PDA

View Full Version : How To Fight Only... Any Tips?

LiamW92
06-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Im Sick Of This Already. Stupid People Online, I've Played 7ish Games And So Far Had:

-Jab N00B... Total 656 Jabs.. Nothing Else.
-Haymaker Whore... Total 164 Haymakers.
-Bllock Whore... 1 Punch Block, 1 Punch Block....
-Just A General D**k... 1 Punch A Round, The Runs Away.

Its Getting Really Annoying Now.

Any Body Have Any Tips To Play Or Certain Combinations That Could Work.

Thanks.

*Also I Played The Number 2 In World Last Night And He Was The Jab Whore.. Kinda Pathetic.

Touch
06-29-2009, 07:49 AM
your complaing about tactics people use online? its boxing man people have there own way of boxing....didnt ali jab and move back then go back in with combos then back out?

and i do exactly what you said and im 17-2 in the world champs

D.A.N.
06-29-2009, 08:12 AM
It's boxing. All tactics are pretty much fair and work. I'd rather fight people who can do nothing but jab then fight someone who disconnects.

-Jab N00B... Total 656 Jabs.. Nothing Else.
How are they jabbing you? If they're jabbing and running away, good luck chasing. But if they're just jabbing you on the inside, you should be trying to get in some mix-ups (jabs, hooks, uppercuts, LT jabs and straights, or the non-LT alternating body shots) and then pull out for a second. Lots of players play too fast for their own good and giving them a good combo and moving out will take them out of their comfort zone. Also try giving a little shove here and there (not too much, it doesn't work all the time) after landing a combo and follow it up.

-Haymaker Whore... Total 164 Haymakers.
No advice here. If you're getting hit with these haymakers, you need to seriously pace yourself. You can see them coming from a mile away, and almost anything interupts it in time.

-Bllock Whore... 1 Punch Block, 1 Punch Block....
Defensive players can be a hassle, but you have to remember that there is always a spot in their guard that is open. Find it, and when you do, start mixing it up. While blocking, the player will have to adjust to protect the area that is open, usually leaving their face open. Also try switching your stance (maybe get used to it offline first as it could be confusing in the heat of a fight) which could allow your positioning to hit through the guard where it wouldn't hit before.

-Just A General D**k... 1 Punch A Round, The Runs Away.
Haven't faced anyone like this but I could imagine it would be annoying. Just remember, you aren't gonna get knocked out by one punch every now and then unless it's a huge counter punch combination or something. Wait for them to come in and try to get in a good 2-3 hits and then YOU move away. You'd be surprised how people respond to the same tactics if you just do them better.

LiamW92
06-29-2009, 11:45 AM
No advice here. If you're getting hit with these haymakers, you need to seriously pace yourself. You can see them coming from a mile away, and almost anything interupts it in time.

I never said i was getting hit by them.. all he did was walk away, wait for me to move to him and haymaker me.. which was totally predictable... He had 2 hits/164 Attempts..

Just Annoys Me..

Secondly, the thing about the 'jab' whore was that my stamina was at 0 all the time and his was allways 100 so i couldnt move, or anything i just kinda was frozen..

C0lourmegrey
06-29-2009, 11:55 AM
the haymaker people should be easy to counter & can't see a problem beating them easily, constant jabbing is a different matter though as because you are pretty much constantly taking punches it's nigh on impossible to get a counter punch off. best method to counter this unfortunately simply seems to do it back & try & throw a few harder punches in to get their health below yours & hope that they then don't quit. have had a few good fights online but most simply turn into a who can throw the most jabs/straights as this seems to be the most effective methos of grinding down health without much chance of getting beaten.

could do with a patch or something to deplete stamina more quickly from throwing constant jabs online as it barely even moves even when throwing 200+ per round

Touch
06-29-2009, 05:57 PM
punches win matches.....simples

i jab move out then when he chases me i throw a body haymaker left and right then pull back and repeat...the more punches you throw the more likely you are to win the round