Anytime I would sweep those little bastards diagonal they would inevitably get stuck on a corner or a wall.

Compton Snapper
06-28-2009, 05:22 AM
i kno thats how i did it too, just out of the blue :/.
i thought it was the worst part too, but i think the game is awesome tho :D

shinobigarth
06-28-2009, 06:09 AM
i finally did it after about half a damn hour.

i mean this game is pretty good other than that though, well and of course the camera has major issues but what game doesnt. despite that its fun.

trystenblack
06-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Overall I've been having a really good time with it. I definitely agree about the camera issues, but some of the new features/aspects have been great.

Splatterer Ross
06-28-2009, 06:38 AM
I thought that part was easy until the last part... Anyway, for the last part after around 2-3 fails I just went through slowly and memorized where to go. Hope that helps.

Psychopatrix
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Its easy ^^

go first only with 1-3 Minnions, you reach the 3rd button to late normal ... so get to the 3rd and press "Y" so the first group will stay there.

In the second try you now only need to reach the 1 and 2 Button ... the 3rd is activatet after Pressing the 2cond ... cause ur Minnions stay on 3rd.

Hope i Helped you :D

trystenblack
06-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Its easy ^^

go first only with 1-3 Minnions, you reach the 3rd button to late normal ... so get to the 3rd and press "Y" so the first group will stay there.

In the second try you now only need to reach the 1 and 2 Button ... the 3rd is activatet after Pressing the 2cond ... cause ur Minnions stay on 3rd.

Good call, I'm going to try it this way on my second play through.

Darth Cuda
07-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Its easy ^^

You saved me my sanity and problably a controller that i was about ready to throw. The sweep mechanic is really crappy and with the precision it wants its next to impossible. Your tip saved the day.

Cohh
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
GREAT CALL!

I finished my Domination playthrough this weekend and am almost to this part on my Destruction one. I was dreading coming back to this part. It took me a frustratingly large amount of tries the first time (the spiders kept hopping off the damn wall before I figured out the "horizon" thing).

Glad I checked out the forums before I got there. Great tip. :p

ASJ07
07-06-2009, 01:12 PM
It took me half an hour and 50 dead greens minions to do it.

Ketua
07-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Sweep = fail. RT FTW.

I posted all my greens, and pulled one out. And send just that one running along the wall.. this worked up until the very last section where one green literally doesn't have enough time to hit all the needed plates.

To get past the final part I had to focus on using a larger group with some "spread" to the minions.

When I swept them I ran the leaders right past the first switch so they ignored it, then when about 1/2 the minions were past, I swept my leaders up. This made the rear minions hit the first switch and saved me time cause I just let them get stuck and end up back with me rather than trying to pull them back down and move forward again, it also put my leads in position to go over that one obstacle right before the second plate.

From there I had barely enough to time to get the rest of the way. The biggest tip I can give, is don't try to "unstick" any minions that get caught on something, just ignore them and keep sweeping the minions that are moving freely.

Cohh
07-06-2009, 09:19 PM
this worked up until the very last section where one green literally doesn't have enough time to hit all the needed plates.

It's not impossible... It just takes 30+ minutes rofl :p I didn't even think to post my guys... ug.

Jenkinss
07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
There is a noticable, probably 1/2 second lag between pressing the right analog and the minions actually moving. Not a huge problem until this part. What a huge PITA.

Major Wedgie1
07-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Its easy ^^

Yes this prevented me from going insane, thank you !

Stevey Boy2006
07-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I did it without posting them, it took a few goes, but not impossible, the more minions you have, the quicker the switches work, say you just send 1 round he wont activate the switch quick enough.

drexsack
10-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Its easy ^^

OMFG you really saved me and my gamepad, thx ALOT :woop:

The Geass Lord
06-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Wow I wish I would've read this before, would've saved me a couple of heart attacks. I'll pass this helpful info to others anyway.

missiloon
06-24-2010, 07:00 PM
The camera didn't work well on the spider part and some other parts in the game, that was annoying.