PDA

View Full Version : Online Achievement issue

n0rthav3n
06-29-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm sure this has been posted, but I'm pretty pissed off right now so I need to vent!! :uzi:

I've gotten every single player achievement in this game, so I go to get the online achievements. (Sidebar: I've always hated the idea of online achievements, most games I ignore them because I prefer to play games alone or with my friends, but most online achievements are ranked online matches, not unranked/player matches) Anyway, I lost my first two fights to rather skilled boxers, lost both by KO. I get into a match with a kid with a similar record as mine (I was at 0-2 at this time, he was 1-2) so I figured my odds were pretty good, maybe I'd finally get the "Pain Brings Glory" achievement. We're trading blows and it's a pretty good fight, I must say. I knock him down somewhere around the 3rd or 4th round, so I decide to bring the pain when he gets up. I knock him down again within a few punches and as soon as he falls, he quits. Now, technically I win the fight because he quit, but it doesn't work that way. I was so close to getting this achievement, but of course, a kid with a 1-2 record can't stand to win another round and backs out. Weak.

Does this happen a lot to everyone?
Anyone else have any similar stories?

iincrdblhlk
06-29-2009, 06:55 AM
everytime someone quits on me or we lose connection i still get a win.. but as far as the achievements are concerned, I didnt get the 5 rank win achievement untill i actually won the fights ie. tko ko or decision.. i was 7-0 when i finally got the 5 win achiviement. good luck

Touch
06-29-2009, 07:51 AM
yeah if the guy quits then you get a win but it doesnt go towards the achievements