PDA

View Full Version : Choose a Side not unlocking.....

ASH4L
06-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Like the topic says,Choose a side did not unlock for me. I have unlocked Smells like Victory by doing the Shards and Control Points games by myself. Could it be that since I won those two types of games first as an Autobot that when I went back and played them as a Decipticon (sp?) it didn't count toward that achievement? Since I still have to host team deathmatch,deathmatch and one shall fall do you think maybe if I used a Decipticon in one of those matches it would unlock? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CutmanMike
06-29-2009, 12:30 PM
I got it simply by playing team deathmatch on ranked. Swapped teams after the first two rounds. Not sure why it's not working.

Should you think it is glitched, try moving your save data somewhere else (memory card) and just win on both teams again.

ASH4L
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I just tried that in a player match by myself,still didn't unlock. Maybe I need another person or it has to be ranked.

C Fresh
06-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Double check and make sure you have faction lock on when playing. There is another thread on this as well.

The Viral did not unlock right away for me, because the game woudl not let me taunt. I restarted the xbox and it worked fine, so maybe just try again. I have not heard yet of anyone with a fully glitched achievement, just ones that did not seem to pop at the right times. Let us know what you find out.

KingSlitherOne
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Have you tried doing the viral achievement again?

lostmotiv
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
this achievement has to be done with another person/other people. I had the exact same problem of it not unlocking then i won a game of control points (with other people) and a game of team death match and got the achievement.

C Fresh
06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Have you tried doing the viral achievement again?

Yeah it unlocked fine after I restarted my Xbox. It was not the unlocking of it, it was that I could not taunt for some reason. So I could not do the thing that is supposed to unlock the achievement. It may have been b/c I was in a Follow the Leader game type as well, not sure.

ASH4L
06-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I have not tried it again yet,KingSlitherOne (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=112185) tried to help me with the viral,and I couldn't get the bot to taunt neither. I'm gonna try again hopefully later on today.

C Fresh
06-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I have confirmation that the "Choose a Side" achievement needs to be done with at least one person present. It can still be done in a player match and in Control Point, but someone needs to be playing opposite you. I am updating the guide now, sorry for any confusion.

ASH4L
06-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey man,no problem at all. If it wasn't for the guide I wouldn't have thought about using it for a couple of the multiplayer achievements.

Edit: Got all of the online achievements,the viral was still a pain in the a$$ to unlock on my side though.