PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got all platinum????

wildwest08
06-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone has gotten the achievement for all platinum, because they are freaking hard to get, Props to you if you do have them.

p.s. you think they would have made the game more doable for the platinum huh?

CunningFox
06-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Not really, the platinum achievements are supposed to be hard ones only for players who are determined to get the 1000.

Ive got them all in the Decepticon missions and they realy aren't all as hard as some people say.
Just memorize where the skill shots are and keep using advanced techniques to fill your overdrive.

Flik
06-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I've done all the single player related achievements and just have a few multiplayer ones left to get.

Platinum isn't that hard in this (may just be saying that because I just got done doing the same on Prototype a week or so ago) especially if you wait until you're fully upgraded and have unlocked more choices of character.

Most of the Autobot ones I found using Ironhide was best, I guess because you get an extra gun with him if you place the turret wisely. Decepticon I found using Megatron best for most of them that weren't races. And yeah, last piece of advise is just learn where the skill shots are and use skilled takedowns to fill your meter (and then use your meter wisely).

I posted a video of getting a certain plat in the help thread, so if anyone wants to see a plat run on a different mission just let me know.

wildwest08
06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
a plat run on any mission would be helpful thanks

C Fresh
06-28-2009, 03:56 PM
It wasn't too hard for me, but then again I worked on the game :)
Flik is exactly right, skillshots and overdrive is key, as is unlocking all the characters. Also if you do this as one of the last things then you will have everything upgraded as well, which comes in handy.

Good Luck.

TiptopChrisy
07-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Wooh ! Just got 1000/1000 there and it wasnt all that hard , like said above , the key is using to unlocked characters, the Skill Shots and the Overdrive thingy ( <maybe got the name wrong < ) my personal favourites where Ironhide due to his ballistic power and either megatron or long haul due to there flamethrower damage (long haul) and megatron damage capabilitys. Hope this helps anyone who is trying for the Platinums :D

Darth Cuda
07-02-2009, 01:15 AM
I've gotten alot of gold with Ironhide, Megatron and Longhaul. So i guess they are the best to use on most missions but i haven't gotten platinum yet on any level.

wildwest08
07-02-2009, 01:26 AM
i finally got all of the platinum and was jumping the gun on this thread. going through the campaign for the first time i thought it would be dang near impossible, but with maxed stats and specific characters it was easier

Darth Cuda
07-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Well i got 2 platinums finally. Missions where you have to destroy buildings with decepticon campaign. If anyone needs at least 1 platinum I suggest doing the museum level just use Longhaul's flamethrower (switch to grenades while it recharges) and circle the building, hit healing as needed and you should get it no problem i had weapons cooling/heating maxed when i did it though.

CutmanMike
07-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I got all platty's on the Autobot campaign. Ironhide rapes everything. Hard. Always use him when you can and if you can't, use breakaway (especially for the mission where you protect Ironhide).

As people have said, it's a good idea to find out where the skill shots are before hand. They're not mandatory though, I've just about made it in a few missions with only hitting one or none at all. Those extra ten seconds are very helpful though.

Tourius
07-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I've just finished the autobots plat and used ironhide for pretty much everything bar the mission you save him the last mission and the mission against the first boss (used breakway with his sniper) i've just started my decpticons plat and i'm mainly using megatron but im still struglin any advice?

Xx Overkill VR
07-03-2009, 01:43 AM
I haven't yet got around to the Decipticon story but for the Autobots I found it really easy to use either Ironhide because of his Grenade Launcher and his Shotgun. They are really powerful and his turret helps a lot too. I also used Breakaway a lot because of his advanced melee when coming out of Jet form. It knocks them back far and is very powerful. When in overdrive you can use his sniper to 2 shot the enemies at a distance rather than waiting for the enemies to come to you/you go to them and have your overdrive wasted. Headshot bounuses without overdrive also help a lot.

It was ridiculously easy. Don't know what the problem is.

Ash J Williams9
07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
I got all 1000 for this game today. Most of the missions were easy to get the platinum medals. One of the races was hard though.. the one where had 45 seconds to complete for platinum. You had to get evey single skill shot to make it in time. You also had to make sure you didn't hit anything in your way...:uzi::woop:

CunningFox
07-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I've just finished the autobots plat and used ironhide for pretty much everything bar the mission you save him the last mission and the mission against the first boss (used breakway with his sniper) i've just started my decpticons plat and i'm mainly using megatron but im still struglin any advice?

Don't use megatron.
He is far too slow so just use Starscream for enemy elimination and use Sideways for all the races.

And am I the only person who finds it much easier to use Standard Optimus for almost everything. His secondary weapon is really overpowered even when not charged.

Darth Cuda
07-05-2009, 11:10 PM
I got all platty's on the Autobot campaign. Ironhide r**** everything. Hard.

please watch for offensive language.

ntb213
07-06-2009, 01:47 AM
The best to use on the Autobot missions is Ironhide by far.