PDA

View Full Version : Domination Question

SC Defective
06-28-2009, 11:54 PM
The a-holes throwing fireworks...can I kill them with my red minions and not worry about messing anything up, or is one accidental death one too many?

FlipSwitch
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Dont know, I accidentaly killed two citizens in Nordberg, now I still need to dominate 100 people but the population is only 98, anyone know if this is gonna pose a problem?

oWARFAREo
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
No it doesnt you will just need to dominate the rest of the population.. My butt puckerd when i accidently killed some of them.. =) turns out it was ok

Dlark17
07-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh, you're saying that one spell that accidentally went off too long won't count against me? Oh good. I was about to scream and wipe my game when one of the villagers accidentally went from brain slave to brain mush!

So as long as I just keep the remaining 99 around as my slaves, I can still get the Domination achievements (Slaver and New World Order)?

Subion
07-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Oh, you're saying that one spell that accidentally went off too long won't count against me? Oh good. I was about to scream and wipe my game when one of the villagers accidentally went from brain slave to brain mush!

So as long as I just keep the remaining 99 around as my slaves, I can still get the Domination achievements (Slaver and New World Order)?

I did everything on the domination list but I accidently overcharged on 2 people in nordberg and 2 in everlight killing them. Everythin else shows as domination even the dominate both villages (got achievment for that) but I never got the one for 100% domination it shows me as 1 bar off. I even accepted all of the pesants in case that made a difference. So I have no idea what went wrong.

Woosner22
07-04-2009, 08:12 AM
You should be able to kill the people who are throwing fireworks at you....I don't think that it starts tallying how many citizens you've enslaved/killed until you control the city.

willsevo
07-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Im having the same problem, i dominated everything and all people exect 5 in the elvin commune cause its not possible to get to them to enslave them. I got slaver and the new world order achievment but im one bar off the dominator achievment, what the hell:confused:

Geordiefly
07-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Elvin commune? Is that the side quest in Everlight where you unlock a new section of the city? Im just coming up to that part, but i heard that if you kill the villages who are attacking you, then they actually count as villagers killed instead of villagers enslaved, because after you finish the side quest they go back to being green (if you dont kill them i mean) and they are part of the population. So apparently you need to do that side quest quickly and cleanly if your going for domination

Subion
07-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Elvin commune? Is that the side quest in Everlight where you unlock a new section of the city? Im just coming up to that part, but i heard that if you kill the villages who are attacking you, then they actually count as villagers killed instead of villagers enslaved, because after you finish the side quest they go back to being green (if you dont kill them i mean) and they are part of the population. So apparently you need to do that side quest quickly and cleanly if your going for domination

I did that. I only killed one person there because of the reds and I got the domination for it but I am still one mark off.

cydine
07-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I was also a tiny bit off 100% domination and had checked off everything on the list.

Last thing I did was to stop the Elven Rebellion. Got the achievement for 100% domination of Everlight but no 100% overall Domination achievement.

Now this was pretty late at night so I went back to the tower and saved. When I restarted I noticed the Elven Rebellion quest was still active. So went back to Everlight but could not figure out why the quest wasn't marked off as complete.

What completed the quest and popped the 100% Domination achievement was to sweep the greens on spiders across the web to the platform where the villagers were throwing bombs before being dominated. As soon as the spiders touched the platform the achievement popped?

Weird or what?

Splatterer Ross
07-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Even if you only kill one person instead of enslaving them it counts as a destructive act, thus voiding the 100% domination achievement.

The game doesn't start counting enslaving and killing townspeople until you control the city, so you can kill the citizens throwing firecrackers.

Ketua
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Im having the same problem, i dominated everything and all people exect 5 in the elvin commune cause its not possible to get to them to enslave them. I got slaver and the new world order achievment but im one bar off the dominator achievment, what the hell:confused:

Sadly, with almost a 100% chance to miss this, it IS possible to enslave them, you have to get your spider mounts and run them up the wall to the left of the platform and onto it. Then the mounts scare the elves off the platforms, putting them in easy domination range.

Also, Killing these elves, while making the population of Everlight drop so you can still get the town enslave off who's left, the ACT of killing them ticks you into destructive, making you lose your 100% dom tyranny.

Jenkinss
07-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Even if you only kill one person instead of enslaving them it counts as a destructive act, thus voiding the 100% domination achievement. Sorry, you're wrong. I killed 5 in Nordberg and 10 died in Everlight (not sure how many from me, most were to bombs), but I've got the achievement.

To be clear, I'm beyond positive all 5 in Nordberg died to me "over zapping" them, before I got the timing down.

SC Defective
07-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
I have another question on basically the same topic.
This may include spoilers, but probably not.

Im up to where you have to fight the spider, and I am not sure if I messed up my domination run. The hippy commune is empty now, I believe I killed them all. Does that count against me? If so, can I switch to destruction, or were there any "moral" choices that may have been made already to stop me from getting that achievement as well?

Telekiller7
07-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
I have another question on basically the same topic.
This may include spoilers, but probably not.

Im up to where you have to fight the spider, and I am not sure if I messed up my domination run. The hippy commune is empty now, I believe I killed them all. Does that count against me? If so, can I switch to destruction, or were there any "moral" choices that may have been made already to stop me from getting that achievement as well?

the nordburg commune? killing them is destruction, and you cant switch cause you already dominated borius (right?). . . . . so unless you have a backup save youre . . . . . youre screwed

SC Defective
07-07-2009, 09:41 AM
You cant kill him while he is kneeling on the ground?

Telekiller7
07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
You cant kill him while he is kneeling on the ground?

. . . . . what?

Subion
07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
. . . . . what?

You can kill any of the corrupted people you want to if you get mad. It's quite fun. I killed Boruis with my minions because he was getting on my nerves. But it don't change over to destructive. I have wiped out most of nordberg including destoying houses to see if you could change over after corruption but nothing happened. not even a small move in the allignment.

SC Defective
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
That really sucks, but thank you very much.